ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
05/31/17 9:43 am

Nope. Socializing with people stresses me out. And I'm too lazy to plan crap like that

cornybread The Large Malus Fruit
05/30/17 8:50 am

I hate the inviting and organizing parts, but I LOVE the decorating and making it fun and pretty part. And the part where people come over and enjoy it.

jmw7477 Indiana
05/30/17 4:53 am

No, but my husband does. So I just go with it. I do all the cleaning and organizing for it. He does all the cooking.

smacc DunningKruger
05/29/17 1:54 pm

Yes but parties not just another couple.

tokala
05/29/17 10:09 am

Heck no, I'm an introvert.

CMD1973 Oxford iowa
05/29/17 4:57 am

Not any large parties of more than four persons.

karencarter 45246
05/28/17 10:52 pm

I love the planning aspect but during the actual party I can't seem to relax because i feel like i must be in control of everything

keatonhoyle Richmond, Virginia
05/30/17 4:02 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I totally can't keep it together and hence I never have people over. I can't explain it but i just become a hot mess. I can go over to someone else's place and be totally normal. Some people seem to have a knack for this.

loo Colorado
05/28/17 10:10 pm

I like helping the host at parties. That gives me the opportunity to bring something and visit, yet have a responsibility, especially if the conversation lulls and I need something to do.

Gunfighter06 Iowa, since 1846
05/28/17 10:01 pm

I don't like parties at all, let alone hosting them.

geddy Colorado
05/28/17 7:28 pm

Yes and no. As the host I get to pick the music and activities, but I hate cleaning the house.

Celadonne ballfield
05/28/17 6:09 pm

Not. At. All. Too much stress, having to shop, clean, set up, make sure everything is cold enough, or hot enough, finding music everyone likes. Inevitably I burn something or forget something. I'm never ready by the time it's party time.

Celadonne ballfield
05/28/17 6:11 pm

I think I'd I had a big enough house and deck or patio I'd like it a lot more.

lcamino Florida and Georgia
05/30/17 5:02 am

I can identify with that. I get stressed out, cleaning and cooking, and am never ready.

ConservativeCA Joe Biden is barely alive
05/28/17 5:22 pm

I love parties! It's fun to meet new people and have all your friends together in one place

phalnx Ohio
05/28/17 4:53 pm

I do. We have the right house and yard for it...everyone can freely move around without climbing over each other. It's great to see this place filled up with people having fun :). We're having our traditional Memorial Day Hungarian Bacon Roast tomorrow, and I can't wait!

Zod Above Pugetropolis
05/28/17 4:40 pm

Going to is OK, depending on where it is and what will be going on, but hosting is not my favorite thing. At all.

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
05/28/17 4:14 pm

I enjoy organizing large parties, but not hosting them, at least not alone.

Hosting a small get-together alone is cool though.

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
05/28/17 4:08 pm

Yes because I have a role. I hate ATTENDING parties because I'm the awkward button that doesn't know what to do. But if I host I serve, cook, grill, make drinks, etc.

NexusBlue California
05/28/17 3:22 pm

I said "no" but I really don't know - never done it. My husband doesn't like having people over.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/28/17 3:21 pm

It depends on what you mean by party. If you're talking about a family birthday party or holiday celebration, sure.

If you're talking about a party with alcohol, no, as I don't drink and have never been to a party like that.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/28/17 3:22 pm

๐Ÿ’  Poll Q:

Do you enjoy hosting parties?

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
05/28/17 4:09 pm

Have you ever heard of a movie called Henry Gamble's Birthday Party?

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
05/28/17 4:31 pm

Lol. Twice! I probably should give an explanation for my questions after the questions hahah! It's a movie written by an evangelical about Christianity and modern issues. Obviously it is about a birthday party but it deals with alcoholism, family and sexuality. Your comments about birthday parties and alcohol made me think of it. Just a random ??? haha

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/28/17 4:51 pm

I looked it up and would not be interested in it. I have a big problem with the fact that ALL movies/tv shows show Christians in a negative light. We're either acting like they were in this movie, or priests being pedophiles, or some serial killer that uses Bible verses as justification for his murders.

The ONLY tv show that I can think of in which they portray Christians in a good way is Blue Bloods, a family that goes to church and prays at Sunday dinner every week.

And FYI, my being a Christian is not the only reason I don't drink. In fact, many denominations do drink. My mother became an alcoholic when I was 15, drank only beer, and committed suicide when I was 20, with a shotgun blow to the head, one month before my 2nd child was born. Her father and all her brothers were also alcoholics and one of them committed suicide also.

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
05/28/17 4:58 pm

I can understand that. I like it because not only did it treat everything impartially, but it had great insight. May sound cliche but my Christian friends loved it (they recommended it to me). I thought it treated everything fairly

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/28/17 5:01 pm

I'm surprised at that. Where did you see it?

SHIPPY1944 Tn.