SticksandStones May 21st, 2017 4:57pm

For almost every poll where one side calls out another's hypocrisy, that side also engaged in hypocrisy on the exact same issue. See the comments for an example if it doesn't make sense.

liam2013 iowa
05/22/17 6:32 pm

Yes of course. However, if I see something which I feel is wrong, I should be able to point it out even though I am myself am not perfect.

FriendsWithDems
05/21/17 8:56 pm

It's easier to point out other people issues. I wish that we practiced live and let live more.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
05/21/17 6:16 pm

We can all be hypocritical and perhaps justify it even to ourselves. It's part of being human

pietsch Another Adoring Fan
05/21/17 4:28 pm

Because our pathetic politicians are a bunch of wormy hypocrites really doesn't mean we are -- we are just trying to understand this incredibly ridiculous mess they have created as it is presented to us by liars, psychos and propagandists. It's a terrible situation for all of us.

SticksandStones Stop fearmongering
05/21/17 3:52 pm

You don't care about hypocrisy? Well then I'm sure I'd be correct in assuming you're either a democrat or a republican, seeing as that trait is pretty common amongst them.

followingsea Illinois is
05/21/17 5:24 pm

Yep, and your excuse is ? Since asking?

SticksandStones Stop fearmongering
05/21/17 8:02 pm

My excuse for what? I'm neither a democrat nor a republican and I try to keep my hypocrisy to the minimum. I see that both sides are extremely hypocritical, so I point it out. I really have no idea what you're trying to communicate here.

followingsea Illinois is
05/21/17 8:33 pm

Queer mackerel snapper, sorry you are an expert ; )

SticksandStones Stop fearmongering
05/21/17 8:55 pm

You're not even making sense anymore. I won't waste anymore of my time with your nonsense. Have a nice day!

chinito Florida
05/21/17 10:12 am

I agree 100%

chinito Florida
05/21/17 10:16 am

Republicans: Obama spied on Trump
Democrats: There is no evidence. You are a liar how could you talk like that without any evidence...

Democrats: Trump colluded with the Russians:
Republicans: There is no evidence. You are a liar how could you talk like that without any evidence...

Kay41 the Midwest
05/21/17 10:25 am

You hit the nail on the head. So true! And, this is just one example of many, many others.

SticksandStones Stop fearmongering
05/21/17 3:52 pm

Those are much better examples than mine, haha.

SticksandStones Stop fearmongering
05/21/17 10:02 am

"Well the left freaked out when people made fun of Obama's skin color, but then do the same about Trump."

"The right is defending Trump's selling of arms to Saudi Arabia, but freaked out when Obama did it."

For each of these statements, the other side engaged in hypocrisy as well. The right attacked Obama for his skin color and the left defended Obama's selling of arms. These probably aren't the best examples and I'm generalizing here, but I'm in a rush and hopefully people are intelligent enough to look past that and see the broader issue.

BluePillows
05/21/17 7:01 pm

I agree both sides have been hypocritical in many instances. Rather than defend our party just because the other party did it before and now are being hypocritical, we should instead demand our own party do what's right even if the other was in the wrong before. We should demand consistency not bend just because others 'walked off the bridge first.'

devspi Liberal Republican
05/21/17 10:00 am

This is so true. I guess that's the only way Congress represent their constituents. They reflect our hypocrisy