Ernest July 21st, 2013 4:43am

With possibly szazula leaving, do you feel that some people take it too far in SOH? Personal insults and attacks are become common place on official SOH polls? What are your thoughts on this?

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
09/04/13 1:25 am

It saddens me that someone got so hurt that they left SOH.

PAK the Armpit of Florida
07/22/13 3:48 am

People are stupid and have a right to their opinions & we have the right to either
Block and/or unfollow them!

DavesNotHere where am I
07/21/13 4:00 pm

The political trollers & know it alls have become more prevalent lately. Too many constitutional scholars too.

political Georgia
07/21/13 8:43 am

Someone started cussing at me, so I followed them so they will know that they are not running me away.

YouWantMeToPay ... for THIS
07/21/13 4:59 am

Just laugh it off, like I do.

It's not worth having your feelings hurt.

christine1986
07/21/13 4:13 am

Sometimes yes, but I think we are pretty good at policing our own. SOH is a millions times more civil than the normal Internet.

kateXcore Dark side of the moon
07/21/13 12:38 am

I've only ever experienced two users getting really nasty and ignorant...I still didn't block them though. Maybe I have a high tolerance for assholes?

elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
07/20/13 11:22 pm

IGNORE anyone incapable/unwilling to conduct themselves in socially acceptable manner. I try hard to be respectful & expect to be treated in kind. If you can't or won't I truly have interest in what you have to say, however valid your point may be.

elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
07/20/13 11:28 pm

Those whose behavior rises above all others in nastiness I also report. There is simply no call for some of the attitudes & complete absence of respect & demonstration of hostility by a *very* small minority.

Ernest Make it so
07/20/13 11:50 pm

I completely agree about ignoring and how to conduct ones self. I have reported a few myself who completely crossed the line. It's important to disagree respectfully and remain civil, especially when it deals with hard topics that are addressed.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
07/20/13 10:36 pm

I really have not noticed that maybe I just ignore those comments.

susanr Colorado
07/20/13 10:21 pm

I dislike the personal attacks, the almost incessant general name calling from some, & the rude politicization of almost any topic. But one can always put people on "ignore" if you don't like their style of arguing.

HayleyS looking up.
07/20/13 10:03 pm

It's odd how we all got to know szazula in only a week.

jpater Au2O3
07/20/13 10:10 pm

Yeah, I was surprised to realized they were such a recent addition

EarlyBird Portland
07/20/13 11:06 pm

Who is he? Why haven't I noticed him?

Ernest Make it so
07/20/13 11:09 pm

Well, she was someone new who asked a good number of questions, but she had a poll saying goodbye and that she left because of rude/personal attacks in comments.

EarlyBird Portland
07/20/13 11:14 pm

It must have taken place in the main SoH polls but I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary lately.

Ernest Make it so
07/20/13 11:15 pm

Yeah, it was sad to see someone turned off of SOH by some rude disingenuous people... I personally have seen a rise in rude behavior in the official SOH polls :/

EarlyBird Portland
07/20/13 11:20 pm

I have to agree. It seems like a group of about 6 or 7 of the same people over and over. Of those, there are 4 teens that are always involved.

Or at least it's been my observation

Ernest Make it so
07/20/13 11:23 pm

Mine as well. Obnoxiousness, impetuousness, rudeness are their calling cards :/

HayleyS looking up.
07/20/13 11:34 pm

For the most part, I've left the show of hands discussions.

Ill comment what I think if I see the poll when it is first posted. (If I see it later, my opinion is usually already stated more or less). But that's about it.

Jungle in the dog house
07/20/13 9:48 pm

I've been attacked before when my brand of humor is taken seriously, but I just blow it off. There's more to worry about in life than what someone says on SOH.

Jeninerd Hoth, AK
07/20/13 9:46 pm

I think 2.0 made users pay attention to each other more. There has been both good and bad with this. The friendships and the enemies. But the personal attacks are shameful.

Ernest Make it so
07/20/13 10:01 pm

Yeah, I agree. While I think some may insult others on accident or not, when things become personal is it a problem. Personal enough for cause someone to leave?