TopsQueen May 24th, 2017 12:11am

Several recent studies have shown that if you stand every hour, maybe take a few steps that is a very big health benefit. I have challenged my TOPS Group not to be puddle butts. Stand every hour. Will you join my challenge?

NKarta Please excuse my sanity
05/25/17 4:32 am

The way my school day is structured i pretty much do it anyway. But thanks, good info to know.

elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
05/24/17 12:43 pm

I have a dog. I have no choice. 😁👍

Okie1967 Lets go brandon
05/24/17 9:35 am

Puddle butts. Lol.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
05/24/17 10:44 am

Oh that's my own little thing I came with with. I'm challenging 30 woman of a certain age to take care of their health.

singkitty In the cloud
05/24/17 4:38 am

This is why I have a stand up desk and mini elliptical at work. Sitting 8 hours a day is extremely bad for you. Your circulatory system isn't designed to sit all day.

theNobamist Silicon Valley
05/24/17 12:39 am

Thanks! I'll try this! Sciatica has set upon me 😁

susanr Colorado
05/23/17 9:21 pm

The Fitbit app has an option to select from 5 to 14 consecutive hours during the day during which you want to track whether you get in at least 250 steps. If you haven't gotten 250 steps by 10 minutes before the next hour, you get an audible reminder to move on your Fitbit.

I've chosen the hours, and I almost always get up and walk around a bit, at least, if I get the reminder. I don't always walk enough to make sure I get in the steps, but I'm trying to do better at that.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
05/23/17 11:10 pm

I love that. You have been on my mind. I've been thinking of you and praying for you. I hope everything is going well. I think when my Vive outfit goes out I'll get the fit bit.

LadyBug237 Florida
05/23/17 8:45 pm

My job is mostly sitting - so beautifully make sure to get up often, probably every half hour.

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
05/23/17 7:06 pm

I already stand at work, quite often.

catpillow Florida West Coast
05/23/17 7:00 pm

I will try, but will have to walk. Just standing is sort of painful (thanks, arthritis).

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
05/23/17 9:19 pm

My hips got hurt by something really hard Sunday I could hardly stand. I took way more ibuprofen than I should and then went for a walk hoping that it would loosen things up. Seems to have done the trick. How are you holding up?

catpillow Florida West Coast
05/24/17 9:29 pm

I'm up and down, depending on Mom's condition. When she's doing well, I feel better; and when she's not, I feel awful. I went to see the doctor and found I'd gained 10 pounds .. I'm sure it's all from worrying and trying to eat my worries away.

Glad your hips are feeling better.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
05/24/17 10:31 pm

That's what I did when Beth was so sick and it just will not go away.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
05/24/17 10:32 pm

I wish we could hug each other

stickman46 NJ
05/23/17 6:37 pm

Get an AppleWatch. It reminders you ever hour to stand.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
05/23/17 9:19 pm

I have one. And it does it also reminds me to breathe.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
05/23/17 6:00 pm

I'm pretty sure most people stand an average of at least once an hour without even trying. Probably once every two or three hours just to go pee alone. The Apple Watch tracks it, and it's a little surprising how much you move around just going to the bathroom, getting snacks, checking the computers, getting something to read, and looking out the window.

HammeringMan Gods Away On Business
05/23/17 10:04 pm

I have one of those desk platforms that let me transist from sitting to standing by pushing the lever. My computer and workpapers gently rise up to meet me.

singkitty In the cloud
05/24/17 4:41 am

I dislike step counters. They aren't accurate and provide false info. Just waving your hand often counts as a step taken. My overweight sister has one and claims she gets all her "steps" in but in reality she's just bumping her fit bit.

HammeringMan Gods Away On Business
05/24/17 6:27 am

Twerking cones too mind.

geoag02 Dallas, TX
05/23/17 5:55 pm

I usually stand every 5 minutes when at work.

Jazzy5 USA
05/23/17 5:43 pm

I jump around all the time,
If that is true, I'm good for a thousands years...

rons Thanks America
05/23/17 5:31 pm

Lucky I sit for 20 minutes. I started Tai Chi lessons. Good for balance, bones, strength, mental. SLO-mo Kung Fu.

Casper Deep inthe Heart ofTexas
05/23/17 5:25 pm

I usually sleep & drive for several hours at a time - not usually at the time.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
05/23/17 5:12 pm

Specially as your age your blood tends to puddle and your buttocks. This is bad for your kidneys heart and respiration. So I challenge them stand up go to the kitchen to get a drink of water. Next sour get up go to the bathroom and so on and so on. I'm getting an award together for those that do this. We are in a challenge to take off 20 pounds before next year.

EarlyBird Portland
05/23/17 5:53 pm

Thank you for informing us. I accept the challenge.

dawl adulting
05/23/17 5:12 pm

YES my chiropractor told me every 45 minutes get up walk and stretch. Even work standing up if you can for a bit. It is not natural for the spine to be compressed for so long!