TheCommunist May 16th, 2017 7:22pm

Are humans animals? Critically think about this one

GlockMan1 Alabama
05/16/17 6:46 pm

We actually like animals but we are not animals.

Biologist
05/16/17 7:35 pm

Animals are any organisms that falls in the kingdom Animalia. Animals display several distinctive characteristics. Only animals have this combination of characteristics. Humans absolutely possess this combination of characteristics. Humans are clearly animals.

Humans can be further classified as chordates, and further as vertebrates, then mammals. We are all of these things. Each classification I mentioned is a smaller subset of the prior classification. All unique groups of organisms that possess a combination of characteristics. Humans are in these groups because they possess those traits also.

GlockMan1 Alabama
05/16/17 8:21 pm

Animals do not have souls. Humans do. Animals have no ability to fellowship with God. Humans do.

Biologist
05/16/17 9:09 pm

Even if there was evidence of such a thing (there is not), that wouldn't change anything about the classification of humans as animals. We still possess all the other characteristics of each classification. It would just be a unique feature of humans. We would still be mammals, vertebrates, chordates, and animals. For example, some snakes have venom. But they are still animals, chordates, vertebrates, reptiles.

Humans are absolutely animals.

GlockMan1 Alabama
05/24/17 8:35 am

God created all the "animals" on one day and man was created on a separate day. Unfortunately you wallow in spiritual darkness which keeps you from knowing the TRUTH.

Biologist
05/31/17 6:45 am

Ironic statement you made. You don't think it could possibly be your blind belief in ancient text that might be the reason you can't evaluate evidence and come to a rational conclusion. You presume that all things must fit what you believe is true, or they are wrong.

Keep in mind that your belief has zero evidence to support that it is true or evenly likely to be true. So an unsupported opinion biases all your decision.

My conclusion is based on the evidence at hand. I am open to any conclusion that is based on the evidence. Your's is based on what you believe to be true, even if it clearly contradicts the facts. Verifiable facts are true weather you believe them or not.

Basically what you are saying is that the reason I can't see that what you believe to be true is true, is because I don't believe it to be true. That is circular nonsense.

I and everyone should require evidence to accept validity anything that is stated as the TRUTH.

Biologist
05/31/17 6:48 am

I and everyone should require evidence of the validity of some proposed as TRUTH.

mpurple oh no. trump won.
05/16/17 3:23 pm

Animal. I thought 98% of the country already knew it.

DonWichita Kansas
05/16/17 1:22 pm

Mmmmmmmmm
A) Animal?
B) Vegetable?
C) Mineral?

I think I will choose (A) for humans.