Zomb1ePoptart Golden, Colorado
05/21/17 10:38 pm

I was originally getting my degree in jazz composition when I attended university before I switched majors. Fun stuff, still play and compose all the time as a hobby.

DoctorWasdarb Decolonize
05/21/17 7:42 pm

Nope.

What kind of communism are you into?

musicotic Michigan
05/22/17 4:40 am

Left Communism. That's why my tag says Left Communism.

DoctorWasdarb Decolonize
05/22/17 5:08 am

All communism is left. What's your dream for a post revolutionary society, how do you believe a revolution should be handled, etc.

musicotic Michigan
05/22/17 5:28 am

Yes, but Left Communism is a specific form of communism in direct opposition to the communism espoused in the Soviet Union. It is more authoritarian than Anarcho-communism but more libertarian than Luxemburgism. Largely worker focused, workers councils, along with standard communist practices.

DoctorWasdarb Decolonize
05/22/17 5:38 am

Is there a state, or is the primary form of hierarchy within local councils?

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
05/21/17 7:14 pm

Took a class at the University of Washington

sanfilippo12 Minarchist Republican
05/21/17 5:26 pm

I just graduated with my Bachelors in Music Theory a couple weeks ago. Pursuing my Masters next! I want to teach music Theory at the collegiate level as my career.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/22/17 1:16 am

@tlaney1 can you please explain this to RT? I took music theory in elementary school, but that's been so long ago that I can't remember how to describe it! Lol

musicotic Michigan
05/22/17 4:41 am

It's studying the notes you play, the expression you play them with, the rhythm you play them with, etc.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
05/22/17 7:10 am

So, it's jaz vs country, vs blues, vs rock, etc? Some music makes you feel happy and some sad.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/22/17 1:03 pm

Thanks, music.

Not necessarily, RT. My piano teacher mainly taught jazz.

It's learning all the notes, and how to play them, and how loud or soft, how quickly or slowly.

I had a hard time transitioning from jazz to hymns when I started attending church because jazz has some chords, but a lot of running trills, also, whereas hymns are almost always chords only.

That might be a simplistic explanation because I only took a few years of lessons, and I'm assuming music might have a degree in music, as does tlaney1.

CrzyChica
05/21/17 4:58 pm

Yep. Undergrad, masters, and doctoral classes. I teach ear training in the summer at several universities.👍🏻

ctskapski x
05/21/17 4:52 pm

Not professionally, but yes. I have extensively studied it as a hobby.