Cole12 May 16th, 2017 5:21pm

Assuming Trump runs in 2020, do you think his Democratic opponent will beat him by a margin of greater than 5% in the popular vote?

rons on top of the world MA
05/16/17 11:23 am

If the polls hold true like the ones for Hillary then no!

McMurphyJohnson say what now
05/16/17 11:07 am

I honestly think Trumps greatest strength is that people REALLLLY underestimate him. He gets so much shit in the media, at work, in public, online, etc. and thus he seems way worse than he actually is in his supporters mind.

I believe that if the election were held again today that he would not only win again but get more votes.

geoag02 Dallas, TX
05/16/17 10:46 am

No, I think he will loose in the primaries.

SticksandStones Proud Prude
05/16/17 10:34 am

No. I saw the shift on this app as people went from "I will never vote for Trump" to "I guess I have to vote for Trump" to "He's not that bad." This kind of mentality will only become more popular, no matter what he does.

geoag02 Dallas, TX
05/16/17 10:50 am

I am one of the people who did the shifting you speak of. While I can't speak for everyone, I can tell you that I still don't really like Trump and am still looking forward to seeing who runs against him in the primaries. I don't want to go back to democrats but I don't want to keep Trump either.

thatguy2 I am Antifa
05/16/17 10:23 am

I'd like to think so but I'll never again underestimate how dumb this country is. The fact that Trump still has so many apologists blows my mind.

Cole12 ...
05/16/17 10:30 am

His base is clearly loyal - even after his impeachment-level offenses, his approval rating is still at 40%. Still, considering that he has accomplished nothing and likely won't accomplish anything (other than a tax cut for the rich, maybe), his supporters might not be as enthused in 2020. If Trump loses just a few percent of his base, and the Democrats run somebody who's a little more charismatic than Hillary, a 5% win won't be tough.