jenkp223 May 17th, 2017 5:14am

Christians: does your church have a policy banning guns or weapons?

jenkp223 Being a mommy
05/17/17 12:03 pm

I actually found out that the Episcopal Diocese of which my church is a part resolved at their general convention a few years ago that all churches within the diocese become gun-free zones. I'm not sure my church has a choice but to follow suit. It only became an issue because a member of AA who uses our building brought his gun to a meeting and they had a hissy fit. Since there's no written policy in place or signage, we apparently need to fix it.

jenkp223 Being a mommy
05/17/17 12:04 pm

But I'm not happy about it, and my husband will probably leave the church because of it.

MrsCrayonWax Katies Purpose
05/17/17 9:03 am

I've never heard of one.

orgblu10 Shamerica
05/17/17 6:50 am

If we do, Ive never heard of it. I don't even know anyone who owns a gun, carries a gun, or talks about guns. It doesn't seem to be be a big part of the culture here like in other areas of the Southwest.

bluerum29 optimistic idealist
05/17/17 5:40 am

Well, we don't have our own building so.

outlaw393 Trump Train
05/17/17 1:22 am

Not applicable, don't attend church.

MyRedSkirt Cali
05/16/17 11:21 pm

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
No way! Our pastor AND pastor's wife have CCW permits. All ushers & saints are encouraged to carry. But we have had several crazies visit and/or threaten church leaders & members.

We have a several current cops & COs. A few retired ones & vets.

MyRedSkirt Cali
05/16/17 11:21 pm

California has more conservatives than people realize.

imanag My heaven on Earth
05/16/17 10:24 pm

We had a police officer in my congregation. He was permitted one hour to attend services while on duty, with the understanding that he still had to respond if a call came in. He carried his gun in the chapel. The kids especially loved it.

jenkp223 Being a mommy
05/16/17 10:17 pm

My church doesn't currently have one, but there is talk about enacting one. My husband and I left our last church because they enacted one. I'm curious if this is just happening in Episcopal churches because their membership tends to lean (or more than lean, in some cases) liberal.