CrimsonEagle May 15th, 2017 8:33pm

Have you ever travel more than 50 miles from home for medical care?

shiculka optimistic realist
05/16/17 3:37 pm

Yes, it's 80 miles to Yale hospital from here, when my husband had a heart attack. It was worth it. Best cardiologist.

catpillow Florida West Coast
05/16/17 2:25 pm

My husband's previous headache specialist was just a bit more than 50 miles away. It was a long drive.

bubba2526 New Jersey
05/16/17 7:17 am

My endocrinologist is out in philly and I live by the beach in NJ so yes I travel rather frequently more than 50 miles for medical care because all the doctors around me deal with is old people and making them comfortable as they die (one actually nearly killed my grandfather by pumping him full of unnecessary meds because "it's what we do" as the dr himself states). But there's many more example I could go into of the lack of caring of pretty my every dr close to where I live. So yeah I travel more than 50 to get medical care and I'd travel over 100 if it were necessary too, thanks to my preexisting condition I did nothing but be born to get.

jstahl Build that wall
05/15/17 11:08 pm

I first answered no, but then thought about it and remembered that my son was transferred to a children's hospital when he was in a local hospital for a week and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with him.

4JC Christian Pastors Wife
05/15/17 9:25 pm

Yes, several times in my lifetime because B'ham has the best doctors/specialists in the state.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
05/15/17 6:46 pm

Got air evaced from the Kinch to Wright-Pat once for a week-long eval. That was probably the farthest.

bubba2526 New Jersey
05/16/17 7:21 am

My dad went there from NJ and it's a good thing he did as they discovered he has a super rare disease (can't remember what it's called but it's a really long name) but he's like 1 in 17 people in the whole US to be diagnosed with it. They saved his life

Wert A picture of my junk
05/16/17 12:26 pm

They do good work, there.

liam2013 iowa
05/15/17 1:46 pm

No. Fortunately there are many excellent hospitals and clinic within a 30-mile radius of my residence. I have been lucky when traveling not to have needed medical care.