DerekWills May 26th, 2017 1:15pm

In a huge 2nd Amendment victory, LSGR was successfully able to get our bill to pass the Senate with just 2 hours to spare. Once signed, there will be no such thing as an "illegal knife" in the State of Texas. Do you agree with this bill?

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
05/26/17 8:14 pm

It's fantastic, Derek! But let's warn Texans not to strap on their Bowie knives until it takes effect on September 1, 2017!
Great job, LSGR leadership and fellow members! Press on for Constitutional Carry!

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
05/27/17 6:03 am

We are planning a BYOB event at the Alamo September 1.... Bring Your Own Bowie!! Finally the Bowie knife will be legal in Texas!

PointB Libertarian Centrist
05/26/17 3:31 pm

Celebrate by getting a pike and dressing up like a Roman and go around cornering Christians.

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
05/26/17 12:57 pm

They got legalized last session. Now Bowie knives, swords, spears, and any knife over 5.5" is legal.

mfjd1948 rural johnson co iowa
05/26/17 10:18 am

It is comforting to know that in Texas if someone disagrees with you saber can be drawn to settle the argument.

Luftwaffe South of Heaven
05/26/17 10:58 am

Really? Is this how pathetic Liberals have gotten in their arguments? Anyone who has any experience with sabers knows this is one of the stupidest reasons to be opposed to this law.

corino Utah
05/26/17 9:35 pm

This is Texas. Why would draw a sword when there's 10 to 1 odds the guy who offends you has a .38?

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
05/26/17 9:52 am

Well... I didn't know there was illegal knives... I thought they did away with that years ago.

croopertrooper Greater Cincinnati Area
05/26/17 9:26 am

Yes, I agree. What the hell is an "illegal knife"? A Sword? Am I going to have to start passing background checks at the Renaissance Fair when I buy a replica sword? Absolutely ridiculous that this even had to be put in a bill.

Good work for you Derek. It seems like a lot of people on SOH bitch about their area and government, while you seem like one of the few people who I see regularly on here actually talking about the actions they're taking rather than just complaining.

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
05/26/17 9:41 am

Thanks Troop! If people only knew how bad it is, they'd do a lot more than just bitch..... because it's baaaaad.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
05/26/17 8:19 pm

Derek works hard for 2A and other rights! 👍🌟🏆🎉😎

RyanUnited Be the Change
05/26/17 9:20 am

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't there certain laws under the Geneva Convention that create "illegal knives" and or other similar weapons, such as swords. Or is that just for chemical weapons?

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
05/26/17 9:41 am

That's just chemical weapons to my knowledge...

RyanUnited Be the Change
05/26/17 10:17 am

I think I probably heard this first on Pawn stars which is where I was sent after looking on different forums about three sided knives.

"The Geneva Conventions banned three-sided blades in warfare because the wounds they cause encourage infection and are difficult to sew close."

But others on the forums said it could be in The Hague Convention instead of the Geneva Convention even though I didn't find much about The Hague. But more broadly I guess the Geneva Convention could cover the legality under weapons meant to cause unnecessary pain.

Liberty 4,032,064
05/26/17 6:20 am

Of course. The concept of an "illegal knife" is just flat out unintelligent.

NKarta Please excuse my sanity
05/26/17 6:15 am

Can you move to Maryland? We need serious help here.

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
05/26/17 6:42 am

Texas still needs help, but we won't stop until all 50 States have Constitutional Carry... including knife rights.