FieryFury May 25th, 2017 9:31pm

What is the oldest heirloom you have? Please respond in comments

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
05/26/17 4:47 pm

I'm honestly not sure, but they both came from the same person, my paternal great-grandfather. (I don't believe I have anything older.)

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
05/26/17 4:48 pm

I probably did before I sold my house and moved though.

NKarta Please excuse my sanity
05/25/17 4:46 pm

Not many heirloons in my family. The holocaust took care of that. Actually, we do have some family silver that was buried under the floorboards and not found by the Nazis were the Ukrainian peasants during the Holocaust. However, since my grandfather gave up on ever finding it, when it was actually found a few years ago it was agreed upon that my part of the family would not get any. It would've been cool to have some, but I do think that that is unfortunately fair.

Iamamerican California
05/25/17 3:16 pm

I have an old chain coin purse that belonged to my great grandmother.

RagingMystic covfefe
05/25/17 2:47 pm

I have my great great grandfathers German Lutheran bible from when the lutherans left Europe.

FieryFury America
05/25/17 3:11 pm

Cool. Do u know what year it's from?

RagingMystic covfefe
05/25/17 3:26 pm

I do not, unfortunately. I can check more thoroughly when I get home

FieryFury America
05/25/17 4:12 pm

I'm always interested in those types of facts. I find it really cool!

FieryFury America
05/25/17 2:36 pm

The oldest heirloom I have isn't worth anything but means a lot to me. My grandma, about a month before she passed away, gave me her very first toy she received as a child.

It was a tin coffee maker thing with a spout (actually works so she said) and it has a picture of a cat on it.

My grandma was born in 1910 and this toy was from 1914. My grandma died in 2012 at the age of 102. She was my best friend and I could talk to her about anything. Her mind was still very sharp even up til 2 days before she passed away.

Her friendship and the time she spent with me is the greatest gift of all.