Izzynius May 23rd, 2017 12:45pm

What is one controversial opinion that you have?

bluerum29 optimistic idealist
05/28/17 11:58 am

I have many.
Sterilize those who don't deserve to be parents is one

lorraineruth Bozeman
05/24/17 10:28 pm

Atheism is probably the most controversial I get.

05/24/17 3:24 am

Plenty.

People on disability should actually be disabled.

People shouldn't be forced to participate in institutions with which they disagree.

We should follow the Constitution.

I'm going to stop before I get myself in trouble. 1/4 of this app probably put me on ignore for not putting a trigger warning in the beginning.

musicotic Michigan
05/24/17 3:13 pm

None of those are controversial or not in implementation.

05/24/17 3:18 pm

πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

05/24/17 4:04 pm

Not able bodied. Physically unable to work.

05/24/17 4:44 pm

But what do you consider not physically able to work? Is that only people in a wheelchair or paralyzed? Do you include people with mental conditions? What about those with invisible disabilities?

05/24/17 4:46 pm

Invisible disability? Such as?

And if you are too mentally disabled to work (which can happen) then you aren't competent to handle your own affairs and are in no state to get a check in the mail every month at society's expense.

05/24/17 4:55 pm

So you don't consider those that are too clinically depressed to make it to work every day (and thus have gotten fired) capable of doing anything else? What about those who are bipolar or schizophrenics? Should we just put all these people into insane asylums?

Here is a link about invisible disabilities:

invisibledisabilities.org/what-is-an-invisible-disability/

05/24/17 4:57 pm

Another question--for that person that is too debilitated to know how to spend the check--do you not think a family member could help them? Do you not think the wife of a man like that who has stayed home to raise his kids should receive any support if he becomes ill? What about the small kids of that person (husband or wife) whose dad is now too depressed to work? Should they suffer?

05/24/17 4:59 pm

Right, see those aren't disabilities. Or if they are (such as schizophrenia) then you need someone to manage your money.

If you're too depressed to show up for work then you probably need to be institutionalized because clearly you can't function in society due to crippling depression. Forgive my skepticism that you're perfectly fine spending society's money but somehow can't work.

This sounds like the lady I know who was so depressed that she "sat at home and played PlayStation all day". True story. That person does NOT need society to support her.

05/24/17 5:01 pm

And yes, a court appointed third party should manage their funds. Likely not a family member, too much conflict of interest.

05/24/17 5:07 pm

So if a person can't drag themselves out of a bed 1 or 2 days a wk or even a month, & they get fired because of that, you think they are of no use to themselves or society, & need to be institutionalized? We encourage those with physical disabilities to do as much as they possibly can, even if they can't work. Why would we feel differently about those with mental disabilities?

Should we dump all those in a wheelchair in a nursing home because they can't work? If you really want to get down to it, accommodations have had to be made for those with physical disabilities in jobs, so that their workplaces are wheelchair accessible, they can't be fired as easily, etc. Shouldn't there be accommodations made in the workplace for those with mental disabilities?

You don't know anyone with depression, do you? I pray that you don't have to EVER deal with it. It is NO FUN. Most people hide it as best they can, and they're very strong people just to keep putting one foot in front of the other.

05/24/17 5:10 pm

I encourage you to read the article I linked for you. It tells some of what the ADA classifies as disabilities.

05/24/17 5:28 pm

I know literally hundreds of people with depression.

If you can't get out of bed more that 1 to 2 days a month then you'll likely starve. You need to be institutionalize to save your life. Somehow a check in the mail once a month is going to fix that? It just doesn't add up.

People with wheelchairs can function in society, people that can't get out of bed more that 1-2 times a month cannot.

05/24/17 5:32 pm

And if you can hade depression then you can show up for work while it's hidden. It's a quadriplegic could hide his quadriplegia by actually moving around, then I'd suggest that he do so to go to work.

So which is it? Too depressed to get out of bed? I agree that this happens. In this case then they need to be institutionalized for their own safety (the same can be said of a quadriplegic). Or can they hide their depression and do normal activities? Fine then, hide it and go work. If you are physically able to hide it then you can work.

05/24/17 5:35 pm

You misunderstood. I said if they can't get out of the bed 1 or 2 days a month, not MORE than 1-2 days a month.

In other words, if you can work all the days of the month except 1-2, and those days it hits you really hard, and you get fired because your company doesn't allow sick days, but you can function all the rest of the days, should you be put in an institution? And btw, where ARE these institutions? They shuttered them all many years ago! Now, you're doing good to get a bed in a treatment center or hospital, just to get stabilized on meds, and there is a backlog, so many people fall through the cracks.

I knew someone with bipolar that would be willing to go to the hospital one day, but there were no beds available. By the time a bed became available a few days later, she was in a manic phase and no longer felt she needed to go to the hospital, so would refuse to go.

More...

05/24/17 5:35 pm

Part 2. There are no institutions to put people in. The only ones I know of that are institutionalized are those that are in prison or those committed due to being criminally insane.

When you say you know people with depression, are you talking about situational depression, clinical depression, major depression, or bipolar depression?

Don't you realize that these people need a check so they can get their meds, pay their living expenses, etc?

Did you read the article?

05/24/17 5:40 pm

By hide it, I mean there are many people that even their closest family members don't know they're depressed. That's why you often hear when someone commits suicide, "I didn't even know he needed help. I didn't know he was depressed."

And it's the kind of attitude that you have that keeps people from letting people know. The stigma--that somehow the fact that they need mental help is not the same as someone that needs physical help.

They can hide it well enough to slog through most days like a zombie, but from time to time it hits them harder and they miss days of work. And then they get fired for missing work. So should we hang them out to dry? And again, where are we going to put them? Is the govt going to pay for their institutionalization, which would cost more than the monthly check they get? If they're not holding down a job, they're sure not going to be able to pay for their own care, housing, food, AND nursing/doctor care!

Are you willing for your taxes to go to that?

05/24/17 6:02 pm

If you miss 1-2 days a month then you can still work, especially since several will statistically fall on weekends.

This is exactly what I mean. If you're depressed (but not catatonic) then you simply aren't disabled.

I'm not saying that depression is made up, just that it doesn't warrant a check per month on society's dime.

05/24/17 6:07 pm

I know people that don't get ANY sick days, so a few days off would get them fired, even if it was spaced out over more than a month.

So you would rather pay for their institutionalization and all the care of doctors and nurses for that, rather than a $500-$700 check a month? Of course, you're going to have to pay for some facilities to be built first!

Did you read the article about other disabilities? You asked what I meant by other disabilities, and I provided the link, but you haven't commented on it.

05/24/17 6:11 pm

You do realize that people that get disability payments have paid in on SS, and that is what covers it, right? Are you saying that someone that has worked for years shouldn't be able to get the money they've paid in when their mental health fails, but they should if their physical health fails? Why the discrimination?

05/24/17 6:13 pm

I read the article. It was annoyingly vague.

By your logic someone who got a bad flu and missed a few days of work should get disability, because hey, no sick days.

I'm not suggesting building institutions. I'm suggesting that people with depression don't get to live on society's dime, period. If there really are so many catatonic depressed people that we need to start building institutions, then maybe I'll change my strategy, but we both know that there aren't.

What the depressed people do without society's money is their business, not mine.

05/24/17 6:15 pm

SS is a tremendous joke because of this mentality. No, you aren't getting "your money", you're withdrawing far more than you put in and are being supported by current workers. Otherwise we could all put our SS money under a mattress and use it when our health fails. SS has always been about redistributing income.

05/24/17 6:18 pm

And there are plenty of physical ailments that ought not to qualify for disability. Plenty.

Mental health in general shouldn't qualify at all, because if you are too mentally unstable to work then you need more than a monthly check (and society should be serious about providing said support), but if you aren't too mentally unstable to work then ... well, I rest my case.

05/24/17 6:29 pm

You said the article was annoyingly vague. What did you want it to say? Did you want it to list the conditions this covers?

No, the flu isn't a chronic condition. It is an acute condition, that lasts only a week, not for years on end.

Many of them are NOT living on society's dime! They are living on the allotment they paid in for many years of Social Security! Many of them have to survive on $500-$700 per month. It would only be if they never worked that they were living on society's dime. Who are you to say that they can't have the money they paid in for decades?

More...

05/24/17 6:29 pm

Part 2 I'm not talking about catatonics. I'm talking about the clinically depressed. I knew an elderly woman that her family thought she had a major mental disorder because she was going without taking a shower for a month at a time, and was defecating in the floor and covering it up with a towel so no one would see it. When her family finally got her to a psychiatrist that specialized in geriatrics, her family was shocked to learn it was DEPRESSION!

They had many years of experience with her mental health conditions, but had no clue that JUST depression could do this to her. When the doc put her on meds for depression, she got better, but she was NOT able to work. Should all her decades of working and paying into SS not now go to her health care needs and living expenses?

Should those that have paranoia/schizophrenia/hallucinations/bipolar just be thrown to the wolves?

05/24/17 6:33 pm

No, SS has not always been about redistributing income. It has always been about workers setting aside a certain amount of money to cover them in retirement or disability.

Are you old enough to work? If so, you should be getting benefit statements in the mail--which show up to the current date, how much you've paid in and what your monthly allotment will be if you work until retirement age, BASED ON how much you've paid in!

I know about this, because I tried to apply for disability and was told that I didn't work long enough to draw, and that I had let too many years lapse between when I worked and when I applied (because I was bedridden for 18 hours a day due to a physical condition and was too sick to leave the house to apply).

05/24/17 6:38 pm

Let me ask you another one. Do you also think we should throw veterans that are so mentally messed up from wars that they can't work to the wind?

05/25/17 3:32 am

1) I'm not suggesting that mentally I'll people be abandoned. I am suggesting that if they are too unstable to work that you don't fix that with a monthly check.

2) This is turning into a commentary on SS, and much of what you believe is simply not true. SS does not act like a safe where you place your money then go back to get it if needed. It acts like a club that after you pay the entry fee then you get to withdraw indefinitely.

Here's the deal: Most people withdrawing from SS withdraw far more than they put in. This is especially true for those on disability and less true for those who don't start withdrawing until geriatric years. Otherwise SS wouldn't have major solvency issues.

05/25/17 3:29 pm

So if mentally ill people don't get a monthly check, who will take care of them? I don't understand what you're suggesting.

We'll have to agree to disagree about SS, because I know people that are struggling to get by on SS or Disability only, and I know that it is tied into how much they paid over the years. I really worry about myself in the future, as it's not going to be nearly enough to pay basic living expenses, because we have been low income and what you get back is based on what you pay in. I don't see how anyone could not realize that when you get print outs that plainly state this.

05/25/17 4:04 pm

Then let's abolish SS and just let people save for themselves.

Again, there is no question that many people get more out of SS than they pay into it. This is a simple fact.

As for the mentally ill, my position is simple.

Too unstable to work? Then you need intense support and not a check.

Not too unstable to work? Do whatever you want, but it's not society's job to support people who can work.

05/25/17 4:12 pm

This explains the SS system. Study point 2 which describes how the earning statements are pretty much meaningless.

For retirees you are largely correct, most people pay as much in taxes as they get out of SS. That is because they pay a lifetime of taxes and don't withdraw for nearly as long (although that's changing as the life expectancy increases).

For disability it's the opposite, the time to pay in is shortened and the time of benefits is greatly lengthened.

www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/08/18/5-facts-about-social-security/

05/25/17 5:31 pm

Well I certainly hope that you never find yourself in a position of having a mental health condition or invisible disability. My hubby and I have a total of 12 chronic health conditions, and we struggle to make it through each day.

He drags himself to work 2 jobs, up to 80 hours per week, but can't get out of the bed unless he's having to work, crashing in between jobs & on the weekends.

I'm no longer able to work due to side effects of meds I have to take, but do not receive disability because I was too sick to even get to the office to apply. I've found that when I judge others it almost always comes back to bite me and I end up having to learn how difficult their situation really was. That's how I've learned compassion for others throughout my life. If you're young, you'll learn some of this as you get older.

More...

05/25/17 5:32 pm

Part 2. Thanks for the article. I learned a lot from it. I see that I do need to cede to you on this point:

"Nor do Social Security checks represent a return on invested capital, though you might be forgiven for thinking so since the “personalized Social Security statements” that used to be mailed out once a year and now are available online detail your payment history and projected monthly benefits."

And it's not just Millennials that are worried about them running out of money. Baby boomers, especially those of us in the later years of baby boomers, have worried that the older baby boomers would wipe it out. To compound this problem, white Millennials aren't having as many children, which means that there won't be as many paying into the system to take care of those that are older.

More...

05/25/17 5:32 pm

Part 3. So it's all going to be up to Hispanic and black Millennials, but many of them are already on the govt dime and won't be paying into the system, either.

I think this will lead to Millennials' children having it even worse, if there is still a system by then.

I wanted to file as objecting to SS on religious grounds because I have always believed there wouldn't be any for us when we got there, but hubby did not agree, so we didn't. He was afraid that we, as most Americans, would NOT set that much aside if they weren't made to do so. I can see his wisdom in that now, as we have no extra money to save each year. We're barely making ends meet as it is.

05/25/17 5:35 pm

Your husband is a prime example of what I'm talking about; by that I mean that he is the opposite of the disability mindset. He has challenges, but he's out there busting his ass to make ends meet. Kudos.

05/25/17 5:45 pm

Thanks. But we often wonder how much longer he can hold on like this. He's only mid 50's, and we know we would never be able to survive on just SS. He seems to struggle more and more every year. Can you see that someone like that should be shown some compassion if they come to the point that their body has broken down so much it just can't keep on?

theNobamist Silicon Valley
05/24/17 12:34 am

I'd keep h-Bomb loaded B52s at fail safe points surrounding the Mideast continually.

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
05/23/17 7:46 pm

If nothing changes, Western civilization will become very dysfunctional due to polarization of thought and a lack of face to face conversation.

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
05/23/17 7:46 pm

Also, we as a society are failing the next generation. Massively.

05/24/17 3:25 am

Wow, I actually agree with your first point. I didn't know you were against safe spaces, trigger warnings, etc.

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
05/24/17 4:16 am

I have no idea what you mean by "safe spaces" but trigger warnings are just as stupid as people mocking other people about being "triggered".

People need to grow up and
a) learn to manage their own shit, the world cannot form itself around personal issues
b) stop being assholes and then blaming people who react for reacting. They are not snowflakes or triggered, you are just a dammed jerk.

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
05/24/17 4:17 am

Note the "you" in point B is the impersonal form or "you".

GrandMaster New York
05/23/17 6:19 pm

Remove all foreign military support and aid. I'm a neo-isolationist I guess.

AnarchoCowboy Back 4 Now
05/23/17 5:28 pm

Abolish social security, medicare, and medicaid.

05/23/17 2:57 pm

Reinstating slavery

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
05/24/17 11:43 am

Please explain..

05/24/17 1:32 pm

Not as bad as it sounds. Think of indentured servitude. Only minus the labor. Replaced by financial support. Housing, education, healthcare, all of it. I think the descendants from family's who profited from slavery; still should be held financial responsible. Generation after Generation are still getting wealthier. While Generation after Generation of slave descendants are at best financially compensated only if incarcerated. We have never fully recovered from the civil war. Reparation until equality. Just freeing them hasn't worked.

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
05/24/17 2:14 pm

So essentially you want reparations?

05/24/17 2:27 pm

Yes. Everyone who can afford one should have to have as many as they can financially provide for, until they can provide for themselves.

05/24/17 2:27 pm

Everyone who can afford it (not one)^

Fank BUILD THAT WALL
05/23/17 1:56 pm

I'm very conservative, but I don't believe in God.

Neighinator Ohio
05/23/17 1:18 pm

Ban all automatic weapons, some semi-automatic weapons, impose tough background checks, and ban no-fly-listers.

musicotic Michigan
05/23/17 1:22 pm

It is sad that that is controversial

Fank BUILD THAT WALL
05/23/17 1:54 pm

Not sad that it's controversial

GlockMan1 Alabama
05/23/17 5:04 pm

"Ban all automatic weapons"
Why? Very, very, very few crimes are committed with them.

"some semi-automatic weapons". Why?

"impose tough background checks"....they already have. You are cleared by the FBI before you are allowed to purchase one.

"and ban no-fly-listers". Do you also support the travel ban Trump wants against 7 Islamic nations?

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
05/24/17 11:44 am

Automatics are banned already.... and they shouldn't be. Some people don't like giving up the their rights.

croopertrooper Greater Cincinnati Area
05/23/17 1:16 pm

I don't care about or support the state of Israel.

I'm also guessing someone will call me an anti-Semitic Nazi for this opinion.

GlockMan1 Alabama
05/23/17 5:05 pm

Anti-Semitic Nazi. πŸ˜‰

croopertrooper Greater Cincinnati Area
05/24/17 7:13 am

Lol GlockMan with the jokes 😝

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
05/23/17 11:54 am

I'm a Christian who supports gay rights. Also I don't believe only Christians will be in heaven.

orgblu10 Shamerica
05/23/17 1:28 pm

Ok, I'm a Christian, and I don't get that statement. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life," not "I, Buddha, and Mohammed." Who else sacrificed his life as payment for the penalty for people's sin? Was Jesus kidding when He said, "You must be born again"? The New Testament says, "How shall we escape if we neglect such a great salvation" (Heb. 2:3).
As a Christian, there's no other mechanism by which one can access heaven. Period.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
05/23/17 1:49 pm

When my brother-in-law got married at temple deHersh Sinai Seattle Jewish grandma and I sat next to each other. This woman love God with all of her's heart all of her soul and all of her might. She loves God so much she glowed with it. She was quite impressed that I love God so much. She told me I love God so much I should become a Jew. I think this was the highest compliment of my life. I think those that love and honor God will be with Him in eternity.

05/23/17 3:01 pm

Orgblu10: JC didn't come for his people. Jewish people did not have to be saved. They were, still are the original sure thing.

orgblu10 Shamerica
05/23/17 3:29 pm

I'm not going to attempt to speak on behalf of the Jewish people. They clearly have a special historical place with God, and are His chosen people. What makes me wonder is the inspired statements of the apostle Paul, himself Jewish, in Romans 9:1-5. He is full of sorrow and anguish over the spiritual state of his own people. As a Gentile Christian, I'll leave the matter to God, but there has to be some significance to those remarks.

GlockMan1 Alabama
05/23/17 5:07 pm

God also supported "gay rights" so much He destroyed every man, woman and child who resided in the twin cities of Sodom and Gomorrah.

ronderman North Carolina
05/23/17 7:00 pm

Block, that wasn't their only sin. They were punished for a multitude of reasons.

GlockMan1 Alabama
05/23/17 7:21 pm

I'm sure you hat homosexuality played the major part in it especially when the men wanted to GANG RAPE God's Angels (who had to blind everyone to escape)

05/23/17 8:16 pm

I have sorrow and anguish over the spiritual state of my own people.

05/23/17 10:02 pm

Everyone I come into contact with or am made aware of their existence. And all the people that I do not know.

ronderman North Carolina
05/24/17 8:22 am

Glock, I will not deny that homosexuality is a sin per scripture. That said, S&G was a godless society. They hated outsiders. They (just like all cities of that time) had a town center where travelers went when they were looking for lodging. It was customary for hospitality to be shown to travelers who were at these town centers to be taken into a home and cared for.

At S&G, the town center was there, but foreigners caught there were raped and tortured no matter what sex they were. They were then sent on their way to tell other people not to visit.

Like I said, the homosexuality was present, but it wasn't the only thing the area was destroyed over.

If God destroyed civilizations over homosexuality, there would be no one here. Every city, neighborhood, AND CHURCH would be destroyed. Yes, it is a sin. So is pride, lust, and gluttony and I am guilty of all.

GlockMan1 Alabama
05/24/17 8:32 am

THANK YOU. You see....unlike yourself, most Americans do not see that homosexuality is a sin and even embrace it as Obama did. And do you know WHY they do not see it as sin....because America is becoming a "Godless" nation just like the twin cities of Sodom and Gomorrah were.

05/24/17 2:05 pm

Glockman: you are damned as a sinner. No One is without sin. That does not make us Godless. Not treating a person with love, like God's New Covenant is what makes you Godless.As in God is love, Christians are the body of Christ. likePeace on earth, love one another. We are equally damned with Earthly sins. No ones sins are worse than yours. Stop pointing them out like they are.

GlockMan1 Alabama
05/24/17 4:38 pm

There is a difference. I recognize my sin and turn from it. If the President and the Supreme Court tell the country homosexuality is acceptable....why should they turn from it. The die and fall into Hell having been told their sin was not a sin.

05/24/17 10:26 pm

So Christ being the only redeemer got on the cross for nothing. Because the Supreme Court can undo his forgiveness of all sin. And appointed you as a Judge in your own right, to pick which sinners he will not forgive. Doesn't sound very much like JC. I think he would treat them with love and kindness. And you should be without sin before you cast stones. No one is able to turn away from sin. If you are here you are just as damned as everyone else. You are not extra special because you haven't had a same sex partner.

whomstve99 Republic of Texas
05/23/17 11:17 am

Homosexuality needs to be studied further and not just blatantly accepted

musicotic Michigan
05/23/17 1:22 pm

There is a reason that is controversial. Because it's already been studied.

lorraineruth Bozeman
05/24/17 10:34 pm

It has been studied-- extensively-- still is. Human sexuality is a big branch of psychology. Usually looked at by behavioral and social psychologists.

GlockMan1 Alabama
05/23/17 11:11 am

Jesus is THE ONLY way to Heaven and the Bible is the infallible Word of God.

WaffleBrainz Indiana
05/23/17 10:26 am

transgender people are mentally ill

05/24/17 2:50 pm

But their mental illness is not what causes them to be transgender. Their mental illness is a side effect that develops, and it does not happen to all transgender people. Just the ones who struggle with how society treats them differently.

lorraineruth Bozeman
05/24/17 10:36 pm

Gender dysmorphia is classified as a mental illness. The controversial part is the treatment. Most mental health professionals support gender conversion as a treatment plan.

05/24/17 10:52 pm

It's a disorder caused by being transgender it doesn't cause people to be transgender.

05/24/17 10:54 pm

Dysmorphia can be used to describe anything mental that's uncomfortable to live with.

Mavericks Bermuda Triangle
05/23/17 9:53 am

Proud to be an American! πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

gluxford1 Arizona
05/23/17 9:32 am

I personally believe that all immigration to the United States should be halted for the next 40 years. I also staunchly oppose multiculturalism. I'm guessing that's controversial.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
05/23/17 9:25 am

None of my opinions seem particularly controversial to me.

Izzynius
05/23/17 9:26 am

Not to you but to other people. What is one opinion that you have that other people might find controversial?

Zod Above Pugetropolis
05/23/17 9:32 am

That was it.

Izzynius
05/23/17 9:33 am

Oh ok.

PamGH Washington
05/23/17 9:07 am

We need to move, slowly and judiciously into all science. This includes gene therapy, the use of discarded zygotes, gmo, cloning, etc.

LazySteelworker USA
05/23/17 9:00 am

I think most people don't know or understand the true definition of racism and this causes a lot of confusion and anger from both the accused and the accusers.

Iamamerican California
05/23/17 8:48 am

Continue war in drugs and add reinvestment in rehab, mental health, and education.

05/24/17 2:59 pm

If you decriminalize drugs, money needs to go to turning inmates into self supporting citizens before they get out of prison.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
05/23/17 8:33 am

I want Russia to become a super power again

Izzynius
05/23/17 8:35 am

What is your opinion on Ukraine-Russia conflict?

RussianThunder Russia and USA
05/23/17 8:47 am

It's a very complicated situation but I blame most of the issue there on rabidly pro-Ukrainian forces who overthrew a democratically elected president who thought the Ukraines best hope was with Russia, not the EU. Before his ouster he asked Vladimir Putin for military assistance. Then, it was basically made illegal to speak Russian in Ukrainian schools. Armed gunmen held schools at gunpoint to insure no Russian was spoken. This put the Russian speaking population of the Crimea at a disadvantage. They were living in terror. They then voted to leave Ukraine and return to Russia. Ukraine wants the oil.
The people of Crimea were not unhappy in Ukraine until anti-Russian pro-Ukrainian forces took over the government. Then, they were terrorized. Had they embraced their fellow countrymen, this situation would not be happening now but you cannot terrorize the citizens of Crimea and not expect Russia, already invited to intercede militarily by the previous president, to act.

Confucius Cage free No antibiotics
05/23/17 8:18 am

Captain America is the worst Avenger.

lendluke iowa
05/23/17 8:11 am

The Jedi are terrible.

05/24/17 4:24 pm

Jar Jar Binks was adorable! Lol I can't understand why he is the most hated SW character!

05/24/17 10:34 pm

I don't understand most of SW, so I don't know if you're joking or he really is! Lol

I have two sons that are avid fans, even to the point of going to conventions and one of them spent 50 hours sewing a costume.

lendluke iowa
05/24/17 10:58 pm

It's a joke fan conspiracy. People talk about how he was the one to convince the senate to give Palpatine emergency powers and stuff like that.

truspec Texas
05/23/17 7:53 am

Decriminalize all drugs and reinvest in rehab, mental health, and education. Change the focus of police/intelligence to violent crime/terrorism

05/24/17 2:57 pm

Zinkshadow1 Tallahassee
05/23/17 7:52 am

The "six million Jews" figure is horrifically exaggerated and a lot of the things that are supposed to have happened in the holocaust, like making lamp shades from human skin, never happened.

jfish82285 Tennessean in Colorado
05/23/17 7:27 am

I believe that most, if not all, drugs should be at least decriminalized to better deal with addiction problems and mobs and such. I could go in greater depth.

05/24/17 2:58 pm

Pinkaliscious Peace Out
05/23/17 7:25 am

We should abolish the death penalty. Innocent people die.

musicotic Michigan
05/23/17 8:08 am

That's not unpopular on the internet.

alexrobbie MN
05/23/17 7:21 am

I'm a civic nationalist and a fascist.

xtarite
05/23/17 7:18 am

I think that any and all abortion should be banned. I also think that women and men have big differences that make it impossible to achieve a liberals idea of "equality" where women and men can do everything the other can. I as a man can't do a lot of things a woman can do and Vice Versa. It's not sexist it's reality. Bring on the hate πŸ’ͺ

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
05/23/17 7:12 am

I think the country should have 2 years of mandatory conscripted national service. You need to complete it to become a full citizen, vote and receive any kind of government benefit. Could be military...could be something else...Americorps, Peace Corps, whatever. Whatever you do, you have to serve at least 500 miles from your home of record. This gets people out of their bubbles. It makes politicians less likely to engage in conflict. It engages all if society. And.....it will never happen.

xtarite
05/23/17 7:14 am

I understand why you think this but I would counter that what makes the US military great is that it's 100% voluntary.

Zinkshadow1 Tallahassee
05/23/17 7:50 am

Why should I be forced to serve in the military if I don't wish to? What if my skills would be better utilized elsewhere?

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
05/23/17 8:12 am

Couple of points here. First....military service would still be optional. It's one of several public service options. 2. To the point if the question....it's a controversial opinion and I know most people oppose it. 3. It will never happen

orgblu10 Shamerica
05/23/17 11:05 am

I don't believe the government should have any right to determine when or if a person should "leave their bubble." Individual lives should be none of the government's business unless the individual chooses.

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
05/23/17 7:40 pm

Squid - I agree with you 100%. In fact you are the only person I have ever encountered to say that, and for the same reasons. Crazy.

I thought I was the only one.

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
05/23/17 7:41 pm

The only difference is the distance requirement. Some people do not need to go that far to experience a different world.

Zinkshadow1 Tallahassee
05/25/17 8:19 am

You said you believe there should be two years mandated service. Mandated means I do not have a choice, so I don't know why you say it would still be voluntary.

I didn't ask if your opinion was controversial. Read my question again. I asked "why should I be forced to go into the military if I don't wish to? What if my abilities would be better utilized elsewhere?"
Answer that question.

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
05/25/17 12:24 pm

The choice lies in where and how that national service obligation is satisfied. It does not have to be military service. It could be AmeriCorp or PeaceCorp, or any organization as long as it serves the USA, its lands, and/or its citizens.

clmcd42 Texas
05/23/17 7:10 am

Pretty much every political opinion is controversial. Let me name a few of my opinions that are no doubt controversial with some people.

Religion is clearly false and everybody who believes in it has been brainwashed by society.

People who still think that absolute communism is possible are deluding themselves; for humans to exist we need a blend of capitalism and socialism.

Any belief that you have that would change based on the way you were born, where you were born, or the family you were raised in is likely false/unnecessary. Examples: extreme patriotism, religion, racism/sexism.

I know Izzy said not to attack people here but I don't mind arguing these points so please attack them if you so desire.

Izzynius
05/23/17 7:17 am

I will comment on the religion part. I agree. I see it as a tool to control the masses in a way. Sure, Jesus existed but I think he was just a regular man who was more enlightened at that time. Not supernatural. Also, I am fond of certain teachings in Buddhism but I consider Buddhism more of a philosophy.

clmcd42 Texas
05/23/17 7:19 am

I agree. Jesus had some ideas that were good. I think Buddha had more. I don't believe either were divine.

GlockMan1 Alabama
05/23/17 11:15 am

Jesus clearly said he was THE SON OF GOD. Was he insane? A con man? Or who He said he was?

orgblu10 Shamerica
05/23/17 7:00 am

In a nation that was created for freedom, and built on the principle of government "of the people, by the people, and for the people," that government should never have the right to spy on its own citizens. Without a true right to privacy, freedom is a sham.

Zinkshadow1 Tallahassee
05/23/17 7:50 am

That's not unpopular. Most people believe in those same principals, myself included.

orgblu10 Shamerica
05/23/17 8:44 am

He asked for controversial, not unpopular. Apparently that opinion isn't accepted by Congress, or the practice wouldn't be allowed to continue, and to become even more intrusive.

Izzynius
05/23/17 11:06 am

orgblu, are you a Libertarian?

orgblu10 Shamerica
05/23/17 11:42 am

No, I'm a conservative independent, ex-Democrat. Most of my views align with Republicans, but I buy in to some Libertarian ideas.

Zinkshadow1 Tallahassee
05/25/17 8:16 am

In that case, any opinion is a "controversial" opinion because there will always be SOMEONE who disagrees with you.

WeThePharaoh Planet Earth
05/23/17 6:55 am

Total absolute equality

suppressedID IMEACH BIDEN
05/23/17 6:49 am

Qualified citizenship for EVERYONE.

Brandon2018 Stocks Are Overvalued
05/23/17 6:21 am

Being pro-life. (Shouldn't be controvercial but is.)

musicotic Michigan
05/23/17 6:50 am

Everyone is pro-life. It's just that some people are also pro-choice.

musicotic Michigan
05/23/17 6:50 am

There is a reason safe, legal and RARE exists.

05/24/17 4:30 pm

I wouldn't call more black babies in NY aborted than born every year RARE!

ozzy
05/23/17 6:16 am

I am for a flat tax

musicotic Michigan
05/23/17 6:17 am

You are joking right?

ozzy
05/23/17 7:03 am

Not at all

musicotic Michigan
05/23/17 11:30 am

Good job supporting poor genocide!

Kamden popular revolt
05/23/17 1:33 pm

Hey @musicotic I can be fallacious too!
You're clearly a petulant child who isn't even old enough to vote and have issues with your middle-class parents!

Kamden popular revolt
05/23/17 6:09 am

Muslims do not belong in the United States

musicotic Michigan
05/23/17 6:17 am

>liberty first
>No muslims

???

Kamden popular revolt
05/23/17 8:39 am

Controversial even amongst my own tribe

lorraineruth Bozeman
05/24/17 10:41 pm

Freedom of religion. Majority of muslims are of no threat to us. Don't let the bad/evil apples make you dismiss the whole populace.

Kamden popular revolt
05/25/17 2:54 am

Any comment on their treatment of gays and ESPECIALLY women?

Because Islam says women are property and that to me is fundamentally antithetical to our liberties.

Bobnpt The Ocean State
05/23/17 5:59 am

Capitalism is a dying social construct. Eventually all jobs will be done by AI and robotics. With no jobs, there will either be social warfare or 100% social welfare.

05/24/17 4:32 pm

If no one is working, where does the money for social welfare come from?

Bobnpt The Ocean State
05/24/17 8:02 pm

It will have to come from the government or some entity. If you cut them off, there will be class warfare. The number of people with money will shrink and the discrepancy between the haves and have nots will increase.

05/24/17 8:12 pm

How will it come from the government if no one is working, thus no one is paying taxes?

Bobnpt The Ocean State
05/25/17 4:51 am

That is the question!!!! It has to come from somewhere and the current model will not support it.

rons WOKE is sick
05/23/17 5:58 am

Wiping out ISIS member and their families.

lorraineruth Bozeman
05/24/17 10:42 pm

Even young children? I don't think I could do that.

thatguy2 We tried to warn you
05/23/17 5:57 am

Religion is a cancer on the planet.

05/24/17 4:34 pm

Would you be open minded enough that you would be willing to read an article that sums up what religion does that is good for society?

rons WOKE is sick
05/23/17 5:58 am

And killing the raptors.

Izzynius
05/23/17 5:49 am

Also, please no attacking each other. Let's keep this friendly.

Izzynius
05/23/17 5:47 am

That aliens affected human evolution. Whether actually bio-engineering them or just helping them with technology later on. Ancient aliens stuff.

musicotic Michigan
05/23/17 5:46 am

Communism is the future of the world

musicotic Michigan