buffalozulu New Adventures
05/29/17 1:30 pm

Won't next years also have 1999 graduates? For those born in the fall/winter of 1999?

05/29/17 2:06 pm

I don't know. I tried to figure it out, but I'm having a hard time with the fibrofog today, so I just posted it! Lol

A lot of it has to do with the laws of your state, as to when kids can start, also. It used to be in the state of AL, that if your b'day was after the first week in October, you had to wait until the next year to start. Now, they've backed that up to the first week in August, because school starts in August, instead of right after Labor Day.

So I didn't start 1st grade until I was almost 7, whereas a kid who had just turned 6 in September could start then. It's all so confusing! Lol

TheSpookyGhost paleoconservative
05/29/17 2:20 pm

Buffalo is right. When I started school, you had to be born in or before September, so those born in October, November, and December of 1999 would still graduate next year.

05/29/17 2:22 pm

But doesn't that vary from state to state?

TheSpookyGhost paleoconservative
05/29/17 2:26 pm

I don't think any States go up to December though, so every State should still have 1999 graduates. I could be wrong though.

05/29/17 2:29 pm

I don't know. I can't even begin to figure it out today! Lol

TheSpookyGhost paleoconservative
05/29/17 12:13 pm

I chose the right one because I'm graduating this year and was born in 1999!

05/29/17 12:36 pm

Congratulations! When is the happy day? We've already gotten out of school here.

TheSpookyGhost paleoconservative
05/29/17 2:18 pm

Thanks. We'll be graduating on June 15.

05/29/17 2:22 pm

Wow! That's late. When did you start school this year?

TheSpookyGhost paleoconservative
05/29/17 2:27 pm

Our district has actually been moving the start of the school year earlier each year.

05/29/17 2:30 pm

Ours has also. We start at the beginning of August, and have for many years. I think it's CRAZY to start the year in the hottest part of the year in the state of AL, when many northern schools don't do this.

Especially since a LOT of school buses don't have AC!

TheSpookyGhost paleoconservative
05/29/17 2:38 pm

I go to a very academic school, so it could be different where you are, but our school wants to move the school year forward so that there is more time before the AP Exams and less time wasted afterwards.

05/29/17 2:42 pm

I don't know why they're doing it here. They claim that less vacation time helps the students retain from one year to the next.

But they also claim they're giving us more breaks during the year, and I haven't seen that pan out!

truspec Texas
05/29/17 8:00 am

Soon people will be graduating who weren't alive when 9/11 happened

05/29/17 8:10 am

Yes. And I fear that MANY of them are not being taught what that day was about and that's why we have so many bleeding hearts toward Islamic terrorism!

Jazzy5 USA
05/29/17 10:42 am

That day, just like Pearl Harbor
Should NEVER, be forgotten.
However, this PC society will try to avoid that day and not remember it as it truly was. Horrific..
Parents must make certain they are not forgotten!

05/29/17 11:17 am

I agree 100%, Jazzy! I've started showing things about it to my granddaughters, also! We grandparents have more time to do things like that than parents! Lol

gow488 Wisconsin
05/29/17 6:44 am

But what if I'm a part of the last graduating class of kids born in the 1900's? 🤔

05/29/17 6:57 am

Some of us will have spent most of our lives in the 20th century, while you will have spent most of your in the 21st!

I wonder from time to time: in a decade or two--which century will people be talking about, when they talk of the turn of the century? It could get very confusing! Lol

bluerum29 optimistic idealist
05/29/17 6:37 am

I better not die at 50.

05/29/17 6:56 am

We're mid 50's and really don't see how hubby can EVER retire. Hoping he can work until he passes away.

bluerum29 optimistic idealist
05/29/17 7:09 am

That's unfortunate, my parents are the same way.

05/29/17 6:29 am

💠 Pic Poll:

Left Pic:

Based on my calculations, I can retire about 5 years after I die.

Right Pic:

Just in case you don't feel old enough, just remember this year is the last graduating class of kids born in the 1900s.