Cole12 May 29th, 2017 11:22pm

Today is Memorial Day. Does America's obsession with the military have more of a positive or negative impact on the country?

DiQuellaPira
05/29/17 5:02 pm

Negative. It promotes statism.

doober72 Vidalia, Ga.
05/29/17 6:32 pm

God Bless American!

Liberatheist Mustafar
05/29/17 4:43 pm

It's negative. It's reinforces interventionist foreign policy

Kamden popular revolt
05/29/17 4:25 pm

Wow I totally had a feeling you'd post something so pretentious and edgy today. Thanks for the fulfilment. Feeling is great you should try it.

Cole12 ...
05/29/17 4:29 pm

How is this edgy? If I wanted to be edgy, trust me, I would have posted something way edgier.

Liberatheist Mustafar
05/29/17 4:40 pm

Cole has posted stuff way edgier than this.

Cole12 ...
05/29/17 4:46 pm

If I wanted to be edgy, I would have posted this: "25% of women in the military have been raped, and 80% have been sexually assaulted. Instead of honoring dead soldiers - most of whom are men, and some of whom committed these horrible crimes against women - should we be honoring the millions of female soldiers who have been violated today?"

Cole12 ...
05/29/17 4:51 pm

Or: "Since its founding, the US has been involved in dozens of wars and conflicts. However, only a few of these wars were for self-defense; many were fought for conquest or capitalism. Instead of worshiping the soldiers who participated in illegitimate wars, should we be honoring the victims of America's war mongering?"

Kamden popular revolt
05/29/17 4:55 pm

Well I was right on about the pretentiousness then, eh?

CoffeeNow Powderpuff Leftist
05/29/17 5:16 pm

Nah don't sell yourself short Cole. I was expecting something like:

"I went to the Memorial Day parade today and told the soldiers to stop killing babies. Five of them came over ready to kick my ass but I got in my karate stance and said 'in the name of Joseph Stalin my powers are beyond your imagination!'. They got scared and ran away. Everyone at the parade starting clapping for me"

PoliticalGuru
05/29/17 7:07 pm

I have a few points to bring out about American wars
Revolutionary fought to establish 🇺🇸
1812 defense
Civil war division
Mexican to protect our settlers
Spanish defense
WW1 I attacked multiple times
WW2 defense
Korea Allies were attacked
Vietnam Allies were attacked
Persian gulf 1 & 2 terrorism attacked Allies and threats
We made those Allies through capitalism but fought to protect them and how disrespectful of a post on a day to remember the fallen soldiers of the United States how about you get some respect

lj74
05/30/17 3:40 am

Did this happen to anyone you know, personally?