mtdewbob May 21st, 2017 11:06am

From the Harvard Kennedy School Shorenstein Center Research and Study Group: Tone of President Trump's news coverage negative to positive, CNN, NBC 93% to 7%, CBS 91% to 9%, FoxNews 52% to 48%. Which news is fair and balanced?🤔

PositumNuntiare Polling with Statistics
05/22/17 8:41 pm

Forgetting about journalism, any study like this is interesting because it requires the authors to quantify something that is almost intangibly unquantifiable. How do you measure "good" and "bad?" Those a highly subjective words that are difficult to quantify even with say minutes of air time because they are so vague to begin to define.

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
05/22/17 6:06 am

Journalism died with the invention of the 24 hour new channels. They are all so intent on being first, responsibility goes out the window. And now it's "if it bleeds, it leads" mentality. It's biased, intrusive, and can be annoying. People's attention span are so short they care more about Kim Kardashian then Syria.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
05/21/17 5:58 pm

NBC had 7% good things to say? I'm surprised the number is that high.

JudicialJedi321 This is How Liberty Dies
05/21/17 10:11 am

True. Fox is the only news source I even remotely trust.

pcisbs1 Baltimore to Central PA
05/21/17 8:53 am

91% of journalists are registered Democrats...let that sink in

asia
05/21/17 7:50 am

Fox news is biased beyond belief and promulgates lies. That's what their audience wants so that's what they get.

mtdewbob Arizona
05/21/17 7:53 am

You do understand that the study group from Harvard is a liberal study group and research center. The research center from Harbor is liberals and I gave you the research that they came up with and the percentages thereof. So your biases, go right out the window

asia
05/21/17 3:19 pm

See Corino's post below

Jazzy5 USA
05/21/17 7:08 am

My only argument with the poll question, was the use of "news"
I would use the word tabloids!

Think Lovin Life
05/21/17 7:23 am

Jazz ... at least you can admit the bias of the foaming-at- the-mouth leftist media outlets, even if you tried to shroud that conclusion in distraction.

Jazzy5 USA
05/21/17 7:48 am

Think: journalism is dead.
I remember good journalism, news reporting, it was once an amazing source of information. Now it is ratings? Nothing more..
Truth in media, is a joke!

Think Lovin Life
05/21/17 11:24 am

Jazz ... I get that you're a drama queen, but take a breath. The problem
Didn't start and won't end with the only conservative voice on the air.

The problem has existed always and with citizens who challenge the lies, there will always ways of finding the truth. You may just not get it on the silver platter.

corino Utah
05/21/17 6:51 am

Just because you're providing 50/50 news coverage does not mean you are accurately reporting reality. I don't expect CNN to provide 50% positive news coverage of a Sunami.

Egad, you made me stand up for Democrats and the liberal media. I have to go take a shower.

Think Lovin Life
05/21/17 7:23 am

... tsunami ...

3017 the world is shit
05/21/17 5:52 am

fox news is the most manipulative thing I may have ever seen- the new casters speak directly to YOU, they spit out hateful lies that are all for the wrong things and really try and get at your emotions. I could totally see how if you watch that once a day you could become a brainwashed "fox zombie"... it's quite scary

Think Lovin Life
05/21/17 7:24 am

30 ... the truth often feels like hate to snowflakes.

3017 the world is shit
05/21/17 7:30 am

I can assure you I'm not afraid of the truth, what I am afraid of is people hating the wrong things, believing propaganda and giving into the the fear mongering bully that is fox news and our president

Think Lovin Life
05/21/17 7:33 am

30 ... you can assure all you want, but the truth doesn't care about your feelings. The only reason you see fear mongering on Fox is because you absorb all the fear mongering on the other outlets as gospel. To somehow suggest that the far more biased leftist outlets don't traffic in fear is to show your cluelessness. It also suggests you been reading too much of leftist prop rather than watching Fox to form your own opinion. Oops!

3017 the world is shit
05/21/17 7:40 am

I actually turned on fox news two days ago and it was all a deflection of the current government by relating everything back to president Obama. Although I thought that Obama was one of the best presidents, opinions aside, Obama is no longer relevant and I find it extremely odd the whole focus of the bit I watched was centered around Obama's mistakes and failed to mention any relevant news but rather what's "wrong with the democrats"

Think Lovin Life
05/21/17 7:43 am

30 ... pathetic! You clear have no context. Were you too young to watch TV when the former loser-in-chief, MrO was first in office? For eight years, MrO and his cronies excused one failure after another as Mr Bush's fault.

The media that you appear to adore, were the loudest cheerleaders for MrO's
, in spite of his inability to lead.