political May 31st, 2017 9:56pm

"Racism is not wrong and helping the poor is not right. It is only your opinion that racism is wrong and helping the poor is right."

GodBLessAmerica Death to All
06/02/17 9:24 pm

Well, technically there is no right and wrong, but I you want to be beaten up, go ahead, be a racist.

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
06/01/17 5:58 am

Disagree, because I believe objective morality exists.

Carcano Luke 10 19
06/01/17 2:30 am

Well, the first part really depends on your idea of racism. Depending on the circumstances, "Helping the poor" can also be considered wrong because of the "give a man to fish" argument.

We know what ends are moral but the means are a little more grey.

commonsense America isnt racist
05/31/17 10:56 pm

Let's go to the Bible and see what t says about slavery.....

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
05/31/17 10:49 pm

Nonsense. Morality is absolute and revealed by God.

american6 Moderate Libertarian
05/31/17 8:27 pm

Really what we think is right and wrong is all relative to something else. For example, your right and wrong is relative to the bible, so you would disagree with the first part of the quote.

TheSpookyGhost paleoconservative
05/31/17 6:23 pm

I agree wholeheartedly.

05/31/17 6:20 pm

Technically me - but I disagree with it

A lot of people have this mindset though.

dlinz001
05/31/17 5:04 pm

If that is someone's opinion then it makes the statement correct

WaffleBrainz Indiana
05/31/17 5:25 pm

then youre incorrect because thats my opinion

dlinz001
05/31/17 5:30 pm

I think the idea is that there are no right or wrongs, just opinions

ReligiousCommie No Longer Active
05/31/17 4:36 pm

Surprise, surprise. Some things can be objectively measured morally. 99.9% of everything is in a relativistic gray area.

hfhgsrjjdf
05/31/17 4:58 pm

Are you sure?

05/31/17 5:02 pm

I'm pretty sure that doesn't align with Catholicism.

ScenarioNations California
05/31/17 6:03 pm

Which things can be measured morally? And can you prove there's a source for this morality?

05/31/17 6:06 pm

All things

God reveals himself everyday.

ScenarioNations California
05/31/17 6:09 pm

No he doesn't. If Muslims claim "Allah reveals himself everyday", you'd be skeptical as I am.

05/31/17 6:09 pm

Because Islam is a false religion

05/31/17 6:12 pm

I've been through this with you countless times. Why did you "quit" believing in God?

ScenarioNations California
05/31/17 6:12 pm

And Islam states Christianity is a false religion, Judaism states Christianity is a false religion, and Catholics state Protestants aren't true Christians. Now what? You literally haven't proven your religion is true and rather you've just said so and not expect a rebuttal.

ScenarioNations California
05/31/17 6:14 pm

I quit being a Christian because there's no evidence of God and Christians use circular reasoning as their evidence the Bible is true. Even if there's a god, how do we know he's the God of the Bible?

05/31/17 6:26 pm

The Holy Spirit proves that Jesus Christ is the one and true God every time God regenerates a non-believer. Belief is not something that you can do by yourself. It is something that God can only do because an unregenerate soul is a slave to sin. I'll digress and ask a simple question, is your stance that there is no God or that the True God is really not the true God?

ScenarioNations California
05/31/17 7:38 pm

I'm sorry that's not evidence of God. I've seen people convert to Islam, Buddhism, and (leave religion) atheists and become better people for it. Their lives change. Just because Christianity does change lives, every religion does and therefore it doesn't prove the truth of your religion. If you're saying I must join Christianity to find proof of the Christian God, it would be equivalent to saying I must know poison is real by drinking it. There must be alternative ways of proving your god's existence.

I'm personally not a theist or a deist but if evidence of God's existence is presented, I'll believe in that God.

05/31/17 7:44 pm

How do you address the fulfillment of prophecies by multiple eye witness accounts?

ScenarioNations California
05/31/17 7:45 pm

Which prophecies? List a particular prophecy and I'll do my best to explain why it's not convincing.

05/31/17 7:51 pm

We'll start with this one: Micah 5:2 – “But you, O Bethlehem Ephrathah, are only a small village in Judah. Yet a ruler of Israel will come from you, one whose origins are from the distant past.”

ScenarioNations California
06/01/17 6:54 am

What do you believe that's supposed to predict? The Messiah I'm assuming?

ScenarioNations California
06/01/17 7:20 pm

Ephrath was a clan of Israelites that those in Bethlehem were apart of and due to mistranslation the Jews view this verse as

" But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah,
though you are small among the clans of Judah,
out of you will come for me
one who will be ruler over Israel,
whose origins are from old, from ancient times" -Micah 5: 1 (2).

Matthew misquotes this at "And you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah,
are by no means least among the rulers of Judah;
for from you shall come a ruler
who is to shepherd* my people Israel".

If you look in context it predicts the Messiah will basically be from a certain clan, while Matthew quotes this as a city. This entire passage, in context is referring to the Messiah eliminating war, natural casualties, and bringing peace. It mentions smashing Assyria. In context, you could call this as a mistranslation or just simply a coincidence.

06/01/17 7:26 pm

Next one: Isaiah 7:14 – “All right then, the Lord Himself will choose the sign. Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son and will call Him Immanuel – ‘God is with us.’”

Isaiah 9:6-7 – “For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. And the government will rest on His shoulders. These will be His royal titles: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. His ever expanding, peaceful government will never end. He will rule forever with fairness and justice from the throne of His ancestor David. The passionate commitment of the Lord Almighty will guarantee this!”

Was this prophecy not full-filled?

06/01/17 7:26 pm

Was this prophecy not fulfilled?

ScenarioNations California
06/01/17 7:31 pm

Is there an expiration date on it? On any biblical prophecy? No. Thus even if this passage is saying "the Messiah will come from Bethlehem" (which is debatable), eventually some famous leader would arise out of that area or tribe and thus his followers would say this is proof their leader is the Messiah, even if other prophecies haven't been fulfilled.

06/01/17 7:33 pm

This isn't consistent with "Matthew 1:20-23 – “As he considered this, he fell asleep, and an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream. ‘Joseph, son of David,’ the angel said, ‘do not be afraid to go ahead with your marriage to Mary. For the child within her has been conceived by the Holy Spirit. And she will have a son, and you are to name Him Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.’ All of this happened to fulfill the Lord’s message through His prophet: ‘Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son, and He will be called Immanuel (meaning, God is with us).’”?

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

ScenarioNations California
06/01/17 7:37 pm

The Old Testament never claims the Messiah will be born of a virgin as the original passage uses a word that can be translated as "young woman". The Old Testament as claims the Messiah will be of the line of David and as we know from Israelite tradition, the line passes through the male and this wouldn't be the case if a virgin conceived the Messiah.

06/01/17 8:00 pm

Do you accept the Old Testament as true?

ScenarioNations California
06/01/17 11:35 pm

Parts I'm sure are historically true, but I don't believe there's evidence of proof of young earth creationism, a worldwide flood, divine prophecies being fulfilled, or evidence of Moses or Abraham as historical figures. I don't believe Jesus of Nazareth is the Jewish messiah either.

ComradeJames nationalism
05/31/17 3:49 pm

Well, is morality subjective or objective?

hfhgsrjjdf
05/31/17 4:58 pm

Objective.

Okie1967 The world is crazy
05/31/17 3:39 pm

I said "agree" only because libs insist that morals are subjective which means every person's opinion about right/wrong is as valid as anybody else's. let them eat their own medicine.

05/31/17 4:03 pm

You would think that liberals think morals are absolute from this poll.

Okie1967 The world is crazy
05/31/17 4:07 pm

They use the subjectivity argument when it suits them. Their morals allow them to switch back-and-forth.

Luftwaffe South of Heaven
05/31/17 3:33 pm

How is the belief that all races are not all equal wrong? I prefer my own race, and I would like to put their interests above others in a legal system to ensure their protection. You are a hypocrite if you support Israel but denounce racism.

mikemain OKC
05/31/17 4:02 pm

That's an interesting point about Israel. Couldn't someone support Israel on religious beliefs that are completely separate from race?

Luftwaffe South of Heaven
05/31/17 5:19 pm

Religious, Ethnic, and Racial identity are usually all connected.

mikemain OKC
05/31/17 6:16 pm

They are definitely similar but I would argue that they're independent of one another.

Carcano Luke 10 19
06/01/17 2:33 am

My definition of racism is hatred of other races. Race realism, in my opinion, isn't racism. This is why this entire poll depends on your interpretation of "racism".

mikemain OKC
06/01/17 8:10 am

What is your interpretation of race realism?

05/31/17 3:18 pm

Jim Crow laws were not really wrong then. It's just your opinion that they were!

05/31/17 3:26 pm

That's a pretty dangerous position.

ZaQ777 Pittsburgh
05/31/17 3:30 pm

I wasn't aware you were into defining truth based on what is convenient.

05/31/17 3:43 pm

I do believe in defining truth subjectively, which is why I selected "disagree."

ZaQ777 Pittsburgh
05/31/17 4:00 pm

Given that disagreeing implies three objective statements, I'm not sure what you're getting at.

05/31/17 4:02 pm

Excuse me. I forgot to insert the word *not*

I don't believe in defining truth subjectively.

ZaQ777 Pittsburgh
05/31/17 4:24 pm

That makes more sense. Getting back on track, my point was that the "dangerousness" of a thought is pretty irrelevant. It's still true or not regardless.

05/31/17 4:53 pm

ZaQ777 Pittsburgh
05/31/17 4:57 pm

Again, what difference does it make whether I think it's good or not?

05/31/17 5:01 pm

Because morality is dependent on your opinion

ZaQ777 Pittsburgh
05/31/17 5:15 pm

What?

"Unless you think all men are naturally good, you can't see subjective morality being good."

This doesn't follow. I don't think everyone is naturally good, but this doesn't give my an opinion one way or another on whether subjective morality is good.

05/31/17 5:41 pm

Subjective morality is govern by the individual person. If people aren't naturally good, then morality, which is formed by the individual person, can't be good either.

ZaQ777 Pittsburgh
05/31/17 5:45 pm

Ok, I see what you're saying now. And I don't disagree.

05/31/17 5:57 pm

What would be considered immoral?

mikemain OKC
05/31/17 3:01 pm

Racism is morally and objectively wrong.

05/31/17 3:04 pm