iceberg124 May 16th, 2017 5:33pm

SOH is being overrun with militant DNC shills.

mfjd1948 rural johnson co iowa
05/16/17 1:23 pm

Only in your imagination.

Neighinator Ohio
05/16/17 1:13 pm

Oh wow, people have a differing opinion than you. You always act like opinions are facts. And people say democrats are snowflakes.

krayzewolf New Hampshire
05/16/17 11:35 am

Disagree. I've been on here a long time. The ratio hasn't really changed. It's always been more conservative than liberal.

gluxford1 Arizona
05/16/17 11:23 am

It seems that way. I keep seeing conservative pollsters getting targeted with down votes and the main SOH polls seem to be getting more left-leaning as well.

Harry3603 Tampa Bay Florida.
05/16/17 1:40 pm

I have only been a member for about six months, but I seem to be attracting a lot more snide remarks from folks I haven't noticed before. Then again, it might just be me.

ScenarioNations California
05/17/17 8:32 am

The reason why I tend to down vote some conservative polls isn't due to their politics but rather that I see polls like
"The DNC blatantly lied. I will show no evidence of lying in this situation and would rather do a rant without stating a source or asking a question."
Answers
"Agreed"
"I'm a cuck"

ScenarioNations California
05/17/17 8:33 am

I don't see the liberals do stuff like this as much and if they ever do, I down vote theirs as well.

Kamden popular revolt
05/16/17 11:08 am

Absolutely. Just look at the militancy below, zero logic or reason presented.
And really, there are many of us here for reasoned debate and discussion, but all I see now is "DRUMPF IMPEACHMENT AMIRITE?".

I remember when RC and I got along, and then I mentioned that I'd moved further right and it was some kind of personal attack to him.
I was always aware that certain liberal users had large followings with many in agreement, and the conservatives had theirs. And now that you said something about it the comments below say "muh echo chamber". Each side seems to operate along those lines but never to such a vitriolic extent.
I write this because I want to discuss the matter, respectfully if possible.

And to power users like @LibArtie why is every post lately a one off phrase comparing Trump to Nixon? Did you gain all your followers with such meaningless and nonsensical polls?

Kamden popular revolt
05/16/17 11:12 am

One of my first polls was one in which I disavowed all identity politics and identitarianism and I think most conservatives can agree. Of course the militants (who obviously immediately replied to this poll by Bert) lump us amongst them. The fact is there are only like 4-5 white indentitarians operating actively on the app. And they may see themselves as conservatives but we have plenty of other users like Bert and Glux and others that make a great case for conservatism.

It is so much easier to call us all racist white folks though it seems, and whoever cries racist first gets the most likes.

LibArtie SW Connecticut
05/16/17 11:13 am

Laughable. SOH is laden with right-wing, uninformed Trump rubes who cling to conspiratorial media sources like Infowars and Breitbart.

Kamden popular revolt
05/16/17 11:17 am

See you just completey ignored all of my points. Can you answer my question? Did you gain all of your followers by posting one-off phrases? Is that how you gain success on this app?

I'd love to have a large following like yours, but I wouldn't dare stoop to such nonsense. Your response was exactly what I was talking about. I don't even read Breitbart and I'm a Trump supporter. Maybe you should look at our discussions in Glux's polls. The conservative community consistently attacks the GOP for their nonsense. Why can't you be more introspective about your own party?

LibArtie SW Connecticut
05/16/17 11:24 am

I'll let you in on a secret, I don't care how many followers I have. Also, I usually don't debate Trump supporters. It's futile. You believe his countless lies so why should I even bother?

Kamden popular revolt
05/16/17 11:29 am

I don't actually believe his constant lies. I believe the message and the platform he ran on.
And by admitting you don't debate his supporters, you are equally admitting what Mystic mocked Bert for. Living in an echo chamber. But I don't see another user in this poll jumping to Bert's defense or even acknowledging his claim to an extent. The users below are bursting through the alleged echo chamber, if there ever truly was one.

Kamden popular revolt
05/16/17 11:32 am

"I believe his platform" to the extent that I agree with it and will defend the platform itself, not the man or the actions to the contrary of said platform whilst in office.

LibArtie SW Connecticut
05/16/17 11:35 am

It's good to know you're not a Trump rube. It's not that I won't debate a Trump supporter, it's that I don't debate truth deniers, which most Trump loyalists are.

Kamden popular revolt
05/16/17 11:39 am

Okay then Artie, what is your truth? And what truth are Trump supporters denying?

LibArtie SW Connecticut
05/16/17 11:45 am

Truth is not owned by anyone. I don't have a truth. I am informed by dozens of legitimate news sources. Trump supporters believe his lies. Seriously, you can't think of any? He's bringing back coal mining, healthcare will be better than ever for everyone, the wall. And here are hundreds more. www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/trump-claims/?utm_term=.b6f3176138b5

Kamden popular revolt
05/16/17 11:58 am

Like I said I support his platform.
Coal-mining: Awesome!
Healthcare: You'd have to be lying if you don't agree that the current system is dying.
The Wall: 100% support and the fact that the budget doesn't include funding for it really pisses me off. Ann Coulter (if you'd dare listen to her speak) has denounced Trump for not being stronger in demanding the GOP follow through with this platform. And yes, that Trump is partly at fault for not being stronger handed about it.

I don't currently see a superior challenger or a superior poltical party. Coulter I think jumped the gun, and I saw Glux do the same, which is fine for them.
And as far as reliable news sources goes, it doesn't seem to me that there is one that isn't heavily politicized and agenda driven. I cringe everytime I see someone say WaPo is super reliable and see their header is still "Democracy Dies in Darkness". I feel that way for the same reasons you feel how you do about Breitbart or InfoWars or what-have-you.

Kamden popular revolt
05/16/17 11:59 am

Again, its not about Trump for me, it's about the platform and I am not at all in denial that much of it is NOT getting done.

LibArtie SW Connecticut
05/16/17 12:07 pm

I understand your political position, no need for elaboration. I fundamentally disagree with most, if not all that you stand for politically. Oh and call me a liar for not believing the GOP talking point that the ACA is dying. That is the actual lie.

You missed my point. Coal mining and healthcare ain't never gonna happen, nor is a ridiculous wall. Maybe money for it is allocated in Mexico's budget?

Harry3603 Tampa Bay Florida.
05/17/17 1:23 pm

Arte, I am curious. What do you consider as reputable news sources? I am to the point of questioning everything in print. As far as TV is concerned, the person who yells loudest usually seems to prevail!

LibArtie SW Connecticut
05/17/17 1:32 pm

Harry, the key to receiving reliable information is to use multiple sources and cross reference them. It's also important not to find credible, stories from biased, conspiratorial sources.

Examples...
Legitimate: ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, WS Journal, PBS, NPR, BBC, Boston Globe, Yahoo News, NY Times, Washington Post, Newsweek, Time, Associated Press, Politico, Reuters, Wikinews, Bloomberg, USA Today

Partisan: Fox, Drudge, Newsmax, Breitbart, Huffington Post, Washington Times, NY Post, The Nation, National Review, Real Clear Politics, Washington Examiner, Infowars

johonmilla Monroe, nc
05/16/17 10:43 am

Nope. SOH is largely conservative or libertarian. I remember not too long ago nearly all democrats and independents voted no on a post, and the republicans and libertarians were split, yet they had an overwhelming majority for yes. However I can agree it's slowly shifting more to the center, but mostly due to the Trump effect and increasing negative sentiments. Still overwhelmingly conservative though.

iceberg124
05/16/17 10:45 am

Disagree. My politics posts now are at record lows if upvotes, and one look at the tap you'll see a whole bunch of liberals posting the same exact polls all highly upvoted

wearemonkeys77 Lest We Forget... Hodor
05/16/17 10:50 am

Soh is bigger than your polls, check an soh poll. I think there are still more right wingers here. Quit whining snowflake.

iceberg124
05/16/17 10:52 am

Main polls are also changing if you look yourself. It's a question, you can vote to disagree without the personal insults, shows a lot about your lack of character.

RagingMystic covfefe
05/16/17 10:36 am

"I cant handle not being surrounded by an echo chamber and actually having my views challenged"

iceberg124
05/16/17 10:37 am

"I can only project using fake quotes of what I imagine others are thinking"

PrinceOberyn Io Himeros
05/16/17 10:47 am

"I respond with fake quotes in a mediocre attempt at a personal attack. I also secretly like to suck Mexican dick. Its my kink."

PrinceOberyn Io Himeros
05/16/17 10:35 am

Maybe its the medicine for our recent bout of racistwhitemotherfucker disease?

RagingMystic covfefe
05/16/17 10:36 am

Hopefully it'll cure fp before too long

iceberg124
05/16/17 10:39 am

It's your coping mechanism for the death of identity politics. The sickness gets to its worst before it gets cured.

thatguy2 I am Antifa
05/16/17 11:10 am

The ascent of white supremacists is the death of identity politics ? 🤔

Izzynius