kletcht May 20th, 2017 2:52pm

According to the Bible a person with the gift of tongues will speak and all will hear, simultaneously the message, in the language and exact dialect of their home region.

kletcht
05/22/17 8:51 am

After researching the differences between the gift of tongues and the gift of interpretation, I have decided to invalidate the statement. My apologies.

Suzan Hawaii
05/20/17 9:29 pm

One will have the gift of tongues and the other will have the interpretation.

pietsch Another Adoring Fan
05/20/17 5:16 pm

A lot of ugliness in the comments. A lot of ignorance in the comments.

Desensitized
05/20/17 11:35 am

Yes Trump makes a speech and its dubbed in every language.

05/20/17 8:56 am

A person will speak in tongues and people will receive that message in their own language. The person speaking in tongues doesn't know what they are saying. Typically someone will interpret the message for clarification shortly after. I have personally experienced this in worship.

krayzewolf New Hampshire
05/20/17 9:47 am

Citation needed.

05/20/17 9:57 am

Ha! It's a real life experience. Get real!

krayzewolf New Hampshire
05/20/17 10:02 am

So just your word and no proof?

05/20/17 10:12 am

Well I guess you can read the book of Acts in the Bible. Teach you all about it.

krayzewolf New Hampshire
05/20/17 4:02 pm

The bible doesn't validate your religion. To say the bible is proof of Christianity, is akin to saying that the Koran is proof of Islam.

This is why not everyone believes in your or other religions.

If you can understand why you do not believe in other religions and easily dismiss them, you should know that others see your religion the same way.

05/20/17 4:14 pm

The Bible is the living word. It's all the truth I need. It's not my place to judge what others experience spiritually. I have the common decency to not disrespect other people's experiences.

3017 the world is shit
05/20/17 8:55 am

people with the "gift of tongues" should seek medical help to treat their mental disorder

05/20/17 8:56 am

Wrong! You are way off!

3017 the world is shit
05/20/17 9:04 am

please explain it to me then because i had an understanding tongues is just random babble a person spits out as they believe an all knowing and all seeing being (that was invented during the stone age when people believed sea monsters were an actual threat and had to make things up to explain the simplest things such as why rain falls) selected them out of the billions of people in the world to just speak gibberish and make random sounds that they cannot even decipher on their own

05/20/17 9:14 am

Yeah because that is a credible, rational explanation that a person would logically accept.

3017 the world is shit
05/20/17 9:17 am

exactly my point, my definition proves this belief is irrational so please explain it to me

05/20/17 9:19 am

When a person is worshiping the Lord and the Lord sees fit he uses them to communicate to the group (engaged in worship with them) he pours his Holy Spirit upon them and they speak in tongues. Which means a language they do not know but a message is meant for someone or some people to hear. After some time passes an interpreter will speak this message to the group for understanding.

05/20/17 9:22 am

There is a warm presence in the church or wherever you are worshiping and you can feel something is upon you. It's a very warm and calming presence. You feel enlightened when you are done with the service. It's something you have to fully experience to completely understand.

05/20/17 9:25 am

Missionaries have been in countries that don't know English and have heard people speak perfect English and not known what they said.

3017 the world is shit
05/20/17 9:26 am

if this "lord" of yours were to exist (which in my opinion its all bullshit but whatever not the point lol) and they had all the power in the world and could communicate through people 1) why wouldnt "he" do it in their language 2) why wouldnt "he" just probe everyone into believing in "him" 3) why wouldn't "he" show "himself" and prove to everyone "he" exists and make his message clearer than people just trying to interpret this unnecessary babble also i would love to see a source for the last comment you wrote hah

05/20/17 9:32 am

You don't believe so he won't show himself to you. He shows himself to those who seek him. Hence they engage in worship. Seeing isn't believing. Believing is seeing.

05/20/17 9:34 am

Also he is a gracious Lord who doesn't come unless you ask him, seek him. He's not like a person who would force you to believe. He allows you to seek him, chose him.

3017 the world is shit
05/20/17 9:37 am

honestly let's say this being exists: in my opinion "he" sounds like a manipulative asshole like i mean really he only shows "himself" to people who believe in him hah what kid of game is that and "he" also created hate, division, human nature, rape, global warming, death, destruction etc. so why do you worship this thing?? Also it's not gracious to threaten people saying if they don't believe they will never reach heaven- that's again a manipulation game

05/20/17 9:43 am

You sound like a snotty child. You don't get it and I feel like it's a waste of my time.

3017 the world is shit
05/20/17 9:46 am

lol ok, you're right i don't get it and you attempting to make it sound like a real thing is just increasing the ludicrousness of the situation, but i do appreciate your effort and hope you have a nice day ☀️

krayzewolf New Hampshire
05/20/17 9:46 am

I agree with 3017 on all points.

If the god of Abraham actually existed, it would still not be worthy of worship, as it was portrayed as a vile monster that fed off of the misery of humans.

3017 the world is shit
05/20/17 9:50 am

totally agree 👍🏻👏🏻 the only time i am able to physically understand WHY a person could believe in such a ridiculous thing is when a person ONLY has god and has nothing else to believe in whether they are homeless, in jail etc.

05/20/17 9:50 am

You know all the good things in life?

Yeah that's God.

krayzewolf New Hampshire
05/20/17 9:52 am

So if all good things are from your god, is all bad things from your devil?

3017 the world is shit
05/20/17 9:54 am

all the good things in MY life are from my family, my friends and my accomplishments all of which have nothing to do with "god" and it saddens me to think that you are unable to credit your success and accomplishments for yourself

05/20/17 9:58 am

Where did your family come from?

It saddens me that you are so full of hate.

krayzewolf New Hampshire
05/20/17 10:02 am

So not believing in your deity means that they are full of hate?

05/20/17 10:14 am

No. Believing evil is God's will and not being thankful for all he has given you despite your hate.

krayzewolf New Hampshire
05/20/17 10:25 am

What hate? How does one hate a fictional character?

3017 the world is shit
05/20/17 10:57 am

my family is jewish and has taught me great values and respect my belief in no god. you speak of hate but more people have been killed and discriminated against in the name of god than any other problem to have ever existed