ArdentNerdyGirl June 3rd, 2017 9:07pm

Do you believe sexual orientation is determined at birth? Please share your thoughts in the comment section.

Thegamingchance Wyoming
06/04/17 12:27 am

If you are gay power to ya and I am all for gay rights, but from a scientific prospective if it wasn't a choice then why would there not be any other species of animal that has gay animals

ProudCentrist Chicago, Illinois
06/03/17 9:43 pm

Not at all. My aunt dated 2 or 3 guys in high school and 1 guy in college. She didn't become lesbian until she was around 35.

tech24073
06/04/17 12:15 am

Did she "become" lesbian at 35, or is that a point in her life in which she figured out what she needed to be happy?
A lot of people due what is "expected" of them, and eventually change their ways later in life when their situation changes.

That has always been one of the ideas I have been curious about.

devspi Liberal Republican
06/03/17 7:35 pm

I believe it to be a mix of nature and nurture. The fact that you can usually tell a person's orientation based on mannerism alone proves that. There are, of course, exceptions. But there are often biological factors. Like I said though, I believe it to be a combination and I don't think anyone is entirely born with an inherent sexual orientation.

GlockMan1 Alabama
06/03/17 7:07 pm

There are only two sexes. Make and female. Any other "orientation" is a perversion of God's plan for us and one that keeps people separated from God.

Lilue US
06/03/17 8:06 pm

This isn't what the question was asking. Male and female are sexes. Sexual orientation is who you are attracted to.

buffalozulu New Adventures
06/03/17 4:18 pm

It is congenital. You are born with it.

Texas1 location
06/03/17 3:49 pm

I genuinely believe it is sometimes from birth, I also believe that sometimes it is developed through life events. Then there are those that are attention whores and that's what feeds it. In other words, it's not a linear answer.