rebelfury76 May 21st, 2017 7:28pm

Do you think Donald really wanted the presidency?

Liberty 4,032,064
05/21/17 6:11 pm

It's definitely a step down for him in terms of income, lifestyle, and workload. That said, I think that he believed he could come in on a white horse and fix everything in a couple years and that everyone would buy into his ideas. Time will tell.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
05/21/17 5:20 pm

I doubt it.

He said something the other day about how the democrats should have won. He did go on to talk about the electoral college but I think he really thought he could run and ultimately he would lose but gain so much notoriety that the investment would pay off. Just as they say Hillary was shocked she lost that night, I think he was shocked he won.

followingsea Illinois is
05/21/17 5:05 pm

Idk, we seldom talk.

Diogenes FreeMeBe
05/21/17 3:18 pm

No. He always said he'd run for office only if he realized the people running for the office were unqualified.

LibArtie SW Connecticut
05/21/17 1:18 pm

I don't know if he wanted the job but I think he regrets it. Trump is exceptionally lazy and this job requires work.

Diogenes FreeMeBe
05/21/17 3:19 pm

You're crazy if you think Don is lazy. You're smarter than that, LArtie.

asia
05/21/17 3:21 pm

He is lazy and unwilling to learn.

LibArtie SW Connecticut
05/21/17 3:41 pm

I was prepared for that response. Lazy means having to do things you don't want to. It has nothing to do with energy.

ScottyDoesNo Stand back and stand by
05/21/17 1:12 pm

You idiots who say he never really wanted it, you do realize the Presidency was a step DOWN for him, right? Air Force One, White House, income... all huge downgrade for him.

He did this because he selflessly loves the American people and truly wants to Make America Great Again!

willg basically Dulles Airport
05/21/17 2:53 pm

The White is no Trump Tower, but how many businessmen (save a precious few who invented something remarkable) can you name from antiquity. Can you name the three most important business owners of the Greeks, Romans, Egyptians, Chinese? Can you name the most famous leaders? The White House may not be the swankiest abode (stilllllll pretty damn nice) but it's considered the most powerful position on earth. Motives (MAGA/ or otherwise aside) you cannot sell this entirely as a Step Back. It's just not. He may in his heart of hearts have no interest in the legacy or power, albeit it harder to believe from a guy who has named every single product he's been involved in after himself, and if that is the case I bet he finds this job all the more frustrating and less rewarding as he has been persecuted and foiled in attempts to effect change.

Carolynn new jersey
05/21/17 12:46 pm

I honestly think he had it on his crazy bucket list and just wanted to give it a shot. I don't think he fully understood what he was getting himself into.

bluerum29 optimistic idealist
05/21/17 12:35 pm

With his ego, to be part of that select group, he absolutely wanted it

willg basically Dulles Airport
05/21/17 12:34 pm

If he wanted it, he didn't know what it really was and regrets wanting it.

willg basically Dulles Airport
05/21/17 2:40 pm

First this topic is all speculation so the coyness is silly, how do YOU know your point? If you disagree a simple "why do you feel that way" would suffice. To answer why I speculate the way I do: He has been so frustrated by how "unfairly" he has been treated, his reactions, his lack of understanding of how his actions (executive orders about travel or firing Comey) would be perceived and how badly he is said to have taken that, then his own admissions that things are not happening at the speed and with the ease he wants them too, it's frustrating him. He's a 70+ year old man whose always been able to make things happen at his speed, and largely without much substantial criticism, and now he's the leader of the free world and most powerful person on earth and he's neutered by congress or the judiciary or the evening news. He shows all signs of not liking what he's gotten into, but he does have an ego so big he'd never quit on it.

ezh2o Texas Hill Country
05/21/17 5:07 pm

I disagree with your assessment of President Trump . . . You seem to disapprove of him because he does thing a little differently. Get over it.

willg basically Dulles Airport
05/21/17 5:25 pm

I didn't say I disapproved of a single thing, I am stating fact that he has been stifled by the system more than he expected, that as a result is frustrating him. How he goes about changing policy is his call, and so far he's tried a number of paths executive orders, actual law writing (AHCA), soon he will see things changed by his SCOTUS nominee, and also just asking agencies to not enforce Obama era directives (IRS with respect to ACA) which are crafty and diverse. He is trying everything he can think of, I don't have to agree/disagree with those methods to make a statement about how it seems to be effecting him.

ezh2o Texas Hill Country
05/21/17 7:27 pm

So what your saying is it is your opinion and that's fine . . .

willg basically Dulles Airport
05/21/17 9:05 pm

It is my reasonable opinion, I feel like he was under prepared for what the trade off between successful rich businessman and the world of being constantly surveilled, constantly scrutinized, and endlessly responsible to others. I don't think I am that far off, but it feels like your opinion differs a good bit, what's your reason for feeling that I am misjudging the situation?

rebelfury76 No Justice, No Peace
05/21/17 9:06 pm

Oh ez please do let us be there when you accept you got duped. Just like the Dems did with Obama.