androsopoulos May 29th, 2017 12:35am

Do you have a positive or a negative view of Christianity?

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
05/31/17 12:36 pm

The biggest danger to Christianity is the biblethumpers who prolethyize, then turn around and do the exact thing they're preaching against. And the charlatans who preach the gospel yet beg for money that goes right into their pockets. They give the denomination a bad name. And they're the first to play the victim when an atheist or someone like my mom goes off on them. (She did when she was alive) I had my turn at Planned Parenthood at a protest some had

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
05/31/17 12:38 pm

When they showed pictures of aborted babies. Like that's going to do anything? Show pictures of cancerous lungs and see if you quit smoking.

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
05/31/17 12:41 pm

I'm not saying it is addictive, but if someone is in a terrible situation, or cannot afford it, you cannot change her mind. Unless you want to adopt it

Diogenes FreeMeBe
05/29/17 6:36 am

I am a Christian but have no tolerance for holier than thou Christians. They abound and put less outspoken Christians and the religion as a whole in a negative light. Two cents said.

NKarta Please excuse my sanity
05/29/17 5:14 am

Overall negative, up until 60 years ago the church was responsible for torturing and killing jews. Now they are ok i guess.

Donaldo non binary potato person
05/29/17 2:21 am

Most democrats see chieftains negatively. Why? And I bet they see Islam positively.

gluxford1 Arizona
05/28/17 10:28 pm

I'm a Christian. I think that speaks for itself.

TheSpookyGhost paleoconservative
05/29/17 12:38 am

You pretend to be one anyways.

gluxford1 Arizona
05/29/17 12:40 am

I am one.

TheSpookyGhost paleoconservative
05/29/17 4:11 am

Anyone who practices homosexuality and is not ashamed of it cannot be called a Christian.

Diogenes FreeMeBe
05/29/17 6:38 am

All can be forgiven in the eyes of the Lord. The position of the heart and would matter much more than that of the body.

gluxford1 Arizona
05/29/17 8:52 am

I am gay, and that won't change. I also firmly believe that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior and that He is the only way to salvation. That also will never change.

TheSpookyGhost paleoconservative
05/29/17 12:04 pm

Diogenes, he has to recognize the need to be saved first. Gluxford clearly does not believe that he needs to repent and be forgiven for homosexuality.

Diogenes FreeMeBe
05/29/17 1:08 pm

Ghost, you're focusing too much on the Old Testament. "If two men should lie together, they should be stoned." How do you know Glux (who is saving his virginity) is not chaste in his vows? Jesus' death on the cross guaranteed all sinners passage to Heaven provided they believe in Him and His purpose in man's less spiritual world. Glux has nothing to fear, except the wrath of God.

TheSpookyGhost paleoconservative
05/29/17 2:23 pm

You have to repent for your sins to be granted passage to Heaven. Sure, Jesus died for our sins, but you have to recognize them as sins in order to be truly deserving.

Diogenes FreeMeBe
05/29/17 3:31 pm

Obviously, you are set in your ways and believe the Christian God to be compassionless, brash, and full of spite towards those who have faith in Him and His son. I believe Glux would die a devout Christian than allow himself to be subject under Islam. Is that not proof enough?

TheSpookyGhost paleoconservative
05/29/17 10:24 pm

The greatest danger is not Islam or atheism, or any outside force. The greatest dangers are wolves in sheep hide claiming to be devout but instead corrupting the values that Christianity was built upon. And yes, God is merciless towards even his followers if they act sinfully. Just look at how Adam and Eve were kicked out of the Garden of Eden, left to survive on their own. And don't claim that God has changed since the New Testament. We still suffer the consequences millennias later. We still toil the earth to reap its fruits and snakes still bite at our feet.