xtarite May 17th, 2017 3:18am

Do you ever feel embarrassed by your generation? Please comment which gen you belong to and why you feel the way you do

Izzynius
05/16/17 10:22 pm

I am a Millennial and I do not feel embarrassed by that generation.

Harry3603 Tampa Bay Florida.
05/16/17 9:56 pm

My generation was too young to fight in WWII, and Korea. Our parents survived the Great Depression and defeated the Axis powers. We developed a work ethic and valued education. I am proud of most of my generation, which includes "flower children", Vietnam Vets, War Protestors and draft dodgers (today's liberal professors). For the most part, we got to see the best and worst of America!

gluxford1 Arizona
05/16/17 8:33 pm

I'm constantly embarrassed by my generation (Millennials).

thatguy2 I am Antifa
05/16/17 10:01 pm

The feeling is mutual.

jenkp223 Being a mommy
05/16/17 10:20 pm

I try to disassociate myself from millennials. I think many of us "older" millenials (born before, say, 1988) do.

dftdddsf
05/16/17 10:23 pm

Then start contributing and stop worrying about everyone else

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/16/17 11:04 pm

Glux, you might want to read some of the comments from Millennials in my poll about Millennials wanting less children than the generations that have come before. It's been a very disturbing set of convos, imho.

CrzyChica
05/17/17 8:30 am

No offense, 4JC, but I find it highly disturbing that you would look down on an entire generation of young people because they choose not to have kids, or choose to only have one kid. As a 20 year veteran teacher, I have to say that it is much more responsible if you don't want kids, or don't have the emotional or financial means to have kids, to not have kids. We have a lot of messed up young people because the adults in their lives should have never had children. Some people have no business being responsible for the life of an impressionable child as they can't even handle their own lives. Furthermore, although you have couched it in nice words which I appreciate you always try to do, you are basically saying that people who choose not to have kids are selfish or that there surely must be something wrong with them if they don't want to live life as you have chosen. I'm sure that wasn't your intention as you are not a person who is ever intentionally rude.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/17/17 3:27 pm

CrzyChica, thanks so much for stating this the way you did, and for giving me credit for trying to be nice. I REALLY appreciate that, instead of your lambasting me!

I did not mean to offend, but finding out that what seems like a majority of an entire generation of people are against having kids is disturbing, especially when they say they know people that are parents and regret it or that children are a BURDEN. You see, I grew up learning that children are a BLESSING, and the Bible even says "Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them." In other words, the more kids you have, the happier you'll be. I've found that to be true. With every successive child, my love and happiness grew. My kids were where I found the most fulfillment in life.

More....

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/17/17 3:27 pm

Part 2. You said it's better that those that don't have the financial means to have kids not have kids. When I was young, a wise older person told me that if I waited until I could "afford" to have kids, I'd never have kids. That makes a lot of sense, because as we get older, we naturally want a higher standard of living. So if we put it off, saving for the time we can have kids, by the time we have it saved up, we realize that we want an even higher standard of living, etc.

While in other generations, there have been some people that have refused to have children, and everyone has the right to do so, it's disturbing if the vast majority of a generation feels that having extra nice possessions is more important than nurturing children to carry on the human race, imho. One of the main reasons for marriage, according to the Bible, is to procreate and replenish the earth.

More.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/17/17 3:28 pm

Part 3. There are several repercussions to an entire generation not being willing to have children.

First of all, a note about those that are putting off having kids until they're at least in their 30's: this has proven in the past to lead to issues of infertility. Women have started careers and then found out that they have waited too late, and it is heartbreaking to them that they now realize they won't be able to have children. Additionally, waiting until later increases your chances of having a child with a disability or serious birth defect.

Secondly, when Millennials retire, who is going to take care of them if they're too ill and have no children? Who is going to be paying into Social Security that will cover Millennials when they retire?

More...

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/17/17 3:29 pm

Part 4. Third, one of the repercussions is something that I think Glux will be concerned about, because he's very concerned about the great influx of Hispanic immigrants, and the loss of our national identity, as these immigrants refuse to assimilate.

Did you know that by the year 2042, white people are going to be in the minority, due to the fact that Hispanic and black Millennials have no such qualms about having children? Here is an article about it:

www.pewsocialtrends.org/2012/05/17/explaining-why-minority-births-now-outnumber-white-births/

So by that year, our country will look completely differently, and white Millennials' children and grandchildren will be in the minority. This country will eventually become a Hispanic country. I know that sounds racist, but there are legitimate reasons for my concerns about this, also.

More...

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/17/17 3:29 pm

Part 5. Since a lot of Hispanics and blacks are currently being provided for by the government, and living off the government is a lifelong matter of fact that has been passed down from generation to generation and is accepted, when they become the majority, what will that mean? Who will be paying their way? A government in which most of the people are living off the government simply cannot sustain itself!

You better believe when whites become the minority, they won't be afforded the same amenities that blacks and Hispanics will receive. How do I know?

Because I have been discriminated against in getting government help because my family is white and intact. I can go into details if you wish.

More.....

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/17/17 3:33 pm

Part 6. I have also experienced what it is like to be a white minority in a VERY black environment, when we lived in an area where there had been white flight from the schools. My kids were the only white person in each of their classes. The black kids were allowed to wear t-shirts to school that said, "Whites enslaved my ancestors, so I'm going to kill theirs!"

The school they attended had razor wire on top of the fence surrounding the school, & you had to ring a doorbell and talk through an intercom to gain entrance to the school. When we were there, kids were pulling guns and knives on school employees regularly.

More...

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/17/17 3:33 pm

Part 7. I can imagine what is going to happen when whites are in the minority, with this kind of attitude, and the resentment that has built up over generations. Those that do have children will see their children discriminated against, and will have to pay the price for the sins of our country in the past, imho.

These are some of the reasons this concerns me. I hope I've answered your question.

thatguy2 I am Antifa
05/17/17 3:37 pm

It does a lot more than sound racist....