gluxford1 May 16th, 2017 10:07pm

The H-2B visa program allows U.S. companies to bring in cheap, foreign blue-collar labor. The federal budget that passed last month includes an expansion of this program. Should the number of H-2B visas issued each year be increased or decreased?

evoecon nearest binary system
05/16/17 9:46 pm

We need to work toward open borders for employment.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/16/17 3:42 pm

To me, this is just as bad as sending our factories overseas!

05/16/17 3:46 pm

I think it's even worse than sending our factories overseas.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/16/17 3:52 pm

Why worse, Glux?

05/16/17 3:56 pm

Not only does it rob blue-collar Americans of their jobs right in front of their eyes, but it also imports foreigners into the country that have no desire to assimilate and become Americans because their primary motivation for coming here is for a pay day instead of love for America. This results in the gradual erosion, destruction, and replacement of American culture.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/16/17 5:37 pm

Good points! I think you've changed my mind, although I still don't think there is anything worse than a man that has to go to a foreign country to train the guy that was going to replace him there! Our best friend had to do that!

theNobamist Silicon Valley
05/17/17 12:20 am

It will do to low-tech companies what H1-B did to hi-tech industry.
Terminate the H-visa program until unemployment is 0.0%.

Okie1967 Defend the Police
05/16/17 3:41 pm

Well that's a broken Trump promise right there. The program is crap‼️Sooooooooo many unemployed IT professionals in this country right now.

05/16/17 3:45 pm

Paul Ryan is to blame for this, not Trump. This globalist garbage budget was drafted by the neocon-dominated legislative branch. That being said, I agree with everything else you just said.

05/16/17 3:11 pm

At the very least, it should be drastically decreased. Although, I would prefer that the H-2B visa program be eliminated altogether. This money could be better spent training Americans for these blue-collar jobs and encouraging U.S. companies to hire their fellow citizens instead of being used to replace Americans with cheap foreign labor.

05/16/17 3:15 pm

Well, this poll got down voted to 0 fast despite having no bias in the question or answers. Is there any poll that trolls won't down vote?

jarod California
05/16/17 3:17 pm

I upvoted. It's annoying

05/16/17 3:30 pm

Thanks, Jarod! I agree, it is annoying. It seems like there has been an increase in down vote trolls on SOH recently. Have you noticed this too?

jarod California
05/16/17 3:33 pm

Yes I have noticed it. My past couple polls haven't gotten past 6 upvotes and when I posted them they were down voted immediately. Seems to be happening more often now.

05/16/17 3:47 pm

For what it's worth, I always up vote your polls because you're an excellent pollster. In fact, I just up vote everyone's polls as soon as I see them these days just to try and balance it out.

jarod California
05/16/17 3:56 pm

Thank you, Glux! I think I will start upvoting most polls just because of these trolls.

44YY Boston, MA
05/16/17 4:04 pm

I downvoted it because it is biased. It is in the conditions of the visa that it is not cheaper labor than what is currently available

05/16/17 4:05 pm

Not really. And since when are yes or no questions biased? 😂

05/16/17 4:07 pm

And it is cheaper for these companies to just import foreigners because foreigners are willing to work for less than minimum wage. This disproportionately hurts working class Americans.

44YY Boston, MA
05/16/17 4:08 pm

Yes and no questions are biased when they contain information to convince people to vote one specific way... the labor provided by this specific visa is not cheap labor and is not taking away jobs from anyone and those are conditions of the visa

44YY Boston, MA
05/16/17 4:09 pm

Nobody with a visa is working for less than minimum wage because they have to report their wages. And nobody is getting hurt because these were openings in the labor market that are being filled in order to help the economy expand

05/16/17 4:10 pm

Yes, it is in fact cheap labor. And yes, those jobs could be going to Americans. This poll question simply states the facts and then asks a yes or no question.

05/16/17 4:13 pm

And it is a documented fact that foreigners are willing to work for less.
money.cnn.com/2016/08/19/news/economy/us-immigrant-economy/

05/16/17 4:15 pm

I also find it funny that you are proving how out of touch the left is with everyday Americans (especially the working class) every time you post a comment. I never thought I'd see the day where lefties like you bend over backwards to defend corporations, but here you are doing just that. 😂

44YY Boston, MA
05/16/17 4:18 pm

I'm not sure what this has to do with corporations but I'm not against expanding the economy as you appear to be

jarod California
05/16/17 4:19 pm

Expanding the economy by bringing in labor that's taking American jobs? Yes we are against it.

44YY Boston, MA
05/16/17 4:20 pm

It is not taking American jobs... that is in the conditions of the visa

05/16/17 4:41 pm

And those conditions are lax and hardly ever enforced. Corporations abuse them all the time.

44YY Boston, MA
05/16/17 4:48 pm

He says with no proof whatsoever