TheSpookyGhost (NF-CA) proposes Amendment to Budget of 2017 Act
Bill passes @collinmatthew @TheSpookyGhost
Nay. This would just make VC boring because some people would be pissed at the budget, block it, and ruin a lot of VC fun. This bill --> more partisanship
See below. This bill has pan-partisan support.
Support from across party lines for this bill doesn't mean much
It would cause people to have to work together. I urge you to switch your vote
that would be a cool feature
This bill has the support of members across the political spectrum, including members of the administration such as CollinMatthew, CajunTrooper, and the treasurer Ranger13, the Conservative Party head Fank, and members of the National Front. Everyone should vote yea for a better, more realistic VC.
Yes it would bring a new element to vc.
Only 1 person had openly come out against this yet it only has 51% yea.
I think people are nervous about this because a group could force a shutdown, but that's how it is in the real congress so we should have it here too.
Yea, this is cool
I'm not a fan of the shutdown idea. I like section though.
But in voting nay
I like it.
@BertGoldberg I voted yea
I'm kinda neutral towards this.
It would make VC more realistic since we have a budget now
Yea. This would be interesting.
Amendment to Budget of 2017 Act
1) Remove Section 4 and Section 5 of the Amendment to Budget Act of 2017.
2) If the president cannot get congress to agree on a budget, then a government shutdown will occur.
3) During a budget shutdown, non-essential personnel will be furloughed, and non-essential agency activities and services will be curtailed.
4) During a budget shutdown, all functions on the VirtualCongress website shall be removed except the link to "propose legislation", and no legislation shall be submitted or posted for voting except budget bills.
5) If the President's first budget fails, Congressmen may submit their own budget proposals (as in the actual Congress).
Why did @cajuntrooper vote nay if he helped sponsor
*1) Remove Section 4 and Section 5 of the Budget Act of 2017