KojimaStudios
05/16/17 4:56 pm

I owe a copy of the actual Book of Mormon for some reason. It's basically the same thing.

followingsea Illinois is
05/16/17 1:52 pm

Yes, and on I/pad.

AppleCougar08
05/16/17 7:59 am

I own several.

outlaw393 The Satanic Temple
05/16/17 1:32 am

Several. All different translations

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/16/17 12:22 am

We own MANY copies of the Bible in various versions, and an entire library of commentaries, concordances, children's books, Bible libraries, books on Christianity and topics of interest to Christians, including parenting guides, counseling guides, books about how to pastor and being a pastor's wife, Bible study workbooks, videotapes on the Bible for adults and children, etc.

Mavericks Bermuda Triangle
05/16/17 1:00 am

Wow! That is a thoroughly extensive collection, but sounds appropriate for a Pastor and Pastors Wife. I also have a few different versions and I use the Bible app quite frequently too.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/16/17 1:08 am

We've actually sold quite a bit of our books. We used to homeschool a couple of our kids and I sold a lot of that stuff when they went back to public school. But we have one room that is just hubby's study and 2 floor to ceiling bookcases, and about 7 other bookcases full of books. We have some that are even boxed up in our storage room, and hubby threw away a LOT of college books and notebooks because we could no longer to pay for a storage unit.

The vast majority of our expendable income when he was a full time pastor went to books.

HammeringMan Gods Away On Business
05/16/17 1:25 pm

Sounds like you appreciate Amazon! It's so fun to purchase at deep discounts or at used book prices.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/16/17 4:21 pm

Nope. I've only ordered from Amazon one time, and that was with a gift certificate that someone gave me for food! Lol

We spent a LOT of time at lifeway.com and christianbook.com

But we spent that time, not online, ordering, but in Lifeway's brick and mortar stores, and with CBD's (Christian Book Distributors) circulars we received in the mail.

We were through homeschooling before computers were a big thing in our house! Lol If I had had instant access to things like families do online now, it would've been a LOT cheaper and easier to homeschool! Lol Just imagine--anything you want to look up is free and you don't even have to go to the library!

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/16/17 4:22 pm

The used book sales I was referring to would be at churches or at the Annual Homeschool Convention, when families would come and set up tables of their used books that they were selling so they could make money to buy the ones they needed for the next year! Lol

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/16/17 4:24 pm

Sorry, that last comment is not going to make sense to you. I thought I was commenting in a poll I did today about homeschooling! Lol

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
05/15/17 11:48 pm

I do. I own many religious texts. They will be all located in the "religious fiction" section of my new library I've started constructing in a spare bedroom of my home. Lol fun fact.

Mavericks Bermuda Triangle
05/16/17 12:59 am

I like the idea of having a room in the house as a library. It would give me more reason to add to the collection of what I already have.

Mackinaw Wolverine State, est.1837
05/15/17 11:13 pm

A Bible and Quran, both for study rather than worship.

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
05/16/17 3:51 am

What's your translation for the Quran? Make sure it's not commissioned by the government of Saudi Arabia or anything. I have one like that, and it's such an intolerant and absurd translation.

omniku dot com
05/16/17 4:06 am

I have all three western scriptures (in English) as apps on my phone; the Tanakh (including the Torah), the New Testament, and the Quran. My Quran app was translated by J.M. Rodwell. My understanding is this is one of the earliest translations which was done by a British Christian so the west could criticize it so it may not be the best option but it was the only English app version I could find at the time.

Only one or the apps was free. Can you guess which one was the free one?

Mackinaw Wolverine State, est.1837
05/16/17 4:12 am

@DoctorWasdarb I'm not sure, it's back at my parent's house and I can't recall, but I'm pretty confident that it isn't the Saudi government approved version

DoctorWasdarb Marxist Leninist Maoist
05/16/17 4:33 am

A good, widespread translation is the Sahih International, even though it's not perfect. Another good one is the one by Muhammad Asad, which was banned in Saudi, so it must be good. Although the Asad one is harder to find.