Aezreux May 25th, 2017 5:31am

Quran 8:12 - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them." After reading this Quran verse, is Islam a terrorist religion?

liam2013 iowa
05/25/17 10:09 am

You need to read some old testament passages first before you can make such a bias statement.

Yessy French Texan
05/25/17 10:04 am

Terrorist religion not necessarily. Currently violent and out of control , definitely

suppressedID IMEACH BIDEN
05/25/17 6:36 am

"Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
05/25/17 5:56 am

You can take a sentence out of any book to try to assert that the purpose of a certain book is anything. I could take a single sentence out of the Catcher and the Rye and say that the book encourages young people to smoke a pack a day and sleep with prostitutes. That doesn't mean that's what the book is about.

On another note, the word ูƒูุฑูˆู† doesn't mean infidel, like many translates suggest. It literally means "those who cover." It's not talking about anyone who says, "hey, I think this religion isn't for me." In the historical, literary, and linguistic context, this word is describing a specific group of people, the people who were waging war against the Muslims.

Desensitized
05/25/17 5:19 am

Thats not terrorism. Terrorism is against civilians. This is against a group of nonbelievers.

HammeringMan Gods Away On Business
05/25/17 5:31 am

Are you a non believer.
My neighbor is a non believer.

Desensitized
05/25/17 5:33 am

We are all non bekievers, even many muslims. In a democracy you declare war on the people. War is not terrorism. We have a military.

krayzewolf New Hampshire
05/25/17 4:04 am

If the religion is connected to Abraham, then it is rooted in violence. Religions with violent fundamentals will produce violent fundamentalists.

susanr Colorado
05/24/17 10:51 pm

That quote must be put into historical context before the question can be answered. It is unfair to judge the religion based on quotes taken out of context, just as it would be unfair to do the same with Christianity.

HammeringMan Gods Away On Business
05/25/17 5:35 am

That is a fair statement.
However there are christians who strongly advocate the validity of Levitical health laws. They will try to turn you into a vegan.
There are Muslims who strongly believe in Sharia Law and they will try to cut off people's heads, hands and fingers based on that belief.