mtdewbob June 1st, 2017 6:47pm

Uber -vs- Lyft: Lyft, tipping on app, has driver incentive bonuses of 10% and 20% paid weekly, larger sign up bonuses and $5 cancellation fees paid to drivers. Uber, no tipping, $3 dollar cancellation fee paid to driver and no incentive bonuses.

ovcourse Alzheimer Joe
06/01/17 5:35 pm

I've only used Lyft, and I'm happy so far.

mtdewbob Arizona
06/01/17 5:49 pm

I've been driving Uber for nine months (1200 rides) and Lyft for only a month (187 rides) but what I'm hearing from my customers is that they prefer a Lyft over Uber. I don't know why that is other than it would seems logical if a driver is provided incentive bonuses and ways of bettering their statistics and pay that it would make for a happier driver which in turn makes for a happier driving experience for both the customer and driver. I think that Lyft has a better business model and ideas for so than Uber does.
Also I've talked to a lot of Uber drivers in my nine months and it just seems like they have a spur up there butt for the way Uber has been treating them. Ubers lower their pay, knocking them out of the queue at the airport, sending them off on trips of 30 minutes to a location only to drive a person a few blocks away for the minimum fare, etc. etc. etc.

Iamamerican California
06/01/17 12:41 pm

My son worked for Uber for a short time and didn't like it. He was propositioned by a drunk woman, asked if he wanted to buy drugs, told to take a different route than was required (a no no) and other odd things. He said it wasn't work his time.

iceberg124
06/01/17 11:53 am

The lyft CEO is much worse than uber. Uninstall

mtdewbob Arizona
06/01/17 11:58 am

I rather uninstall Uber for unfair work practices of that company.

mtdewbob Arizona
06/01/17 11:53 am

Uber, cancellation fee of three dollars is awarded to the driver if that driver drove at least 3 miles or five minutes to a location and the rider either cancels the ride or is a no-show three dollars is awarded the driver.
Lift, when a driver is at a location for pick up there is a five minute countdown clock for the rider to show up for the ride if at the end of that five minutes if the is a no shows the Lyft driver is awarded five dollars. Also if the driver has drove at least 3 miles or five minutes to a location and at that point the rider canceled the ride the driver is awarded five dollars.