Celadonne May 17th, 2017 5:02pm

Is your personal convenience or the health of the planet more important?

PositumNuntiare Polling with Statistics
05/22/17 10:12 pm

It barely snowed in New York anymore. We have so thoroughly fucked up the climate that I am seriously wondering if there will be a time in my lifetime where snow is rendered obsolete. Even Ben Bernanke said that the economy is shifting to the tens of thousands of jobs in renewable energy and away from coal, yet Washington it too busy shoving lobbying money so far up their asses that they vomit it back up.

leilu SoCal
05/17/17 3:18 pm

It depends. I do count on a car and washing machine, but we strive for a zero waste home. We don't use paper plates or zioloc baggies, we use biodegradable trash bags. We do what we can without creating a major inconvenience.

Celadonne ballfield
05/23/17 9:07 pm

Do a lot of Californians follow suit?

leilu SoCal
05/24/17 2:15 pm

Generally I'd say no. I live in Orange County and people love to buy and waste stuff here. People here care about personal convenience way more than environment.

kspells TheOtherOtherside
05/17/17 2:15 pm

The earth will survive our being here. If we do not control what we do here we may not survive. Being here can be an existence made worse or made better. Humans have either thrived or faced extinctions due to changes in just the weather. I personally do not like breathing exhaust fumes. I think it's unhealthy for me but everyone else doesn't seem to mind it. There is nothing I can do to change that or how the planet reacts to us being here.

Iamamerican California
05/17/17 12:32 pm

I think we should all be good stewards of our planet. However, we aren't responsible for the entire world.

kspells TheOtherOtherside
05/17/17 2:17 pm

The entire world is where you live. You advocate out of sight out of mind. What happens on this planet anywhere happens everywhere to all of us.

Iamamerican California
05/17/17 2:19 pm

Tell that to the countries who don't care about the planet.

kspells TheOtherOtherside
05/17/17 4:55 pm

That would be the responsible effort to make.

commonsense America isnt racist
05/17/17 10:10 am

The earth is not in any danger, lol.