FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
05/17/17 5:49 am

I use a sleep tracker to time my wake up call to the most optimal spot up to 30 minutes before my must be awake time. I have a backup with my clock app if I really need to be up then.

Kay41 the Midwest
05/17/17 5:12 am

I'm up right away at the alarm and don't hit the snooze or set a second one. However, I almost always wake up before the alarm goes off anyway.

HammeringMan Gods Away On Business
05/17/17 4:36 am

Options.
IPhone 7's are WATER PROOF to 6 meters. I put mine in a bucket of ice water. I often spill it while splashing around to shut the damn alarm off. After that wet Icy fight I am completely awake.

patrioticparody Pale Blue Dot
05/17/17 3:42 am

App alert: Alarmy
Alarmy allows you to make it extremely difficult to turn off your alarms. One dismiss option is to scan a barcode (in your bathroom, for example). This forces you to get out of bed to turn your alarm off. Another is math problems. Set them as hard as you can and by the time you've solved a couple you're wide awake.

swervin Maryland
05/17/17 12:15 am

I'm an adult, so I only need 1 alarm. I usually wake up without an alarm though, which is a pain when I able to sleep in but don't.

SEALSQUAD Darien, CT
05/17/17 4:05 am

I'm a kid, and I have the same problem. Even on weekdays I wake up at 6:00, though it doesn't bother me too much.

yeliretan
05/17/17 12:23 pm

Are you claiming that people that need more than one alarm aren't adults?

swervin Maryland
05/17/17 10:45 pm

Yup. People who are mature enough to have responsibilities that need to be met by a certain time don't need 5 alarms to wake up.

yeliretan
05/18/17 2:12 am

Can't agree there

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
05/16/17 11:44 pm

Lmao. I'm the left one

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/16/17 11:01 pm

Although there weren't cell phones then, the one on the left is what I used to do, if the clock wasn't all the way across the room. I didn't realize until a decade later that this is a classic symptom of a sleep disorder I've had since my teens!

Praetorianus Fair enough.
05/16/17 11:15 pm

I had a snooze button as early as 1980.
It didn't help.
Back then, I had an electric digital radio alarm clock.
With a 6minutes snooze.
After some trials, I decided to get up immediately after the alarm but set it to the latest reasonable time.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/16/17 11:23 pm

I had to put mine across the room. If I walked it helped to wake me up.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/16/17 11:24 pm

And that was what I meant--if it wasn't across the room, I would keep hitting the snooze button over and over, without ever waking up or realizing that was what I was doing. My condition has a symptom called sleep drunkenness--in which you have a HORRIFIC time trying to get woken up every morning. You can't stay awake and you feel like you're drunk.

patrioticparody Pale Blue Dot
05/17/17 3:43 am

Well that sounds familiar. What might that be called?

sea California
05/17/17 10:22 am

4JC that used to happen to me as well when I was sleep deprived. I would unconsciously turn off my alarm when half asleep. I also ended up placing my alarm clock out of arms reach.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/17/17 2:03 pm

Patrioticparody if you're asking what the condition is called, it's idiopathic hypersomnia. I'd be willing to share some other experiences which are classic symptoms if you think you might have this condition and want to learn more.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/17/17 2:05 pm

Sea, I believe there are a lot of people that have undiagnosed sleep disorders. If you also have a lot of fatigue, wake up feeling like a train has run over you every morning, have a hard time getting going, have muscle pain, etc., I would see about getting a sleep study done.

I have two sleep disorders, which I've had symptoms of for 40 years, but wasn't diagnosed until the last 10 years. Could've gotten the help I needed a LOT sooner if I'd known!