NKarta May 17th, 2017 1:18am

Inspired by a conversation today with a friend who is a retired cop: if you got pulled over while playing NWA's f the police really loud, would you shut it off or not?

jlong105 Indiana
05/17/17 8:28 am

I turn off the radio while on the road phone, talking to passengers, ordering drive through, and when pulled over. Being a decent person requires it.

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
05/16/17 11:34 pm

Turn anything down, but you would never catch me listening to that. I support our 👮‍♀️👮

tech24073
05/16/17 10:05 pm

I turn off any music playing, makes it easier for both of us. Just seems polite.

NKarta Please excuse my sanity
05/17/17 4:07 am

We were talking about Chris rock's comedy video "how not to get shot by the police" one of the scenes in it is someone playing that song while being pulled over. I asked him if that really ever happened to him. He said yes.

4boot LaTrineodeur, MN
05/16/17 8:57 pm

Wouldn't be playing such crap

catpillow Florida West Coast
05/16/17 7:22 pm

I never heard the song, but it doesn't sound like one I would play. Yes, I would definitely turn it off.

susanr Colorado
05/16/17 6:49 pm

I don't drive, but if I did: If I were pulled over by the police and I were playing *anything* loudly on the radio, I would turn it off, so that I would be giving my full attention to the police, and so that they and I could hear each other clearly. I think to leave the thing blaring loudly, no matter what is playing, would be both rude (rudeness also indicating stupidity) and dumb (since you really *couldn't* hear them well, or vice versa).

In actuality, if I did drive, I wouldn't be playing anything that loudly anyway, since it would be hazardous to safe driving - wouldn't it? Blocking noises from inside or outside the car that might be warnings of danger? I'd probably be listening to an audiobook, if I were alone. When I'm a passenger with other people, we usually talk, with fairly quiet music, if any at all.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
05/16/17 6:31 pm

Yes. No matter what you think about police, they have more ways to fuck with you than you to mess with them. Making them angry is not a good idea.

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
05/16/17 6:23 pm

I would. Regardless of what's playing, I would likely turn it off.

NKarta Please excuse my sanity
05/16/17 6:20 pm

That's what I would do, but my friend said that he's been on traffic stops where people didn't, which is bad no matter what you're playing, but that's probably the worst thing you could be playing.

cowboy nothing else matters
05/16/17 6:19 pm

Turn the radio down no matter what is playing.