jmw7477 Indiana
05/19/17 2:18 pm

Religion should not be taught as fact -- especially in a public school. So no creationism, intelligent design, etc. Climate change happens. It's happened before. It'll happen again. It's just the causes that change. So teach the different theories regarding climate change.

ladyniner81 Embrace your inner dork
05/18/17 2:24 pm

Both sides are acting like serious retards.

"My kid's school is teaching her evolution and it's going to teach her how to be gay and walk like transgenders, hate Jesus and curse Trump!"

"OH, yeah?, my kids school is teaching creationism, and it's going to teach him climate change denial, women are inferior, it's ok to rape, Christians are superior, minorities are inferior and Trump is God and Obama is Satan.

You both batshit crazy

ladyniner81 Embrace your inner dork
05/18/17 2:26 pm

But Democrats make more sense, but they're still nuts

Okie1967 Defend the Police
05/17/17 10:36 am

I support these measures. The education "establishment" has taught democrat ideals as science for too long already.

Wino I need a drink
05/17/17 8:26 am

I like the idea of presenting all theories as well as all the evidence for each theory. That being said, not all theories are equal and should not be treated equally. Good teachers should teach kids which evidence supports which theories and lead kids to critically think about which theories are the best based off evidence.

myob
05/17/17 6:54 am

I love this. Teach it all and let the minds being addressed make their own decisions.

Malekithe Cities on flame
05/16/17 7:47 pm

"This would give educators license to treat evolution and intelligent design as equally valid theories, or to present climate change as scientifically contentious."

Nik
05/16/17 7:49 pm

I see this as a slippery slope that can lead the schools or the state to vilify anything science, by the will of a small segment of the population.
How soon we forget John T Scopes...

Nik
05/16/17 7:50 pm

That quote is from the politician that wrote the bill, we both know how that works.

Malekithe Cities on flame
05/16/17 7:56 pm

Scientific theory does not need to be vilified or universally accepted without question or challenge.
I see danger in either of these extreme positions.

Nik
05/16/17 8:00 pm

Agree, but I don't want bible based Creationism taught as a science, teach it as a philosophy. I also don't want science taught as a black/white thing. New discoveries can change how we view the world.

Malekithe Cities on flame
05/16/17 8:06 pm

Agree. Teach both as operative theories and let young minds decide after doing there own investigation and study. School is about expanding your mind.

Malekithe Cities on flame
05/16/17 8:07 pm

New discoveries are often based on challenging what we think we know.

Nik
05/16/17 8:09 pm

Very, very true. It wasn't all that long ago we thought it was impossible to fly.

Pinkaliscious Peace Out
05/16/17 7:34 pm

One parent involved with their own children's education is one thing but if that parent sways a classroom I would be pissed if it affected my child. The state sets the academic standards. Every school should teach by those standards.

LibArtie SW Connecticut
05/16/17 6:36 pm

Everything is scary. All this damage will be reversed when Democrats regain Congress after Trump's impeachment.

Nik
05/16/17 6:38 pm

I surely hope so, it seems we are in a downward spiral 😞

LibArtie SW Connecticut
05/16/17 6:40 pm

Trump will crash and burn. It's happening now.

Malekithe Cities on flame
05/16/17 7:51 pm

Dream on
Dream until your dreams come true

Nik