followingsea Illinois is
05/16/17 2:02 pm

Of course, I'm an old white man, you convinced me.

theNobamist Silicon Valley
05/15/17 11:54 pm

I get called one every day by the 13y.o. Saying "I like Indian food" is enough to get me accused.

She says her teachers tell her to say so.

sea California
05/15/17 9:30 pm

Depends how you define racist. Do I make generalizations? Yes. Do I assume that all people of a certain race act the same way? No. Do I hate anybody because of their race? No.

abusara i drink and i know things
05/15/17 3:47 pm

Like the man said, "There is no racial bigotry here. I do not look down on niggers, kikes, wops or greasers. Here you are all equally worthless."

RussianThunder Russia and USA
05/15/17 1:04 pm

I don't think so but I grew up in an all white area. I am not used to the wide range of races and ethnic groups there are around me now. I think I have embraced it and very much enjoy the differences but we went to a steak house the other day and a black family set near us. They were being very loud (it was ISU graduation) and I thought to myself "why do THEY have to be so loud" then wondered if I looked at it through a racist lens. I don't think I did and don't think I am but I am on guard in case it creeps in. I think people can be racist and not realize they are.

LibArtie SW Connecticut
05/15/17 2:19 pm

I don't agree with everything you stated but it was an admirable comment for which I applaud you. 👏

RussianThunder Russia and USA
05/15/17 8:34 pm

Yes, loud recent college graduates tend to be loud

sea California
05/15/17 9:26 pm

That's not racist. Blacks are loud compared to most others. At least out here in So cal.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
05/15/17 9:34 pm

Maybe it's cultural.
In this case, it was obviously a large family celebrating what looked like two recent graduates.
To be very honest, the more I think about it, I think racism did creep in. It is an exclusive steak house and this was a big family. At least 14 people. My family of 8 cannot get out of there without paying $200 at the very least. I wondered how they could afford that. Now that I think about it, that's a racist thought. Why would I think they could not afford it? I knew nothing about them. Now I feel kind of ashamed.

sea California
05/15/17 9:47 pm

It is cultural. Those same blacks would probably look at you if you were sitting with them and tell you to stop being so quiet! Like speak up! Also I don't know if it's racist to wonder about their socio economic status. Although $200 isn't that much to pull together... unless you were talking about per person???

FloridaPopulist Nationalist Right
05/15/17 10:00 pm

He probably was not talking per person. And 200 would be pretty expensive for a meal... for me at least.

Nothing to be ashamed of Russian, their are racial differences and observances any rational person can make unless there are programmed or brainwashed to believe it is wrong to have those thoughts.

Not all blacks are loud, no but on average there are a hell of a lot louder then whites. And like what sea, was saying nothing wrong about that, they probably thought you were too quiet. And statistically it is accurate that blacks have less wealth on average then whites. It's pretty funny that you questioned how they could afford it tho. Don't sweat it kid

Louderthebetter
05/15/17 11:39 pm

That's racist!!!!!!!!! If u have to ask it is!!!!!!!