johonmilla May 20th, 2017 2:37pm

Do you consider InfoWars and Alex Jones to be a reliable news source?

Wert A picture of my junk
05/20/17 12:09 pm

Is this a serious question?

commonsense America isnt racist
05/20/17 10:03 am

No, they are political pundits. Like Sean hannity, Anderson cooper., Steven Colbert, Rachael madow ,etc.

LibArtie SW Connecticut
05/20/17 12:44 pm

Stephen Colbert and Rachel Maddow don't lie.

omniku dot com
05/26/17 1:04 pm

At least those people are somewhat grounded in reality.

Pinkaliscious Peace Out
05/20/17 9:01 am

It's all propaganda and fake news.

Fungi Charlotte NC
05/20/17 8:55 am

There is a difference between hard news journalism and infotainment journalism. The wording of your question shows me that this is something you are unaware of. Once you understand that, you can see it. For example, Rachel Maddow is infotainment, not hard news. In my opinion, infotainment people should NEVER be in the hard news mix. These groups do not masquerade as hard news journalism, they are opinion-based infotainment.

LibArtie SW Connecticut
05/20/17 12:47 pm

You're equating Rachel Maddow with Alex Jones? Seriously?!?

Fungi Charlotte NC
05/20/17 1:03 pm

Two points here (1) a rarely watch Rachel Maddow, and have only hear of this other person (Alex Jones,,, is that like Mother Jones? Don't know,,, don't care) through froth-mouthed outrage manufacturers. (2) Maddow is NOT free from editorializing which makes her opinion-based, not hard news. Blurring hard news and opinion-based editorial is what confuses people who don't realize they're two different things. I suspect you are among the confused if you don't understand.

LibArtie SW Connecticut
05/20/17 1:06 pm

Ok, if you're unfamiliar with Jones and Maddow, I'll answer my own comment. They are not comparable.

Fungi Charlotte NC
05/20/17 1:28 pm

OK. One is conservative, I take it, the other is liberal. I consider Rachel Maddow a Geraldo Rivera or Chris Matthews. None of these people are hard-news. Getting facts blurred with opinions is what is making so many go off of the rails. For example,,,,, I actually watched Comey testify before Congress that No one ever asked him to stop any investigation. You won't hear that in the opinion-based cherry-picked infotainment liberals confuse with actual hard news. That is why this distinction is important. They won't remind you that Clinton fired the FBI director the day before Vince Foster mysteriously died. That is hard news. Why and how Foster died the day after Clinton fired the FBI director is opinion.

LibArtie SW Connecticut
05/20/17 1:34 pm

You're conflating people who voice opinion with people who blatantly lie. Maddow and Matthews are pundits, but they are truthful. This poll question is about Alex Jones and Infowars. He is in a different category entirely.

omniku dot com
05/26/17 1:19 pm

@Fungi to give you an example... Alex Jones claims the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, CT was a false flag. He claims the mass shooting was a hoax orchestrated by the federal govt in order to implement gun control laws.

😳😳😳🙄

Now I will grant that Rachel Maddow has some strong opinions, but I'm not aware of her pushing conspiracy theories that are anywhere near as sick and insane as that!

Kamden popular revolt
05/20/17 7:57 am

Most of their coverage is either conspiratorial or prediction based on anonymous sources.
Take it all with a grain of salt, similarly to WaPo and NYTimes and their anonymous sources.

They don't do a lot if hard journalism, but some of their contributors I respect.

omniku dot com
05/26/17 1:20 pm

You can't compare InfoWars and NYT/WaPo. See my comment in the thread above for details.

Kamden popular revolt
05/26/17 1:26 pm

Yes I can and I did and I think you're wrong

omniku dot com
05/26/17 1:34 pm

Wow. Seriously? You think sandy hook was a false flag?

Kamden popular revolt
05/26/17 1:39 pm

I have no idea and I won't decide until victims and their families speak out during the 5 year anniversary.
But that's not my point. I'm sick of folks like you with a holier-than-thou attitude telling me I am wrong bc see above. I am not going to be told what to think by somw person on the internet. You want to debate me, fine we can debate/discuss but I don't care for you trolling through the thread for comments you disagree with just to say "hey but look what I said". Getting sick of it.

Kamden popular revolt
05/26/17 1:41 pm

It has been 6 fucking days since this poll was posted I do not give a fuck about your petty discussion about "extreme ideas". I don't care to be roped into it.

I don't give a fuck about shitheads like you

omniku dot com
05/26/17 3:35 pm

Ok easy, my friend. No offense intended. This was one of the random polls that showed up when you shake the phone so I didn't realize it was posted 6 days ago.

Not trying to be holier-than-though and I'm happy to discuss it in a respectful manner if you want to, but also happy to drop it because you sound kinda pissed. ;)

Peace.