rons May 19th, 2017 6:48pm

Have you ever notice that at Hillary's concession speech both her and Bill wore the colors of death? They wore purple and black suits?

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
05/20/17 10:43 am

Purple is my favorite color. Now I'm obsessed with death? Great.

lcamino Florida and Georgia
05/20/17 3:25 am

Yes, I noticed that. I wondered why she already had that outfit since she was sure she was going to win.

rons screw politicians
05/20/17 5:16 am

I thought that too. If she wore that to her acceptance speech I'd still link it to the funeral drape. This is the truth: in Nov of 2008 about a dozen plus turkey vultures were sitting in my driveway and perched on my roof. I remarked to my wife that this was a sign of things to come! It was funny at the time.

Harry3603 Tampa Bay Florida.
05/19/17 5:43 pm

With the Clintons, image is everything!

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/19/17 2:39 pm

I've always understood purple to be the color of royalty. The reason this has been of interest to me is that Jesus, in the hours leading up to his crucifixion, was dressed in purple by the Roman garrison to mock his claim to be 'King of the Jews'.

You might be interested in reading what Wiki has to say about purple. It talks about what it meant throughout history.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple#20th_and_21st_centuries

One thing I did find interesting, as to those that are saying that blue and red showed both sides of the political spectrum, was this paragraph in the article, about the use of purple in the 20th & 21st centuries:

The violet or purple necktie became very popular at the end of the 1st decade of the 21st century, particularly among political & business leaders. It combined the assertiveness & confidence of a red necktie with the sense of peace & cooperation of a blue necktie, & it went well with the blue business suit worn by most national & corporate leaders.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/19/17 3:46 pm

I'm not saying that can't be a color for mourning. I'm just saying that traditionally, throughout world history, it's been the color of royalty. From the Wiki article:

"Purple was the color worn by Roman magistrates; it became the imperial color worn by the rulers of the Byzantine Empire and the Holy Roman Empire, and later by Roman Catholic bishops. Similarly in Japan, the color is traditionally associated with the Emperor and aristocracy."

You will often see a purple stole around a cross at Easter, and many churches that do banners for the Names of Christ include the color purple in them, denoting His royalty.

More...

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/19/17 3:47 pm

Part 2. Also, Purple's rarity in nature and the expense of creating its dye gave it a great deal of prestige. It was the most expensive dye known to the ancient Israelites in the Bible. It was the color of choice for those of noble or royal birth or those who were high-level officials. Roman Emperors wore clothing colored purple. Catholic Bishops have for many years worn clothing containing this color.

Here is an article that might interest you, as to the the 48 times purple is mentioned in the Bible:

www.biblestudy.org/bible-study-by-topic/meaning-of-colors-in-the-bible/meaning-of-color-purple.html

I don't know why firefighters are using it in their buntings. But could it be that it's not to signify death, but honor for the firefighter, that he was royalty in their eyes?

I tried to google why they use the color purple and couldn't find anything.

PrinceOberyn Vive LEmpereur
05/19/17 12:24 pm

Purple is not the color of death. It's the sign of imperial power, as in that of an emperor. Roman Emperors were the only ones allowed to wear solid purple clothing, and Byzantine Emperors were only seen as legitimate if 'born in the purple'...room

PrinceOberyn Vive LEmpereur
05/19/17 12:26 pm

Of the palace in Constantinople. Obviously this doesn't help the Clinton's case, but them again they probably didn't do it on purpose. They were just wearing fucking clothes.

rons screw politicians
05/19/17 12:28 pm

Drapes of purple and black are mourning symbols. You never passed a firehouse and over each bay a purple and black drape was there. They do it every time a member passes away.

rons screw politicians
05/19/17 12:34 pm

It's called mourning bunting.

rons screw politicians
05/19/17 4:50 pm

It's just so befitting for the to wear the purple and black to mourn their loss. Ironic.

wearemonkeys77 Lest We Forget... Hodor
05/19/17 12:12 pm

I don't think the doesn't right know what to do now that they don't have an enemy. The election is over.

rons screw politicians
05/19/17 12:15 pm

It ain't over until the fat lady sings. It just caught my eye as odd to be dress in mourning colors.

Jazzy5 USA
05/19/17 12:11 pm

LOL! Really!!

RussianThunder Russia and USA
05/19/17 11:58 am

Purple is the color of death?

If you mix blue and red it makes purple. I saw it as a uniting sign but perhaps I am naive.

rons screw politicians
05/19/17 12:08 pm

When a fireman or a police office pass away they drape purple and black as a mourning symbol.
www.wgnflag.com/xcart/Mourning-Drapes/

susanr Colorado
05/19/17 12:25 pm

You're not naive about this, RT.

There was some speculation about possible symbolism in the purple that both HIllary and Bill Clinton wore at her speech, but the most common was the *unity* represented in red + blue = purple. Another common suggestion was that purple was the suffragettes' color.

That purple & black are colors of mourning never occurred to me, and doesn't ring true to me now, either.

rons screw politicians
05/19/17 12:36 pm

It just seemed odd seeing it. I've always seem Mourning Bunting over firehouses for years. But then again they had to have this clothing ready and waiting.
qns.com/story/2017/04/21/glendale-firehouse-prepares-memorial-ceremony-firefighter-fell-death/

rons screw politicians
05/19/17 1:05 pm

I sure colors symbolized a million things in different cultures around the world and mixing them makes many more variation. Even giving different colored roses or flowers have their own meaning.
But the next time you pass a firehouse draped in purple and black you'll know a fellow firefighter passed away.

rons screw politicians
05/19/17 12:13 pm

Thought it was odd to be mouring for themselves.
Did you wear mouring color after she lost?