gluxford1 May 23rd, 2017 4:06am

A Phoenix couple is about to go on trial for the torture & murder of their 10-year-old niece. The girl was padlocked in a box & slowly suffocated to death. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty. If convicted, what sentence would you give them?

CMD1973 Oxford iowa
05/29/17 6:35 am

As horrible as their crime is, I still would recommend life imprisonment without any possibility of parole. They will suffer more with the pain of what they did for the rest of their life. We can always learn from these sick individuals what makes them tick so to prevent future occurrences. It is less expense. Years of incarceration are cheaper than paying for the long appeal process for those on death row.

bluerum29 optimistic idealist
05/28/17 9:03 am

Don't waste resources on them, just end it, now.

GrandMaster New York
05/27/17 8:43 pm

Those creeps deserve he death penalty, not the sissy lethal injections; take hem behind the court house and fire a twelve gauge at their heads.

croopertrooper Greater Cincinnati Area
05/23/17 1:22 pm

Life. I'm against the death penalty.

Zach21 California
05/23/17 10:24 am

Death. I hope they rot in hell.

Parke BlueLivesMatter
05/23/17 6:31 am

I honestly wouldn't mind if they did the same exact thing back to them

Parke BlueLivesMatter
05/23/17 5:09 pm

If they do just go to prison, I hope they supply them with lots of slippery soap bars! (That's a horrible joke😂)

MrMilkdud
05/23/17 5:55 am

Life in a small box.

Neighinator Ohio
05/23/17 5:44 am

I'm thinking death. My opinion on the death penalty changes a lot, but I'm saying death. My libertarian side is telling me that the government being able to take civilians' lives is horrible, but my moral side is thinking fiery death. (Fire optional) If I was a Christian, I would say that they would suffer one way or another.

PlumumpkinOgre City Beautiful, Sunshine
05/23/17 5:35 am

The details of the case are horrid and what they did is reprehensible and condemnable a million times over.

They probably deserve to die. But they should rot behind bars. It shouldn't be humanity's place to determine who gets to live and who dies. It should not be within the government's capabilities to kill its citizens no matter the offense.

Life imprisonment is a worse punishment.

FarmerManE djent
05/23/17 5:15 am

Put em in jail with a sign around their neck showing what they've done. After the inmates best them to death, send them to death row

presrvd Phoenix
05/23/17 4:21 am

I'm not generally an advocate for the death penalty (I don't necessarily oppose it, either), but I have some pretty severe issues with those who would knowingly and willfully apply harm to a child. These beasts need to be put out of everyone's misery. Sadistic fucks.

jfish82285 Tennessean in Colorado
05/23/17 3:53 am

Life imprisonment. There is no case horrid enough for me to advocate for the death penalty.

WaffleBrainz Indiana
05/23/17 4:38 am

really? because torturing a child to its death sounds like an appropriate case.

jfish82285 Tennessean in Colorado
05/23/17 4:58 am

Not in my book. While that is indeed reprehensible beyond words, I still do not support the death penalty in any case.

kspells TheOtherOtherside
05/23/17 3:37 am

I can't advocate for having executioners on the payroll. It just makes us look bad. By this time humanity really should be more evolved. So, we are not, let's not regress. We need to stop death penalty public executions. So gross. If the victim's family want them to die let them do the killing. I have no problem with that.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
05/23/17 4:17 am

That's even more primitive. I have long lost faith in humanity.

kspells TheOtherOtherside
05/23/17 6:21 am

Society as a whole can act more appropriately than individuals. Deviant individuals don't need to dictate low standards for society. Why should we pay someone to kill the convicted for the people who seek the death penalty. If you are for the death penalty, you're going to have to do it yourself.

PointB Libertarian Centrist
05/23/17 3:28 am

I would have them taken out back and shot like the dogs they are.

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
05/23/17 2:57 am

I would sentence them to life in a padlocked box, however long that may be.

The horror and depravity of the adults is shocking to the core. That child was abandoned by all of them, including child services. She should have been removed from that household years before her death, as should have all of the children.

I am deeply troubled by reports that the other children in the household would set her up to receive punishment.

What has happened /will happen to them?

thebest539
05/23/17 4:31 am

That would be the best actually. People need to feel what they did to other people when we execute them.

rmg1992 Erie, PA
05/23/17 1:57 am

That is disgusting. I think they should get the death penalty.

NKarta Please excuse my sanity
05/23/17 12:21 am

Put em in jail, tell everyone why they are there, and let the inmates sort them out. I hear that people in prison for this kind of stuff dont last very long. (Idk if thats just urban legend though)

Praetorianus Fair enough.
05/23/17 12:31 am

I like to keep it straight. Maximum punishment yes but no prison mob rule.
That's why such prisoners are often in isolation/protective custody.
I want law and order, no more, no less.

NKarta Please excuse my sanity
05/23/17 7:06 am

No, people like that deserve death. My method denies them the option to appeal on death row forever.

Suzan Hawaii
05/23/17 12:09 am

My godson had the worst preschool experience ever. If he was naughty they put them in a box. He hates school now

05/23/17 12:11 am

Jeez! That sounds awful! I hope someone sued or shut down that preschool. That kind of conduct is not acceptable.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
05/23/17 12:12 am

Preschool isn't mandatory or is it? I would have taken him out at first occurrence.

Suzan Hawaii
05/23/17 12:20 am

I begged the parents to remove him they would not. You have no idea what this little boy has been through.

Suzan Hawaii
05/23/17 12:20 am

I reported it everywhere that I possibly could. I spoke to the head of the school. I've told every Parent in school teacher I've seen since then. There are two preschools and why that should be closed now.

Suzan Hawaii
05/23/17 12:08 am

Death by box suffocation.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/22/17 11:32 pm

WOW! The story is SO much worse than just reading the poll, Glux! EVERY single adult in her life failed her miserably! I also think the mother that abandoned her to all these people should be charged! I can't imagine leaving an abusive situation and leaving my child in it to suffer!

05/22/17 11:36 pm

Agreed, 4JC! Well said!!

lorraineruth Bozeman
05/22/17 10:44 pm

That's cruel. I hope they get death, or put in a really shitty jail.

05/22/17 10:58 pm

They will most likely get death. Arizona is a conservative state with a tough-on-crime reputation. Juries, prosecutors, and judges in Maricopa County (home to the Phoenix metro area) tend to be very willing to pursue and hand down death sentences to heinous criminals like these two.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
05/22/17 11:18 pm

It may be difficult since there was no intent to kill.
A good defense may be able to dial the charges down to negligent homicide.

05/22/17 11:20 pm

Doubtful. This was first-degree murder, plain and simple.

4boot LaTrineodeur, MN
05/22/17 10:43 pm

Live into coffins, then bury them...

evoecon nearest binary system
05/22/17 10:21 pm

A life sentence in a box for a 10 year old.

DunkinFrunk Austin area, Texas
05/22/17 10:20 pm

I'm against the death penalty, so life with no chance of parole is what I would recommend.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
05/22/17 9:43 pm

Assuming I support the death penalty, this is a case where I'd certainly ask for it.
No excuse at all for this.

05/22/17 9:45 pm

And what if you were on the jury?

Praetorianus Fair enough.
05/22/17 9:55 pm

I'd have to recuse myself.
In cases where the death penalty is sought, jurors who categorically oppose it are disqualified unless they lie and I wouldn't. I may be against it but wouldn't lie to save their lives.

missmorganmarie ...
05/22/17 9:28 pm

can they suffocate to death?

05/22/17 9:43 pm

If Arizona still used the gas chamber for executions, yes. But we replaced the gas chamber with lethal injection in 1992 through voter referendum. Although, I think most Arizonans would support replacing lethal injection with the firing squad nowadays. Lethal injection has become too costly and unreliable.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/22/17 11:33 pm

Lethal injection is too easy of a death, imho.

PrinceOberyn Here I am Here I Remain
05/22/17 9:18 pm

Crucifixion. Fucking monsters.

ranger13 Texas
05/22/17 9:17 pm

I would sentence them to death. No one should ever be treated that way. Especially a child.

05/22/17 9:10 pm

I would sentence them both to death. This was one of the worst child abuse cases in Phoenix's history. Before being padlocked in the box that would later become her coffin, 10-year-old Ame Deal was force-fed dog poop and hot sauce, kicked in the face, beaten with a wooden paddle, and forcibly dunked in a cold swimming pool. People this evil have forfeited the right to be on this earth. Hang them high and may they burn in hell.

Fank BUILD THAT WALL
05/22/17 10:40 pm

I agree these type of people are the scum of the earth and don't deserve to be alive for another second. Or actually maybe they should get tortured to death.

05/22/17 11:04 pm

I don't care how they get executed, just as long as it gets done. We need to get going with our executions anyhow. They've been on hold for far too long because of frivolous lawsuits brought forth by death row inmates. We should just switch to the firing squad or hanging. Lethal injection is far too inefficient.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/22/17 11:35 pm

How do you feel about the electric chair, Glux?

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/22/17 11:39 pm

Me, too. I personally think we should go back to public hangings where parents brought their kids to show them what happens when you don't live up to society's laws!

I'm also in favor of making trouble making kids tour jails/prisons to see where they're going to end up if they don't get it together!

05/22/17 11:41 pm

Public hangings would probably be more of a deterrent as well.

Neighinator Ohio
05/23/17 5:38 am

Public hangings is a little....uh sadistic? I think it would be a little scarring if you showed a lifeless body with a noose in its neck to them.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/23/17 4:54 pm

No, you don't show a lifeless body to them. People in the old west took their kids to the public hangings and had them watch them so the kids would know what would happen to them if they chose a life of crime. It was a teachable moment.

05/23/17 4:56 pm

Public Hangings is one of the things that tamed the West. It brought law and order to an otherwise lawless land.

jarod California
05/22/17 9:09 pm

Give them death.

05/22/17 9:12 pm

Agreed. Jury selection has already begun for the trial. The details of the crime are bone-chilling (see above). Reading about it shocked me to my core. There is no way to describe it other than pure evil.

jarod California
05/22/17 9:15 pm

Oh my. That is sickening. Dog feces? Beaten with a wooden paddle? What has society come to?

05/22/17 9:15 pm

Hell. Society has gone to hell.

jarod California
05/22/17 9:17 pm

It disgusts me that people would do that, especially to a little girl - their family member.

No question they need the death penelty.

05/22/17 9:18 pm

Cases like this is what flipped me on the issue of the death penalty. I used to be opposed to executions, but once you've read and studied as many murder cases as I have (including the gritty details), it's hard to not support the death penalty afterwards.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/22/17 11:36 pm

One thing I didn't understand from the story, Glux---all those other relatives that are serving sentences for child abuse--was that over this girl, or other instances with other children?

05/22/17 11:39 pm

It was all over this girl. It sounds like all this girl ever knew in her short life was cruelty.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/22/17 11:41 pm

Were all those adults living in one home?

05/23/17 12:11 am

Probably not. In these kinds of situations, the child is usually moved from house to house.

Izzynius Independent
05/22/17 9:06 pm

Life in prison.

05/22/17 9:13 pm

See further details of the crime above and tell me if that changes your mind. This crime was particularly heinous.