ishady 86451132020
06/01/17 3:48 pm

Its just another religion that can be used to commit atrocities.

Delta12 White American
06/01/17 1:47 pm

Bud I know not all of you are bad I know that many are peaceful people but 15-25% of Muslims are jihadists and that's like 300 million. So it's the size of the u.s that's why we are scared of bringing more in bevause you don't know who could be a jihadist

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
06/01/17 1:57 pm

If 300 million Muslims were out shooting people in the streets, I think we'd know

Delta12 White American
06/01/17 2:01 pm

Man they don't just do it like that,we're talking about the Muslims who support the sharia law and oppression of women and killing the non Muslims

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
06/01/17 2:16 pm

Sharia is more complicated than that. It's not a monolithic idea, so saying "I like Sharia" doesn't necessarily mean "I like oppressing women in gays." It's pretty synonymous in some contexts with "I like Islam." It's a very broad idea, so you can't determine anything from these stats about how many people like Sharia.

Delta12 White American
06/01/17 2:21 pm

Well you can tell if they say that women can't wear hijab or a person who doesn't follow the teachings of Islam should be killed, I mean I hear that a lot man, there's some Muslims that support the caliphate, I know not all but there's many

JackQHu Durham, NC
06/01/17 1:25 pm

No. Islam is a monotheistic faith and peace is a state of being or belief. Therefore Islam is not the same thing nor equal to peace.

Delta12 White American
06/01/17 1:27 pm

So your saying Islam is peaceful or not?

JackQHu Durham, NC
06/01/17 1:28 pm

Islam is not inherently peaceful nor violent, though overtime it's become more and more violent.

Delta12 White American
06/01/17 1:30 pm

Yes and their profit used to kill people who weren't Muslim or didn't pay the jiza tax

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
06/01/17 1:46 pm

I don't know why the jizya is being raised as some sort of oppression. Muslims had to pay a zakat to the caliphate to support the welfare system and defense and everything that states pay for. Religious minorities, like Christians and Jews, were mostly autonomous. The Jizya is just a tax in replacement of the zakat, whose funds paid for defense and stuff. Religious minorities were given general autonomy, so this is just one small way non-Muslims could pay for to defend the religious freedom they were granted.

Delta12 White American
06/01/17 1:48 pm

Yes but in our countries Muslims pay nothing

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
06/01/17 1:59 pm

No, in our countries Muslims pay the same taxes as everyone else. In the early caliphate, religious minorities were given autonomy. It's just a different way of addressing religion in society, and the way they did it is the only just way to have a theocracy. We have a secular government, so that sort of stuff couldn't fly.

Delta12 White American