Show Of Hands February 7th, 2013 12:00am

Would you support the establishment of a Federal finger-print and DNA database for all U.S. residents?

jonny323
02/14/13 1:19 pm

In person voter fraud isn't a big enough problem to warrant fingerprinting all voters.

Think Lovin Life
02/14/13 12:23 pm

... and eliminating voter fraud ...

Think Lovin Life
02/14/13 11:11 am

Krazy ... your over-generalization simply shows your ignorance. I'm conservative and whole-heartedly support the database AND the surveillance of high risk groups like Muslim radicals.

The information is vital to protecting our rights -- this includes biometrics to verify unadulterated elections!

JustBob Your anger fascinates me
02/13/13 6:44 pm

Oh and boboli, inversely proportional? Really?

JustBob Your anger fascinates me
02/13/13 6:43 pm

Wow, you all just ganged up on a 13 year old. House mouse, someone your age using an app like this shows a lot more maturity than I had. Don't listen to these fools.

2ndafe Flat lands of Ohio
02/12/13 8:02 pm

A lot of stupid sheeple out there. It's not the technology that is evil, it's the people who command control of it and control of you through the use of it.

satiricalnick meh
02/12/13 1:15 pm

But murder would be so much harder to get away with!

nasa
02/11/13 11:55 pm

Because if the gov't turns communist or some other bad type of leadership, The Feds know exactly which Burger King you've been to. Hey, you gave them your finger prints, didn't you? The LEAST power and knowledge the gov't has over our ppl, the better. Our gov't works for our ppl, not vice versa.

itanimulli
02/11/13 3:35 am

Anyone who said no to this because it violates their privacy, yet has a Facebook is not only a huge hypocrite, but also an idiot.

susanr Colorado
02/10/13 2:01 pm

OH, another POLL. Sorry, I thought you meant other comments here.

Yeah, I have to admit that looks pretty similar to what you're claiming. Although it wasn't specifically about DNA & fingerprint collecting, "just" surveillance, monitoring & tracking - same in spirit, though.

EvDrew
02/10/13 12:07 pm

IMO. Maybe you have to comply to get any form of payment from gov't. Paycheck, tax returns, food stamps, etc...

kRaZyXmAn Voluntaryist
02/10/13 9:47 am

The poll on Muslims below that asks about spying on Muslims, just because of their religion.

susanr Colorado
02/10/13 9:16 am

Please tell me the time (your own time zone is OK; I'll figure the difference) that the initial comment in the thread wad posted and I'll go read it. There are currently 832 comments here; a quick scan didn't turn up whatever you're referring to.

But: One example does not = "all."

kRaZyXmAn Voluntaryist
02/10/13 9:01 am

Go look at the thread regarding Muslims below and then see why it's fact.

Bradtx Texas
02/10/13 6:41 am

In Texas it is recorded, but not used in AFis, the database used by law enforcement in investigations.

Bradtx Texas
02/10/13 6:30 am

What exactly could someone do with my fingerprint pattern or dna coding?

GirthMcRod Illinois
02/10/13 2:02 am

I fail to see the likelihood or application of how any government employee, appointee, volunteer, or elected official would abuse the information contained in my fingerprint or DNA profile

GirthMcRod Illinois
02/10/13 1:59 am

You might want to see a doctor about those men in suits hiding in the bushes outside of your apartment. Please get help

GirthMcRod Illinois
02/10/13 1:51 am

I would support it by happily providing my print/DNA. Though I am dubious of the cost/feasibility of a program so ambitious. How would we enforce compliance? Treat the holdouts like Vietnam draft dodgers?

ScrewU Gone
02/10/13 12:15 am

Every service member, every cop and a whole lot of other people have provided one or both already. Have you heard of ANY abuses?

Virginia has one of the largest DNA databases in the world, and crime has gone down dramatically. The country should follow our lead.

SouthernG Man Cave
02/09/13 11:47 pm

Just liberals would be sufficient

SouthernG Man Cave
02/09/13 11:47 pm

No, but an exception for the liberals. :-p. wonder what the party line jailhouse ratio is?

Asterix Florida
02/09/13 11:19 pm

such data can and will be eventually stole, lost, or hacked by someone with malicious intent. imagine what they can then do with that.

trepidhickory Ayy Lmao
02/09/13 9:56 pm

if you're loved ones were murdered or raped and they found fingerprints and DNA but no match in the system I'm sure most of you would change your votes to yes is it really that much of a stinking inconvenience to you? seriously please tell me how it would negatively impact your life by giving

susanr Colorado
02/09/13 4:49 pm

You can't just declare something to be fact and then call it hypocrisy.

It has to actually happen first.

acctdele
02/09/13 3:27 pm

No idiot we don't support this for any reason whatsoever.

kRaZyXmAn Voluntaryist
02/09/13 2:06 pm

Hypocrisy: the fact that all the republicans who oppose this would support it if it applied only to Muslims.

chaseb Texas
02/09/13 12:15 pm

You won't have friends for long if you brag about how smart you are
Quit trolling

MHz40
02/09/13 11:49 am

Cuz they'd run your DNA, learn that you have a 90% chance of getting Altzheimer's by the te you're 62 and put you at the end of the Obamacare line for receiving any health care.
It's simply none of the governments damn business!!

BadWolf The Library
02/09/13 11:21 am

Don't flatter yourself. You aren't important enough to stalk.

housemouse
02/09/13 10:02 am

Yes, and I'm thirteen! I have many friends and just because I'm smart doesn't mean I'm socially awkward.

cat3675 Bowling Green, KY
02/09/13 7:56 am

To house mouse; that explains it! High IQ=no common sense

cat3675 Bowling Green, KY
02/09/13 7:55 am

I do not want the government stalking me or others any more than they already are!

cat3675 Bowling Green, KY
02/09/13 7:54 am

But not your DNA and the other is because you have to be bond able

tommyrock
02/09/13 7:04 am

What's next, your ID tattooed on your arm ?

pietsch Another Adoring Fan
02/09/13 7:01 am

Housemouse, people who brag about their IQs are socially retarded. Do the math and see what happens to that IQ in the real world.

Bob6907
02/09/13 6:18 am

What concerns me is those who voted yes have such little faith in the people that they want every citizens DNA and finger print. But they trust the government made up of these same people to not abuse this information!

SugarShaq
02/08/13 11:28 pm

Recheck in order after the last election

countrysurfin
02/08/13 10:57 pm

Any particular finger?

countrysurfin
02/08/13 10:57 pm

When was the last time you checked???

MrMilkdud
02/08/13 10:48 pm

LEB- you expressed support for a database to store other people's DNA. The question was if you support a federal database to store ALL citizens DNA.
This isn't about you and your kids. This is about you using the force of government to collect evidence from everyone else for a future crime.

FreeSarcasm
02/08/13 10:22 pm

Who says I'm forcing anyone to submit to this? I'm not God or the President. I'm just giving my opinion and my reasoning for it just like the rest of you. And to clarify, I am for the database to catch criminals who left DNA or prints behind, not to find my children if they ever disappear.

JollyMan93 Big Sky Guy
02/08/13 10:17 pm

@ zimmer ok then if you guys agree what do you have to hide then President Bush wasnt wrong with getting terrorist talking on the phone. (I'm a bush supporter)

Mable
02/08/13 10:01 pm

Um wow. this is truly creepy and it sincerely frightens me that nearly half of you said yes. just...wow.

Zimmeress Make Me Laugh
02/08/13 9:59 pm

I agree with this. What do you have u have to hide?? I think it would be greatly used for crimes, getting people where they should be IN-OR OUT OF jail. People are in prison because of wrongful convictions. That's why there are so many cases coming up- people are being freed bc they took a DNA test.

WhatsThatSmell Florida
02/08/13 9:48 pm

I'll give them the finger before a finger print.

14573 Scary Numbers
02/08/13 9:47 pm

massive amounts. But right now he can hardly get a bill through Congress. The President isn't powerful. If anything, he's helpless against the House.

14573 Scary Numbers
02/08/13 9:43 pm

Ok 1. Insurance should not have access to the files (that's mixing government and corporations, which I'm against) and 2. All presidents have expanded their power? ALL of them. So why can't Obama just do whatever he wants regardless. I mean 20-some terms of power expansion must have results in ...