ArdentNerdyGirl May 22nd, 2017 2:46pm

The shot I need would cost me $1300 every month if I got it. Do you go without medication due to it being unaffordable?

shygal47 Florida east coast
05/22/17 2:43 pm

No - but to date I have been very fortunate that the company I retired from assured me of continued full-coverage of prescription drugs for life.

Zfilakas Eleftheria i Thanatos
05/22/17 1:51 pm

Haven't you heard the news?? Healthcare is available to everyone! But if you can't afford it, fuck you, it's your fault for being poor!

Malekithe Bedrock
05/22/17 3:41 pm

Wrong. Obamacare fixed everything

Celadonne ballfield
05/22/17 11:12 am

no insurance? just curious. I'm very sorry to hear.

ArdentNerdyGirl USA
05/22/17 11:42 am

Yes. I'm in college for my masters degree so I'm still under my parents insurance. We almost switched to my mother's, but neither will cover the shot. :( We have repealed and doctors have fought them but the insurance companies won't budge. Not what I expected after I had just turned 18. I still can't afford it, though.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
05/22/17 8:00 am

No but my family is very lucky.

See if the manufacturer has coupons. Then talk to your chemist about any savings clubs they might have where more could be knocked off.

My brother takes a very expensive medication. My mother found a coupon online. Then found a coupon that had no expiration that let you have it for seven days for $7. She asked if she could continue using it. A drug that our copay alone would be $890 a month for became $7 a week or $28 a month. She just has to fill it every week. Walgreens even fills it automatically for her now. The chemist said most people don't know about coupons and manufacturer coupons. We didn't know enough not to ask, I guess.

ArdentNerdyGirl USA
05/22/17 8:28 am

I had no clue about this. I will ask. I have emailed the CEO of the company many times to no prevail, so that is a good thought. Thank you. 🖤

RussianThunder Russia and USA
05/22/17 8:40 am

Ask your doctor as well. They sometimes get coupons and forget they even have them.

ArdentNerdyGirl USA
05/22/17 11:43 am

My doctor tried to fight and repeal the insurance companies decision, but they wouldn't budge. They said if we wanted a discount we would need to take that up with the CEO of the company. I never got a response from the company.

lcamino Florida and Georgia
05/22/17 10:46 pm

GoodRX has saved me a lot of money.

Brand name coupons are on the drug company's websites.

Changing or adding an additional code can help get treatment covered by insurance. I take a shot that is almost $3,000. Someone in the business department spent an hour on the phone, and finally got them to cover it by adding an additional code.

musicotic Michigan
05/22/17 7:48 am

This is the kind of stuff that will happen to Americans if the AHCA goes through.

ArdentNerdyGirl USA
05/22/17 8:28 am

It's already bad. It'll only get worse for me, in my opinion.