mtdewbob May 25th, 2017 1:19am

Do you suppose if you were a federal employee and sometime during your service you signed a SF312 Classified Information Nondisclosure Agreement form (Security Clarence with the federal government) you probably remember doing so?

corino Utah
05/25/17 7:18 am

It says something like in accordance with federal blah blah blah blah - you can go to jail forever! How can you not remember signing?

Add to that if you are a contractor you get training with the form that says in accordance with fedral blah blah blah you could go to jail forever! and all your friends at work could loose their job forever! And you can make your family a target for spies and terrorists! And you will seriously hurt your country!

corino Utah
05/25/17 7:19 am

And the training is required annually​!

corino Utah
05/25/17 10:51 pm

Annual cyber awareness challenge. Some government office decided it would be easier to remember if they made a video game oit of the briefing that lasted 20 minutes.

krazyjoe Chicago
05/24/17 9:22 pm

Yet she is not in jail. America was built upon equal treatment by the law. If my non connected ass did what she did with just one email I would be in federal prison commenting on SOH

Harry3603 Tampa Bay Florida.
05/24/17 9:05 pm

I do remember, but Hillary's Alzheimer's probably handicapped her.

MyRedSkirt Cali
05/24/17 8:10 pm

Actually, no. I only remember my security debriefing. Oops. 🤔😮

mtdewbob Arizona
05/25/17 5:07 am

This security Clarence document would be probably the most important document that anyone in the federal government would sign during your career. It gives you your security Clarence without it you cannot do your job in a secure environment. Anyone signing this document would know exactly when that signing took place.

NKarta Please excuse my sanity
05/24/17 7:54 pm

I'm not in the military, but I'm pretty sure I would remember that

HammeringMan Gods Away On Business
05/24/17 7:30 pm

Remember when, where, and why. Not because it is the only thing I have ever done, but because I took its completion seriously.

mtdewbob Arizona
05/25/17 5:11 am

It's the singly most important document that anyone will sign and gives them their security Clarence. The controlling officer at the time of the signing should explain the importance of this document and the measures against an individual if they go against the document any time during their career. Both times I signed my document the controlling officer not only explained the document but also read from the document then asked me do I totally understood the implications of signing this document. The government does not take this document lightly and should not.

HammeringMan Gods Away On Business
05/25/17 5:28 am

Agree
Anyone believe signing is not memorable.

DunkinFrunk Austin area, Texas
05/24/17 7:11 pm

I remember signing all of mine.

jlong105 Indiana
05/24/17 6:50 pm

I have signed it a few times.

corino Utah
05/24/17 6:35 pm

It's a pretty scary form.

mtdewbob Arizona
05/25/17 5:20 am

That's for damn sure. When the document was explained to me and what may happen if I break the document I think I turned a little pale.

mtdewbob Arizona
05/24/17 6:27 pm

As someone who signed this form in 1982 and then again in 1989 I remember doing so both times. It baffles me how a person could not know or understand or remember the signing of this form. Also I understand that the form was upgraded of 2013 to a newer document for whatever reason I can only speculate.