Mooo42Q Thats Nucking Futs
07/21/13 5:36 am

Generally pig, but im respectful until i see their personality or true colors. I've met a few good guys/ladies.

LilL44 Stuck In Suburbia
07/20/13 9:04 pm

my dad was one and he was a pig but in general I think they're good and like all I know(:

willthehuman Suburbia
07/20/13 6:55 pm

Without them we'd be the Wild West. They are needed.

07/20/13 6:06 pm

I'll just leave this here so we can see how our heroes with badges treat average people
www.heraldtribune.com/article/20130718/COLUMNIST/130719612/2256/NEWS?p=2&tc=pg

Praetorianus Fair enough.
07/20/13 1:27 pm

Good in general, with a few bureaucrats and bullies.

bubblebutt Pollos Hermanos
07/20/13 1:00 pm

A cop tried to bite me one time when I called him out for cutting in front of me at Arby's

stickman46 NJ
07/20/13 12:26 pm

My niece is a cop in the sex crime unit always pursuing the scum of the earth (child abusers, rapists and deviants). She and her colleagues have my upmost respects. there are some bad ones but they are few and far outnumbered by all the good ones

susanr Colorado
07/20/13 12:12 pm

In general? Good. In my personal experience? Good. I know there are bad apples, people who went into the profession for the wrong reason & people who became corrupt & people who aren't too bright. But on the whole, I have no reason to think...

susanr Colorado
07/20/13 12:13 pm

..they are mostly like that. The only 2 cops I know personally are a retired couple, friends of my daughter, for whom I housesit. As far as I'm aware, they were great cops. I'd trust them with my life.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
07/20/13 12:03 pm

I know some really good ones here. One is a friend that works in a nearby small town, and one is a former neighbor that is a county deputy. Neither is the kind of arrogant SOB that seems to be what Seattle prefers in their officers.

07/20/13 11:59 am

There are three kinds of cops.
Bad cops that violate our rights
Cops that allow bad cops to be bad cops
Dead cops

07/20/13 12:57 pm

I pitty the kids you indoctrinate. Good day

07/20/13 1:02 pm

Pull one bad thing out that I said. I dare you.

07/20/13 11:25 am

Don't know how people can view them any other way than good.

FemmeAdamWest in the Tardis library
07/20/13 11:41 am

Umm anyone whose experienced a shady cop.

07/20/13 11:58 am

Wow you must not follow the news much.

07/20/13 12:14 pm

The question asks in general. A shady cop is one person. Kind of unfair to generalize after one instance.

07/20/13 12:16 pm

You go to Taco Bell someone makes your order wrong once. Do you say "oh all taco bells suck?" Nope.

FemmeAdamWest in the Tardis library
07/20/13 12:17 pm

Well me personally am generalizing them all after several instances. I know some are good but I immediately think negatively.

07/20/13 12:17 pm

Is a cop that stands up for a criminal cop any less guilty? Or the cop that knows of malfeasance yet does nothing a good cop? It is a matter that not all cops overtly abuse their authority but all cops know that one guy that does yet do nothing.

07/20/13 12:19 pm

Does a screwed up taco order ruin lives? Does it kill people without thought? Does it rape? Does it put innocent people in prison ? Does it beat innocent people to death? Does it kill dogs for no reason? It is a false equivalency.

07/20/13 12:21 pm

disagree wholeheartedly. too many people think about the negatives over positives. Not everyone is out to get you, not everyone has mal-intent, the president isn't always lying, the shady guy isn't always a pedo. People are too quick to judge.

07/20/13 12:24 pm

Ok then. Lets ignore the police who died risking their lives on 9/11. Lets ignore the police that talk people out of suicide, lets ignore the police who go into a lock down and risk their lives to save others...

07/20/13 12:26 pm

Feel lucky that you have never run across a "bad apple" many who do don't get to talk about it or are vilified by people like you who take the side of a "hero" with a badge.

07/20/13 12:40 pm

I got to tell you man, you come off very accusatory and abrupt. I'm trying to be respectful and argue a side, but you're the reason I don't like debating people.

07/20/13 12:41 pm

I'm starting off as a first year teacher next month. If a student talked disrespectfully and accusatory I'd send him/her out of the class.

07/20/13 12:43 pm

Then prove I am wrong but so far you have taken the part that all police are never bad. I find people like you always vilify the people that police abuse as drug users or criminals. If you are not one of these then tell me and I will withdraw

07/20/13 12:44 pm

If that was the case you are an classroom authoritarian the worst kind of teacher. If you disagree with one you are wrong and are punished. That is no way to foster free thought it is a great way to make good little soldiers for one side or the other

07/20/13 12:50 pm

I disallow disrespect in my classroom, I push everyone to argue opinions. No opinion is wrong, rude people are wrong. Rude people who like to call others names and tell them their opinion is worthless. I had bashed your opinion once. I've argued my

07/20/13 12:51 pm

Side. I value all opinions. Just because you say something doesn't mean I have to agree with it. And nothing is black and white. I gotta tell you man, you are extremely disrespectful. You seem to be the one who doesn't value others opinions and act

07/20/13 12:52 pm

Authoritatively. The only thing I disrespect is the disrespectful. You're opinion matters just as much as mine. But you border cyber-bullying dude.

07/20/13 12:55 pm

And who the hell says something like that to a person? I'm a damn good teacher and proud of it.

07/20/13 1:01 pm

I feel bad for the children who you don't agree with. Good day.

07/20/13 1:08 pm

I pity the people who have to deal with you. You obviously have deep rooted issues that blind you from listening to others and throw you into offensive mode. You'll live your life in your angry bubble and be very content. Good luck to you.

07/20/13 1:12 pm

Really you want to go there hypocrite? You break our the cyber bully ad homonym and the. Go on further after accusing me of attacking you personally. It is better to stay silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and prove it

07/20/13 1:13 pm

You are an awful excuse for a teacher if you show this kind of Hypocrisy in an online forum. You quash opposing opinions without thought and accuse you opponent of cyber bullying?

jonfrei the boonies
07/20/13 1:54 pm

All of us, thekk? All of us "know that one cop but do nothing"? Speak for yourself. You are stereotyping right up there with the best of them.

jonfrei the boonies
07/20/13 1:57 pm

thekk - if anyone needs o prove something, it's you. You are the one making accusations. You are so full of it that your eyes are brown and you can't see the real world because your pompous ass is in the way.

07/20/13 1:58 pm

I've spent a lot of time around le during my time as a paramedic. You all know that one guy on the force that is just a little over zealous in controlling a subject or likes to use his code lights to get somewhere faster.

07/20/13 1:59 pm

He may not be a monster but he breaks laws and that makes him a bad cop in my opinion. Do you exceed the posted limit while running at a code less than 3? You break the law doing so.

07/20/13 2:00 pm

That is your opinion and its sad to see le that has such a bad opinion of people.

jonfrei the boonies
07/20/13 2:01 pm

So your little microcosm of experience defines the world for you? I'm sorry - I truly pity you.

jonfrei the boonies
07/20/13 2:02 pm

Not people - just you. I'm done wasting my time here...

07/20/13 2:04 pm

Well bye glad you got that off your chest