devspi May 24th, 2017 9:33pm

I'm working on starting a non-profit organization. Any support would be greatly appreciated. More in the comments. Also if you're going to be nasty, I don't want to hear it.

devspi Liberal Republican
05/24/17 6:19 pm

The nonprofit, Back to the People, will focus on helping those who need it most through food drives, clothing drives, school supply hand outs etc. it aims to help those who are struggling with finances. I've started a go fund me page for anyone who is interested in donating.
gofundme.com/back-to-the-people

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/24/17 6:45 pm

Just went to the page and watched the video. It looks great! Would you like to hear a suggestion that I would make?

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/25/17 3:01 am

You look really young. Forgive me if you're not. I have a son in his 30's that still looks really young and resents people assuming he is! Lol

But if you are young, I would say something about that you're a student or something to that effect to let people know why you can't raise the first $500 on your own. If you are really young that might impress them even more that you're trying to do something like this at a young age.

I don't know how gofundme works, but since you are young, if there is a way to add references that people could check, that might make them more secure in giving to someone that looks so young, also.

Just some ideas. Take them or leave them! Lol

devspi Liberal Republican
05/26/17 5:20 pm

Thank you for the suggestions. I am going, only 18 and just graduated from High school.

devspi Liberal Republican
05/26/17 5:20 pm

Young not going

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/26/17 5:28 pm

Congrats! What are your future plans?

elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
05/24/17 6:06 pm

First thing, get this book: amzn.to/2rj3nrS

Check out at least some of these sites: bit.ly/2rj3zaA

elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
05/24/17 6:13 pm

Happen to have these at the ready because we are also considering starting a nonprofit.

We personally know two families with kids who are struggling with emotional/psychological/mental health issues & not getting all the help they need/require... some of which is mandated Assistance state/federal support. Also know veterans who need more help than they are getting that we *thought* was supposed to be available through state &/or federal.

We are looking into researching & creating publications & other resources so families in such situations are not "reinventing the wheel" to find help that is supposed to be available... but which no one seems particularly interested in laying out in any useful manner.

Not sure yet if it is something we can do, but doing preliminary research ourselves.

devspi Liberal Republican
05/24/17 6:20 pm

Thanks for the input.
I would love to help you if you need it in starting your own

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/24/17 2:37 pm

💠 Poll Q:

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/24/17 2:37 pm

Answers are:

Support
Reading

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/24/17 2:36 pm

Is this the second poll you've done about this today? I tried to tap on the link in the other one, but it wouldn't take me there, and there is no link on this one.

devspi Liberal Republican
05/24/17 6:20 pm

It is. I closed the first one due to the immediate outpouring of nasty comments

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/24/17 6:40 pm

Oh my word! What could they have to say about your helping people out of the goodness of your heart?

I wish I could help, but we're very low income ourselves, even though hubby has a Master's degree and works two jobs, up to 80 hour weeks, because one of those jobs is ministry, and we have 12 chronic health conditions.

I'll pray for you, though!

musicotic Michigan
05/24/17 2:36 pm

Exactly my question

devspi Liberal Republican
05/24/17 6:20 pm

I typed it up above. Sorry for the delay, bad internet connection