thebest539 May 23rd, 2017 2:59am

(Sorry to sound like a biased poll) Do you think it is weird that democrats would rather kill an innocent baby (abortion) than kill a criminal (their stance on the death penalty)?

RussianThunder Russia and USA
05/28/17 11:29 am

I'm not in support of either but this is comparing apples and oranges.

FieryFury America
05/25/17 7:11 pm

I'm curious, those who are for abortion -- howcome, no one cares when the embryos are killed at clinics but are up in arms when they find out a mom did her own abortion without the use of a clinic and call for the woman to go to jail. Look it up online. I've seen it a few times.

Explain your thinking please?

abusara i drink and i know things
05/23/17 1:22 pm

No more weird than republicans crying over the sanctity of life being pro death penalty.

thebest539
05/23/17 7:01 pm

The life of a criminal isn't precious they deserve to die if they killed people.

FieryFury America
05/25/17 7:07 pm

Would u rather the person die a quick death or be forced to serve a life sentence? I'd rather see a murderer who killed someone in their 20s, be forced to live in prison til they die instead of killing them. Killing them is the easy way out for them. Forcing them to live in jail for 50+ years is complete torture.

Greenie Social Democrat
05/23/17 4:50 am

If you want to put it in those terms, then yes. I believe abortion should be legal and the death penalty should be illegal.

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
05/23/17 4:34 am

There is no conflict. People who are pro-choice do not believe or see a pregnancy as being the same as a child who has been born. The developing embryo is a proto-child. A child-in-waiting, like an unbaked cake, and it is the woman's discretion whether to carry to term or not.

People who are pro-birth (sorry but nothing in their rhetoric supports life, just birth) insist that a developing embryo in the womb is equivalent to a babe in arms and deserving of the same protections and considerations under the law.

Suzan Hawaii
05/23/17 12:10 am

The behavior proves it

think4yourself Not a safe space
05/22/17 11:33 pm

Yes but hypocrisy, attacking the innocent, and defending evil is their thing so it does not surprise me.

lorraineruth Bozeman
05/22/17 10:56 pm

No because many don't see a fetus as a living human yet, where an adult is obviously alive.

PrinceOberyn Here I am Here I Remain
05/22/17 10:31 pm

If it makes you feel any better, I'm pro-choice (by virtue of not giving a fuck) and pro-death penalty....

Praetorianus Fair enough.
05/22/17 11:22 pm

I'm your diametric opposite.
Double pro life.

Carolynn new jersey
05/22/17 10:21 pm

I'd like to answer your question, since I'm pro choice. Both sides see the unborn very differently, especially in the first trimester. When you hear terms used like "embryo" or "clump of cells" this is not to dehumanize or desensitize anyone to the issue of abortion. The terms are used because pro choicers actually see a big difference between an embryo and a baby. Prolifers see no difference no matter what stage it's at.

evoecon nearest binary system
05/22/17 10:29 pm

How are you and I, as a clump of cells, different than the unborn?

Does develop stop at birth? If not, how is that post birth development different?

It is only different when the fetus is dehumanized.

Carolynn new jersey
05/22/17 10:35 pm

I'm not trying to dehumanize anything. I just want to explain how I see it.

I see myself as different than an embryo. It's two different stages of development.

Carolynn new jersey
05/23/17 8:12 am

More like an egg and a chicken.

Advil sc
05/22/17 10:04 pm

I have often wondered what reasoning process liberals, i.e. Democrats, use to justify their positions. For the most part, history has proven liberal ideas to be failures.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
05/22/17 9:51 pm

They'll probably argue that a criminal has a fully developed personality and is completely aware of their predicament.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
05/22/17 9:34 pm

Yes, absolutely! It's unconscious hypocrisy.

Fungi Charlotte NC
05/22/17 8:56 pm

No. That is very consistent with many thoughts coming from the left.