goalie31 OrthodoxCatholicChristian
05/29/17 8:17 am

As a Catholic I support/respect the position of Pope. I don't like Pope Francis or his less than Catholic socialist views

jrpacman Pensum iocus est
05/26/17 11:12 am

I'm not a fan of the Catholic Church

Cal14 New Hampshire
05/26/17 10:57 am

He is honestly more Christian than previous popes in my opinion. There are conservatives in the comment section here are calling him a "liberal nut-job" or some variant of that but is Christianity not fundamentally based around social-liberalism, socialism, and collectivism? Or put more simply, every stance that a *Progressive-Wing* Democrat or Green would have? Let us put it this way, if Jesus was a politician, is it more likely that he would vote to repeal the ACA and defund public education or fight for single-payer healthcare and reforming Common Core for the better?

goalie31 OrthodoxCatholicChristian
05/29/17 8:15 am

Jesus supported charity.there is no virtue in being forced to do something.

Jesus never once forced anyone to give to the poor. He implored people to give/aid them. Which is a conservative POV

patriot321
05/26/17 8:30 am

Most democrats are not Catholics. They love that liberal hack because he's a far left nut job.

Annabelle41 Michigan
05/25/17 9:39 pm

I'm a devout Catholic but I am leaning towards not a fan because he's expressed too many political views into his leadership which I don't believe should be in the Catholic Church.

roberbaran
05/26/17 6:37 am

You don't like THIS Pope because he expresses too many political views? Who was the last Pope you liked? Paul I? Oh, wait, that dude was tots mad down on the Roman Emperors, so maybe he was too political, too. ๐Ÿ™‚

rukidding Colorado
05/25/17 6:20 pm

He's not God. I have nothing against him, but he's not my fan. My dad is 93 and was a preacher and missionary. Now he's my fan!!! An ordinary man who expected no glory.

thaywth
05/25/17 9:34 am

I'm not Catholic, but I am Christian. He is clearly a holy man, so I have no complaints. Support! ๐Ÿ‘

Luftwaffe South of Heaven
05/25/17 8:02 am

I'm mixed about it, on one hand he should be a lot more militant and traditonalist, and on the other hand he's not the progessive libreal Democrats make him out to be. Future Popes should be Itlalian or at least European, but overall, I'd say while this pope isn't my favorite, he certaintly isn't as bad as others make him out to be.

sweetnes34 Outta Phucks
05/25/17 2:23 pm

Why should they be European only? The Catholic Church decided they needed to "spread their word" around the world for centuries, why shouldn't other locations be allowed to reach their highest office?

Luftwaffe South of Heaven
05/26/17 6:49 pm

Europeans make for the best popes, also Ethnic-Religious lines have a major impact on the church's decsions.

arecnation
05/25/17 7:53 am

Why is it that if he has different political beliefs than you, he is bad? That's why we have so many damn problems in politics today..... get over yourselves democrat and republican and just look at a person like a fucking person, not "oh they're liberal" or "they're conservative". They are a person with differing beliefs, not an alien from Uranus

sweetnes34 Outta Phucks
05/25/17 2:25 pm

You're correct. He's quite conservative on a lot of issues and rather progressive on some. He's not calling for the crusades to restart or to punish sinners (beyond 3 Hail Mary's & saying the rosary 10 times)
I respect him for his arch of views

YAB Kentucky
05/25/17 7:42 am

I guarantee no one has enough logical information about the pope to dislike him. You dislike him because you know that he doesn't like Trump

tidford My little piece of heaven
05/25/17 6:04 am

No - I don't dislike him, but "fan" implies I'm exited about him. I'm not.
I'm not Catholic (although married a Catholic) so he is relevant to me only as another overly influential celebrity - sort of like a respectable Kardashian in a funny hat.

arecnation
05/25/17 7:51 am

That man is God's representative on earth for the largest Christian denomination in the world..... please don't compare St. Peter's successor to the kardashians

Trent0304
05/25/17 5:59 am

I'm indifferent. I don't care who the pope is.

Louderthebetter
05/24/17 10:10 pm

Love love! Jesuit, progressive, realistic about his church's future! I suspect a lot of you WASP's out there voted no. Gimme a break, he's not gonna chase ya down the street with his statue of the Virgin Mary and clock ya on the head with some rosary beads. Relax๐Ÿ™๐Ÿปhave faith๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

kanji401 SoCal
05/24/17 10:16 pm

I'm a WASP and I voted yes as I'm sure many others did. Maybe you need to keep an open mind about those who are a different religion than you.

Louderthebetter
05/24/17 10:19 pm

Hurray and no worries on that, I'm totally open-Glad to see a Protestant say๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผto the pope. IMO. Best pope in years.

Schiltz ILLINOIS
05/24/17 9:27 pm

Wtf why did democrats vote yes and republicans no? Democrats are so anticatholic.

kanji401 SoCal
05/24/17 10:14 pm

He's a good man with progressive ideals. Maybe you should stop stereotyping demographics.

Louderthebetter
05/24/17 10:20 pm

Nice comment, jumped in before being thorough. My bad.

TiredofIt Texas
05/25/17 5:19 am

Schlitz, they like him because he keeps trying to make it look like he's changing Church doctrine to what they like: open borders, shutting down the economy in the name of climate change, making it sound like homosexuality, divorce, and cohabitation are ok in the Church's eyes. Those kinds of things. Luckily he's not actually changing anything of substance, but the left doesn't care about that, it's all about feelings anyway.

Schiltz ILLINOIS
05/25/17 5:47 am

Tiredoflt that makes sense I guess

Louderthebetter
05/25/17 9:51 am

When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. Progress is inevitable.

Louderthebetter
05/25/17 10:19 am

Development of an individual or society in a direction considered more beneficial than the previous level. Forward movement.

TiredofIt Texas
05/25/17 10:26 am

One does not need to be a liberal to achieve progress. John Paul II made a ton of progress but I'm guessing you don't see it that way.

Louderthebetter
05/25/17 10:36 am

First, loved JP2! Second, why are you ASSUMING liberal? There's a huge difference between being progressive and being "liberal".

Louderthebetter
05/25/17 10:37 am

The question was about the current pope.

TiredofIt Texas
05/25/17 10:39 am

Not in 2017 there isn't. But I'm glad you likes JP2. Me too! He brought a lot of progress to the church but to assume that Francis is only bringing progress by advocating shutting down our economy to fight some mythical climate change and that even though the Vatican has a huge wall all the way around it, no one else in the world should be able erect anything similar is pretty liberal as it agrees with everything they agree with. He hasn't, and won't, but if he did change Church teaching on any major issues, that would not be good progress because it would not be beneficial and actually would hurt their credibility and any authority they have on any issue.

Louderthebetter
05/27/17 10:28 am

That's an irresponsible an inaccurate statement, I'm both! A lot of jesuits are extremely open minded, kind and caring people. Compassionate and beyond.

Louderthebetter
05/27/17 10:30 am

These comments are for Schlitz, hey man did you know that the jesuits are/were the original educators?

TiredofIt Texas
05/27/17 10:39 am

Lol. "Irresponsible and inaccurate". Calm down bub. The Catholic Church will continue to have good and bad popes. Francis just happens to not be 1 of the good popes. Maybe he's not so bad, but he could be much better. Luckily, the Church is resilient against the kind of change the popular culture wants and even he does have the power or authority to make it "fall in line" with what society expects of us.

rambo088 kansas
05/24/17 8:50 pm

He gets misquoted and misinterpreted constantly, funny, just like the bible

Yessy French Texan
05/24/17 8:20 pm

I'm Christian, and I don't have a positive opinion of the Pope. I rather have a more traditional Pope! This one is easily manipulated. For me personally , I don't see him as leader of the Church, just a figurehead. I do admire how he tries to have more contact with others but he doesn't defend our religions values and serves more as a religious puppet. And even though I'm from SouthA, I really prefer the previous Pope

bubba2526 New Jersey
05/24/17 8:11 pm

Even as an atheist I am a fan of him. We may not agree on the existence of a god and what happens when you die but I still like and respect him tremendously

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
05/24/17 7:59 pm

Not as long as he continues to be deceived by climate change fanatics.

ShawPPM1214 Washington
05/24/17 7:43 pm

He isn't a bad guy. He's just to political.

TenFeetHigher neo monarchist
05/24/17 7:16 pm

The true definition of a cuckold

think4yourself Not a safe space
05/24/17 6:56 pm

No. He is too interested in sacrificing the innocent on the alter of political correctness.

BossHogg Kentucky
05/24/17 6:48 pm

Too political

ViperVenom88
05/24/17 6:42 pm

No, I'm not religious.
Surprising how many atheists are fans of him though.

CudOfCow Oregon
05/24/17 8:54 pm

People think he is accepting and validating of other lifestyles.

Brandon2018 Stocks Are Overvalued
05/24/17 6:10 pm

I have very mixed feelings. I like his social acceptiveness and I respect his position in the catholic church, but he is a socialist. So... i guess for the most part, positive?

bnnt Los Angeles
05/24/17 5:48 pm

On the fence, not a fan of his socialists ideals/roots. If the world went that route, as he promotes, the world would look like backwards Latin America - where they think socialism regimes have endless funds and the government can take care of everybody, even run businesses efficiently than the private market. It doesn't work. It makes everybody equally poor - except those running government.

But I like his ideas of kindness and tolerance. Just don't forcefully steal somebody's earnings and give it to someone else. "Thou shall not steal" should apply to government as well.

LegionOfTruth Deport Islam 2017
05/24/17 5:21 pm

This globalist scumbag should be tried for treason against the White race.

JMG Raleigh, NC
05/24/17 6:58 pm

OK Then....

TiredofIt Texas
05/25/17 5:23 am

lol I know he's trolling but it's funny bc the guy is Hispanic. He's from Argentina.

LegionOfTruth Deport Islam 2017
05/25/17 5:34 am

Argentina is Majority White and the pope is White as well. However his policies he had Coates for have harmed Europeans safety from Islam and other invading 3rd worlders greatly.

LegionOfTruth Deport Islam 2017
05/25/17 5:36 am

Autocorrect: Policies he advocates for*

TiredofIt Texas
05/25/17 5:39 am

I guess it depends on how you define White. I don't define Hispanics as White. I lived in LA long enough to know the difference.

LegionOfTruth Deport Islam 2017
05/25/17 5:44 am

Obviously the What matters is their genetic origin. Someone 100% European living in South or Central America is still White. When we use the term Hispanic we are typically referring to Native A. Hybrids with considerable impurities and browning of the skin among other primitive traits. The fast majority of those invading the US have those impurities you speak of and we should not be letting them in. The Pope while a terrible person, likely has maintained his genetic purity.

TiredofIt Texas
05/25/17 5:47 am

Lmao! Whatever you say man.

LegionOfTruth Deport Islam 2017
05/25/17 5:49 am

Obviously you pathetic sarcasm is noted. Argentina was one of the top countries for White Germans to flee after WW2. Clearly if they do not mix with the brown indigenous their children will still be just as pure as before.

DiQuellaPira
05/24/17 5:21 pm

Jesuit-Communist-Scumbag

Republocrat Washington State
05/24/17 4:59 pm

Greatest Pope in ages!!!

LegionOfTruth Deport Islam 2017
05/24/17 5:21 pm

AKA Most Pro-Islam, open borders, and Anti-White pope.

dftdddsf
05/24/17 6:08 pm

Anti white? What the fuck are you even talking about?

Republocrat Washington State
05/24/17 6:10 pm

LegionOfTruth, yeah WTF U TALKIN ABOUT? If he's White how he Anti to his race!?

LegionOfTruth Deport Islam 2017
05/24/17 6:22 pm

What simple reasoning you have. You say you can't be Anti-White if you are White? Many white liberals have a deep hatred for their own race and will support many campaigns that harm Whites; pope Francis is one of them. He has shown strong favoritism in allowing Muslims to flood into Europe leading to much crime and chaos.

Republocrat Washington State
05/24/17 6:39 pm

I'm Liberal & I don't, u Conservative

DJ13
05/25/17 10:01 am

Legion, being "pro" other races doesn't automatically make you anti "white".... Most evolved people are just pro "human".

LegionOfTruth Deport Islam 2017
05/25/17 10:08 am

There are a limited number of resources for everything.
Every Negroid miss USA is one less for beautiful Aryans.
Every oscar going to movies promoting Thuggery is one less oscar toward Pro-Family ideals.
Every Obama presidency is another 8 years of hating our very existence as a race.

Blacks and Muslims have several times more children than hire families: Western Civilization will be displaced by a violent and low IQ mess if we keep pouring money to Africa and blacks already in America.

kjs Minnesota
05/24/17 4:47 pm

I love, love, love Pope Francis. And yes I am Roman Catholic.

commonsense America isnt racist
05/24/17 4:46 pm

Eh. Hopefully he's the last of a dying business.

CudOfCow Oregon
05/24/17 8:27 pm

If only.

ELATeacher
05/24/17 4:45 pm

I like him (of course) but of the 3 popes during my lifetime, he ranks 3rd.

SHIPPY1944 Tn.
05/24/17 4:36 pm

Meh, he's more Socialist activist, than Pope ! But I do love his pointy hat๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป

Renewable Left Libertarian
05/24/17 4:28 pm

Funny how he has more support among non-religious than he does among Catholics

abusara i drink and i know things
05/24/17 4:16 pm

The only Pope I've seen in person.

Xemanis Lawful Good
05/24/17 4:14 pm

I dislike the abrahamic religions.

messiah
05/24/17 4:10 pm

I am not very religious, but Pope Francis is definitely a bro.

NKarta Please excuse my sanity
05/24/17 3:53 pm

He seems less like a pope and more like bernie sanders with a cross.

MrMilkdud
05/24/17 3:50 pm

He's not my favorite pope, but I like him.
I don't like the version of him the media has created.

political Georgia
05/24/17 3:52 pm

That is true about the media. You would think that Catholics support abortion and gay marriage by listening to CNN.

MrMilkdud
05/24/17 3:56 pm

And if you listened to MSNBC you'd think the pope was performing gay marriages in St. Peter's basilica.
His actual positions are much more conservative than they report. Not as conservative as mine, of course, but like I said, he's not my favorite pope.

political Georgia
05/24/17 3:57 pm

He doesn't embrace personal responsibility very well, like you.

TheSpookyGhost paleoconservative
05/24/17 4:34 pm

I don't think this can be blamed on the media. There is video footage of him washing and kissing the feet of Muslim immigrants who are Islamifying Europe as we speak and undermining Christianity. He has also said that Christians need to apologize for oppressing gays.

voc I am...what I am
05/24/17 4:54 pm

Yeah. Because that makes him a horrible person. How dare he do things like Jesus would have. Love thy enemy unless he's Muslim or gay, that's what the Bible actually says. That rat bastard. He should learn to read that.

MrMilkdud
05/24/17 5:17 pm

The problem isn't that he said or did those things, because nothing about any of that is incompatible with Christianity.

The problem is that the media took it all one step further by claiming he was speaking out in favor of homosexual acts or marriage, or that he was speaking out against nations' rights to secure their borders.

MrMilkdud
05/24/17 5:20 pm

The other problem is that the Argentinian media was very friendly and honest about him when he was a bishop, so he seems to think the international media will be, too. Consequently, he isn't in the habit of making clear, airtight statements the media can't easily distort and manipulate.

TheSpookyGhost paleoconservative
05/24/17 9:03 pm

Fact of the matter is that the current pope is greatly in favor of open borders.

MrMilkdud
05/24/17 9:47 pm

No he isn't. He even signed off on a joint letter from the U.S. and Mexican Catholic bishops that states "The Church recognizes the right of the sovereign to control its borders in search of the common good. It also recognizes the right of the persons to migrate so they can realize their God-given rights. These teachings complement each other. While the sovereign state can impose reasonable limits on immigration, the common good is not served when the human rights of the individual are violated.”

That's definitely not an open border policy.

MrMilkdud
05/24/17 9:50 pm

And that same border policy has been restated by every pope since pius xii.

timeout Boston Strong
05/24/17 3:30 pm

There's a lot of things about the church that need changing but this seems like a very open-minded pope who seems to listen. Not religious but he's OK in my book.

political Georgia
05/24/17 3:28 pm

No - I'm not a fan of catholic theology.

PepsiMan A Liberal Of Boston
05/24/17 3:15 pm

Why do republicans hat him?

cornybread The Large Malus Fruit
05/24/17 3:18 pm

Because he's more open-minded than they are.

political Georgia
05/24/17 3:29 pm

Or it could be that most Republicans are Protestants.

cornybread The Large Malus Fruit
05/24/17 3:30 pm

That doesn't explain hating the pope.

political Georgia
05/24/17 3:39 pm

"Hate" is the term that you used. Most don't hate him. We just aren't a fan.

cornybread The Large Malus Fruit
05/24/17 3:40 pm

Well, then I'm not the person you're arguing with; that's OP.

political Georgia
05/24/17 3:41 pm

I'm not arguing. I'm simply explaining why a lot of Republicans probably aren't a fan. I'm shocked that so many atheists are a fan.

cornybread The Large Malus Fruit
05/24/17 3:42 pm

Why wouldn't they be? They're tolerant people. Just like the pope.

political Georgia
05/24/17 3:46 pm

I'm not a fan of the Pope because I don't agree with the theology he believes. I'm not saying that he is necessarily a bad person. I'm just not a fan of someone who promotes a theology that I don't agree with. It would be equivalent to a conservative being a fan of Al Sharpton to put it in political terms.

cornybread The Large Malus Fruit
05/24/17 3:47 pm

Okay? The answer to a question I never asked.

political Georgia
05/24/17 3:47 pm

If the question was, "Are you a fan of John MacArthur, Charles Stanley, Ravi Zachariah, Moody Institute, John Piper, James White, or R.C. Sproul" you would likely get a similar response from Catholics.

political Georgia
05/24/17 3:49 pm

Oh! I understand your response. Some atheists see the exact opposite such as Cole and Coffee.

TiredofIt Texas
05/24/17 3:58 pm

Not being a fan of his does not mean they hate him....

Zod Above Pugetropolis
05/24/17 3:15 pm

He's a Pope. So nope. But he seems like he could be a pretty fun guy.

suppressedID That is my secret Cap
05/24/17 3:12 pm

A Christian that walks the walk?!?

It's like a unicorn sighting. ๐Ÿฆ„

DeathSheep Michigan
05/24/17 3:08 pm

I am an atheist, but he seems like a cool guy.

AndyL Canada
05/24/17 3:06 pm

He's the first pope in along time to accept most modern change around the world.