rebelfury76 June 1st, 2017 11:54am

Do you think being a full time parent is "the hardest job in the world," or even a "job" at all or is it rather a privilege that one opts into completely willingly.

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
06/03/17 5:27 am

I want to throttle those who post pictures of their kids and their accomplishments and then say something like "aren't they wonderful? I'm so proud. I'm blessed" it's like a hallmark card. Blechhh. I can understand that, but sometimes they go overboard

sadewt Rexburg, Idaho
06/01/17 10:29 pm

O'm confused, your answers don't match the poll question...

rebelfury76 No Justice, No Peace
06/01/17 11:02 am

I'm just sick to death of the FB memes posted by 20 something's with kids who say "I have the hardest most important job in the world" who act like martyrs about a life decision THEY made

krayzewolf New Hampshire
06/01/17 7:56 am

A curse I've successfully avoided.😂

Axl752 NY
06/01/17 6:47 am

It's not a job. It is just a way of life, it is what it is.

lj74
06/01/17 6:30 am

It's a blessing and the hardest job in the world.

Axl752 NY
06/01/17 7:44 am

Any job you can do in your pajamas is not the hardest job in the world.

Jazzy5 USA
06/01/17 8:17 am

I don't know where you got that piece of nonsense. You can't be a parent if you think it is a walk in the park..in your PJ's .

Axl752 NY
06/01/17 9:01 am

I am a parent. No it's not a walk in the park, but it is far from the hardest job in the world.

Jazzy5 USA
06/04/17 4:25 am

This task of raising children is not done in a day.
The results of how well you do as a parent, will be in the adult you see before you!

bluerum29 optimistic idealist
06/01/17 5:33 am

Those who stay at home parent is a full time job must not realize that parents who work full time still have to do all the things the stay at home parent does, just with less time available to do them.

Cole12 ...
06/01/17 5:29 am

It's a job, but not a particularly strenuous or difficult one. Better gig than the vast majority of people working in the real world get.

jmw7477 Indiana
06/01/17 5:17 am

It depends on the parent's mindset. I've known a few females that think of their children as nothing more than a chore. It's something they got stuck with and would be much happier if they weren't parents. I've seen others that absolutely adore and enjoy being a parent.

Kay41 the Midwest
06/01/17 5:06 am

This will be an unpopular opinion but...I don't think it is a "job". I know it is hard work and important work as I raised three sons. Parents are the most important people in children's lives and it takes a lot of effort to raise them, love them, provide for them, and do it in a way that is successful. However, I think it is much harder to be a working parent. To have a paying job and then come home and try to fit all those hours of parent work into 6-7 hours is difficult. It's something I did lovingly and out of necessity, but it was much harder than when I was home all day with my kids during the summer. I'm not putting down stay at home parents in the slightest. I'm just saying that I've been both and the working parent was the harder of the two.

Liberty 4,032,064
06/01/17 5:03 am

Neither, truthfully. It's just something that someone chooses to do, and is the optimal choice for mothers of young children.