RussianThunder May 27th, 2017 2:11am

Did anyone see the movie "In Our Hands" on Tuesday night? It played at the theatre only one night across the country.

Suzan Hawaii
05/27/17 2:41 am

It is the story of how Jewish soldiers took possession of the old city and retained ownership of the Western Wall. It was very impressive.

My favorite line in the movie: because they were trying to get this soldiers of the wall so they would not be shot. They would not leave the western wall. A miracle the war lasted seven days only. A miracle gaining ownership after 2000 years.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
05/26/17 7:38 pm

I missed it Tuesday night, but because it sold out so many theaters across the country, they are bringing it back for one more night, next Thursday, June 1, at 7 PM Central Time. I won't miss it this time!

RussianThunder Russia and USA
05/26/17 7:59 pm

It's very good. My whole family went to it.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/26/17 8:02 pm

Do you know what chain of theaters that will be in, Tom? We would LOVE to be able to see it, if we can afford it.

Believe it or not, I had never heard of the 6-Day War, or at least I don't remember studying it, and it was within my lifetime!

Hubby explained it to me, and I now know the reasoning I'm going to give the next time someone on SOH questions me when I say that we should ALWAYS stand for Israel! If that's not God's hand of protection on them, I don't know what is! Sounds SO much like the stories in the OT!

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
05/26/17 8:36 pm

Whichever theater shows Fathom Events in your town will have it. If you use Fandango, you can look it up there by your ZIP Code and find the nearest theater showing it. Otherwise, it's a CBN production, so there might be something on the CBN website. There might also be a website like maybe InOurHands.com or InOurHandsMovie.com . ❤️

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
05/26/17 8:46 pm

No. It's not either of those websites. I'll check on Google.
OK - If you'll google "In Our Hands Movie," The top two results will be helpful. If you don't have the Fandango app, the first link will take you to it. If you have a Regal, Edwards, or UnitedArtists cinema, go to the Regal link, which should be listed second.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/26/17 9:00 pm

I tried Fandango (which I've never used before, so I might be doing it wrong.)

I typed in the name of the movie and it's only showing the 23rd. Are you sure that ALL movie theaters that showed it on the 23rd are showing it again, Tom, or might that just be in large cities, or the one near you?

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/26/17 9:04 pm

I don't know about any of those theaters you listed, Tom. We've only been to one movie, "The Passion of the Christ", since we moved here, 15 years ago! Lol

RussianThunder Russia and USA
05/26/17 9:08 pm

If you email Tom your town he can probably help find a theatre near you.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
05/26/17 9:08 pm

It should be all of them. It may be that your local theater does not have enough screens to spare one for a second showing, considering Pirates of the Caribbean and Guardians of the Galaxy are currently packing theaters. If there is a larger city within what you would consider a reasonable distance, enter its ZIP Code and see if the movie is playing there on June 1. To help you in your decision, the movie runs exactly 2 hours, so you would be getting out at 9 PM Central. I don't know if you and your hubby would want to be driving more than, say, a half hour to 45 minutes home from that time. But if you can work it out, I would highly recommend it.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/26/17 10:08 pm

Thanks, Tom! I'll try that! I'm a night owl, and hubby's last day of school was yesterday, so he's just doing church work for most of the summer. He usually does a couple of months of summer school driving, but they've cut it down to 2 WEEKS this year! How can they cram what those kids missed in a semester into 2 weeks?

I would like to ask both you and RT to pray for us about that, also, since I'm mentioning it. His summer checks are usually the largest of the year, because he gets paid for summer school on top of his monthly check for the regular school year, which is divided over 12 months. But without summer school, we're going to be hurting even more financially.

Please pray that God will open the doors for something, either that more drivers will apply for sub positions, so that he can train them, or that God might miraculously open a professorship post at the local community college. It's probably already too late for that, so that's why I say miraculously! Lol

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/26/17 10:10 pm

I went back to the site and looked again. I didn't realize I had to change the date at the top. It IS in my city! Thanks again!

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
05/26/17 11:37 pm

So glad you'll get to see it!
And praying for finances! 🙏

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/26/17 11:40 pm

Thanks, Tom! That's no guarantee we'll be able to see it. Still have to wait until hubby's check comes in on the last day of this month to see how much it is. It can swing several hundred dollars each month, depending on what work he was able to do, i.e field trips, training drivers, etc. We never know until we get it.

Thanks for the prayers for finances!

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
05/26/17 11:40 pm

Warning: Fathom Events can run as much as $15-$20/ticket. Call in advance for pricing.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/26/17 11:41 pm

Oh, man, I KNOW we can't afford that much. What is a fathom event?

RussianThunder Russia and USA
05/27/17 6:47 am

We only paid 12.50 for our tickets. It was worth it though.