ka14tie May 18th, 2017 12:39am

We should move away from fossil fuels. And into a mix of biofuels🌿, nukes⚛️, wind🌬, solar☀️, hydroelectric🏞, tidal🌊,hydrogen, and geothermal🌋

thebarr
05/18/17 2:41 am

You forgot unicorn horns.

Look, those other forms are great but they aren't ready to completely replace coal and oil.

thebarr
05/18/17 9:54 am

It is certainly the best on the list.

iceberg124
05/17/17 6:11 pm

Geothermal is to expensive, solar and wind is not worth the materials they are made out of. Should just expand nuclear

thebarr
05/18/17 2:43 am

Right, solar is so cheap. That's why those capitalist pigs keep ignoring it in favor of coal and oil, because they don't mind burning their money as long as they know they are doing evil.

commonman1 Peace
05/17/17 5:59 pm

They should compete with oil. The cheapest technology will win. Eventually, those sources will but never cut your nose off because it hard to grow back. Incentives are great but never go with disincentives as it hurts our economy.

RagingMystic covfefe
05/17/17 6:10 pm

Solar and wind already are cheaper than oil

evoecon nearest binary system
05/17/17 11:02 pm

Does Mystic just make crap up......wait.....liberals do just make up "facts". Sorry, stupid question.

evoecon nearest binary system
05/17/17 11:08 pm

Quartz Media is like asking the tobacco lobby if cigarette smoking is good for you. Did you just Google, "Solar cheaper than oil". Please?

thebarr
05/18/17 2:46 am

How are those solar panels on your roof, Raging? Oh, wait, you don't have like $100K to drop on those in order to save a few bucks a month?

But, but ... internet links!

commonman1 Peace
05/18/17 5:52 am

Where I live solar panels for my house is $10,000. If you breakout the payments over 10 years it is cheaper. However, the utility company charges you $50/mo to use it. Which cuts into any savings.

That's what I'm talking about... competition. I would love to have a electric car because they're quicker but the price has to come down or I'll stick with my fossil burning Camaro. I do believe that day will happen. Prototypes are always expensive.

RagingMystic covfefe
05/18/17 8:33 am

Lfb, hows powering your house off a generator? Or do you instead get it from a plant that makes it much cheaper?

thebarr
05/18/17 9:41 am

Yes, I agree, plants are cheaper. Said plants run on coal (mainly), or nuclear, hydro, etc. that's because these things are cheaper and more reliable than solar.

But if you're right then we'll see a solar explosion in be next decade. I'd love to see that, but I don't think it will happen.

RagingMystic covfefe
05/18/17 9:53 am

Solar plants exist, and are cheaper to the consumer than coal and oil.

commonman1 Peace
05/18/17 11:54 am

You can invest into solar farms. I wouldn't mind doing so. The are amazing to see here in Arizona.

RagingMystic covfefe
05/18/17 12:04 pm

I live in Florida, it probably wouldnt be bad here either