fracy May 25th, 2017 2:59am

Do you remember your first alcoholic drink?

CMD1973 Oxford iowa
05/29/17 6:14 am

No. It was when I was a youngster. Wine was commonly drunk at the main meals when I was growing up. My elders would give us juice or a diluted or weak wine about the age of 8 or 9. By the time I was a teenager I would have an occasional glass with meals. I have never been drunk.

FemmeNemmy meninism awareness
05/25/17 12:56 pm

I had vodka in a Sierra Mist while studying for a Chemistry project in 10th grade. I thought I was so naughty.

jenkp223 Being a mommy
05/25/17 12:52 pm

I don't actually remember. It might have been jungle juice. I don't think Jell-O shots count as a drink.

ishady 86451132020
05/25/17 12:45 pm

A bottle of jack Daniels. I regretted that hours later.

Korosensei Maine
05/25/17 8:21 am

At my 21st birthday party a margarita at Texas Roadhouse

mtdewbob Arizona
05/25/17 7:45 am

Yes and actually no😳 I was three years old and I snuck behind my dad's chair and started drinking his bottle of beer. I've heard the story thousand times of mom getting really mad at dad and half of his bottle of beer being gone by the time they caught me.

anniepoops fear the deer
05/25/17 5:17 am

Mikes hard lemonade 👎🏾

TheSpookyGhost paleoconservative
05/25/17 4:13 am

38% of <21 year olds have been drinking alcohol illegally.

lendluke iowa
05/25/17 8:56 am

Not necessarily, my first appreciable amount of alcohol was at home with my parents consent which is allowed in my state and a majority of others.

Kimbobee the middle of nowhere
05/25/17 4:11 am

My first alcoholic drink was a Palm Breeze while tubing down the river last year (22 years old).

outlaw393 Former Christian
05/25/17 1:03 am

Drank beer the first time when I was 10

Mavericks Bermuda Triangle
05/25/17 12:08 am

Bud light, if that even counts when I was like 12.

ConservativeCA Joe Biden is barely alive
05/24/17 10:47 pm

My girlfriend at the time brought a bottle of Orange infused vodka to my house and we took shots with some of our friends

LeftLibertarian The Age of Outrage
05/24/17 10:17 pm

I remember plenty of drinks but not one that sticks out as my first

4boot LaTrineodeur, MN
05/24/17 9:47 pm

About age 4, dad let me sip some beer...I liked it! Now I rarely drink it...

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
05/24/17 9:03 pm

Actual drink that I ordered/bought... I was 21 & at dinner with my mom, we ordered virgin strawberry daiquiris, but the ones we were served were not virgin. First time that I knowingly did so, I bought a wine cooler when I was 22.

First time I ever had alcohol...not a clue...growing up, I was often sick with various things that made sleep difficult & when I was sick like that my folks would some times give me JD as cough medicine at night.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
05/24/17 8:53 pm

A shot of Austrian 120 proof straw rum as home remedy for a cold with a fewer age 9.
It DID make me feel warmer.

Cole12 ...
05/25/17 3:58 am

Damn, you were a tough 9 year old. I know adults who wouldn't be able to get that stuff down.

stickman46 NJ
05/24/17 8:06 pm

But a better question is did you buy you first alcoholic beverage?

SticksandStones Stop fearmongering
05/24/17 8:06 pm

I haven't drank, nor do I plan to.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/24/17 10:45 pm

Same here and I'm in my 50's. May I ask what your tag line means?

SticksandStones Stop fearmongering
05/24/17 11:19 pm

Oh wow! I'm still only 18, so I have a long way to go before me saying I haven't ever drank means anything, haha.

And sure. I'm disgusted by the constant sexualization that surrounds us and not only how common sex is, but it's "importance" and how people feel the need to belittle me because of not only my views on it, but also my decision not to engage in a similar lifestyle.

Basically I'm an uptight killjoy, haha.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/24/17 11:35 pm

Very interesting. Are you a person of faith, and that comes into play for both the drinking and the sex? Or have you just made those decisions without faith?

My mom was an alcoholic (for 5 years--on beer only) that committed suicide when I was 20, one month before my 2nd child was born.

Hubby and I were both virgins on our wedding night, and I can tell you that it was VERY special! The wait and the anticipation make it so! Lol There is something SO special about knowing that the other person has saved themselves for you, and it's a WONDERFUL gift to be able to give to them!

SticksandStones Stop fearmongering
05/24/17 11:44 pm

I'm a pretty devout Catholic, so it definitely plays a role in my decisions, but I think I'd still be against alcohol, drugs, and sex if I wasn't religious. I've seen some of the "fun" people have due to that stuff and it's not for me.

And I'm really sorry to hear that! I can't imagine what that must have been like. Both of my grandfather's were alcoholics, but they died when I was very young, so I never really got close to them.

As for finding someone with similar values as you, you're extremely lucky! I've been handed rejection after rejection because of the fact that I won't have sex until marriage (the last one was two days ago, still recovering, haha). I hope to get as lucky as you and your husband did someday!

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/24/17 11:52 pm

That's great about being a devout Catholic and also that you would make the same choices. I was that way, also. I was a good girl, even before I accepted Jesus at 15 and became a Christian. Lol

So you've dealt with the same thing my kids have--not having a grandparent because of alcohol abuse? Or did they die of something else? My dad passed away 3 years later of congestive heart failure, but I've always believed he died of a broken heart. So I didn't have either parent after age 23, and it was very hard on me. I always wanted to brag to my parents about what cool thing my kids were doing, and ask them if I did something that my kids were currently doing when I was their age. Has it been hard on your parent(s)?

More..

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/24/17 11:53 pm

Part 2. I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time. I don't know if you're male or female, so I don't know whether to ask if this is also happening with girls or boys from your church? You can't find any virgins there?

I would say to pray God's will about this--he can lay it on the heart of just the right person. It might take years to find them, but it's well worth the wait! Don't give up!

SticksandStones Stop fearmongering
05/25/17 1:59 am

The deaths of my grandfathers were both, strangely enough, from heart attacks. I'm sure the alcoholism didn't help though. As for the effect it had on my parents, I'm not sure. They've both had rough lives besides the deaths of their fathers and although I have a good relationship with them, I find it hard to be open with them and vice versa is true too, it seems.

I'm a male. And I was loosely raised Catholic, but my parents stopped taking me to church around the time I was about 11 or 12. I didn't start attending church again until I turned 18 which is now almost a year ago, so I don't have a church I'm technically a part of, besides the one at my university I suppose. I also have zero self esteem and self confidence, so talking to people I don't know isn't my strong suit. It's something I'm working on though.

But thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate them!

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/25/17 2:10 am

I'm sorry to hear about the heart attacks. With your having that on both sides of your family, I'm sure your parents have talked to you about the importance of staying on top of your heart health in the coming years. My kids' grandfathers both had heart conditions & these things can be hereditary. We were just in the last week talking to one son, who drinks energy drinks. He had a 35 yo co worker with an underlying heart condition drop dead on the job after drinking a Monster.

I'm also sorry to hear about your parents having a rough time. We've had some difficult times also and have been under a lot of stress for a lot of years! Lol Since you're not able to be open with your parents, if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm just a message away. I'm an empty nester of 4 grown kids, & miss them, so I have time on my hands if you want to talk, since we have a lot in common, even though I'm a lot older. What denomination is your church on campus?
You're welcome! I'm enjoying talking!

SticksandStones Stop fearmongering
05/25/17 2:28 am

Yah, my parents talked to me about heart health as well as avoiding alcohol and being aware about diabetes, since that also runs in the family. And that's terrible about the coworker! I've stayed away from energy drinks, but mostly because I tried one once and didn't like the taste.

And thank you very much! Due to me never being open with my parents, I've learned to cope and mull over my emotions on my own, but if that doesn't work, I'll take you up on that offer, it's much appreciated!

Well there are a lot of denominations and religions that all are in one multifaith chapel at my school, but they have a Catholic community so I attend those masses.

I'm starting to hear the birds sing here though, which means I've stayed up much too late, haha.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/25/17 2:31 am

You're welcome! Have a good night's rest! I REALLY enjoyed the convo with a kindred spirit!

SticksandStones Stop fearmongering
05/25/17 12:06 pm

I did as well! Also I just realized that for some reason, I wasn't following you yet. I made sure to change that!

fracy A deeper shade of blue.
05/24/17 8:00 pm

I turned 21 almost a year ago and it was a blueberry mojito. :)

fracy A deeper shade of blue.
05/24/17 8:00 pm

I never touched one before my birthday because I'm incredibly lame.