InsideScoop May 25th, 2017 1:39am

Our VC investigation has turned up some troubling information. We have discovered that CollinMatthew, is running an information gathering operation out of VC. He uses various tricks and cons to get people to give up their IP address. Is VC a scam?

Neighinator Ohio
05/25/17 5:46 am

Just like you should be deep in a book called; "Grammar! For Dummies!"

Neighinator Ohio
05/25/17 1:04 pm

Even when I point out bad grammar, you repeat the mistake. Was it meant to be ironic, or are you just that dumb? Yes I know I'm off topic, but the grammar police reigns supreme.

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
05/24/17 6:43 pm

If this is true, then he needs to be stopped & VC shut down! @political -thoughts?

@jaysin586 & @caleb - have you had reports of this?

@susanr - have you seen reports of this?

buffalozulu New Adventures
05/24/17 6:45 pm

It's not true... what is true is that the speaker has access to your ip when you vote on surveymonkey. Don't believe everything you read

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
05/24/17 6:49 pm

I know about the survey monkey thing, but they could be doing this & I honestly hadn't thought of it before. Regardless, I am no longer active or voting in VC.

CoffeeNow Powderpuff Leftist
05/24/17 6:55 pm

What's he going to do with your IP?

buffalozulu New Adventures
05/24/17 6:56 pm

Nothing... plus I'm pretty sure he doesn't have access

MrAmerica Peaceful protestor
05/24/17 6:59 pm

BamaGirl. This is fake news.

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
05/24/17 7:04 pm

MrA... i'm not saying it's fake or real my only thought is I hadn't considered the fact that he has access to everyone's IP address when they vote & what that could potentially mean.

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
05/24/17 7:04 pm

& i'm not saying that he or anybody else in VCU would but here are a few things that can be done

www.quora.com/What-can-a-hacker-do-with-an-IP-address

buffalozulu New Adventures
05/24/17 7:07 pm

InsideScoop is on ignore from here on out

MrAmerica Peaceful protestor
05/24/17 7:08 pm

BamaGirl, I am well aware of those things but, don't think the Collin would have done something to someone by now? He was elected speaker two years ago.

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
05/24/17 7:11 pm

Like I said I'm not saying that he has or even plans to do anything with the information... it just hadn't occurred to me to me how foolish it is to give up my IP address to someone that I don't know and don't really trust.

susanr Colorado
05/24/17 8:31 pm

BamaGirl - I haven't paid too much attention. I heard something about IP addresses being required to vote because of the issues with people voting multiple times with different accounts. (I don't know that requiring IP addresses would prevent voting abuse, though.)

I don't pay much attention because I'm not interested in the VC personally. I don't know how involved SOH should get, since it's a side product, not really part of SOH (or is it?), but I find it weird and kind of annoying that purported issues within the VC keep being brought into polls in SOH, either in regular user polls or in these endless, confusing, and often seemingly contentious-within-themselves "news" and "scoop" accounts' polls. Many of those accounts seem contentious and seem to violate SOH rules themselves, "reporting" on various issues within the VC that most of us don't even see because it happens elsewhere. Does this stuff even belong in SOH polls?

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
05/24/17 8:57 pm

Susan, the only reasons that I thought SOH might should be aware is because of them promoting them a few months ago & also, the potential TOS violations.

As for the IP addresses, my understanding is that they started requiring your username, so they could link it to the IP address when voting, because others were voting multiple times.

susanr Colorado
05/24/17 9:00 pm

I just get annoyed by all the "scoops" and "news" that seems little more than rumor-level stuff, and often seems contradictory between "news" and "scoop" accounts at odds with each other... How is anyone supposed to know which ones are "legitimate," of if there is any such thing?

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
05/24/17 9:10 pm

I hear you, Susan. The idea of this one just freaked me out a bit & I did see that they launched a new website today, so if this is accurate, it could be an issue & SOH needs to know to at least not promote the VC polls again.

I only tagged you, because I know that you don't follow this stuff (& honestly, I have stopped myself) & I was curious if you had heard anyone concerned about this. 🙂

MrAmerica Peaceful protestor
05/25/17 6:51 am

VirtualCongress speaker CajunTrooper said that the VCBreakingNews account is the only "legitimate" news account.

CoffeeNow Powderpuff Leftist
05/25/17 6:57 am

This is why we can't have nice things

MrAmerica Peaceful protestor
05/25/17 11:01 am

What are you even saying? I am talking to Susanr.