Show Of Hands January 28th, 2013 12:00am

Should Federal immigration laws be reformed to provide a path-to-citizenship for some people who came to the U.S. illegally?

chuckusseb07
02/05/13 7:38 am

That's like saying to someone who robbed a bank "u know what? You've had the money for a good minute why don't u come in, sign some papers, and you can keep it"As far as Mexican immigration goes, we need to get down there and nip this drug cartel problem. It's only a matter of time b4 it comes here

lilraerae Tuscaloosa
02/04/13 8:57 am

My grandma talked of her parents or coming from Europe and one actually came illegally as a stowaway but other not. But it was much cheaper and didn't take anywhere near 10 years.

lilraerae Tuscaloosa
02/04/13 8:55 am

They should make it easier and cheaper.I know someone it took him like 10 years and over $10,000 to Just get a green card. And that's just one person, he had to help his parents and 2 siblings so like total was near $50,000 Kinda crazy to cost so much so he could get away from drug cartel violence.

ohm62
02/04/13 6:27 am

You are right about automatic amnesty and all, and it's not what I am saying. I just think that people talking about automatic deportation have an unjustified sense of entitlement and a blatant lack of compassion. Reminding them where they come from may dim (not suppress) that self righteousness.

vbranger Hillary for Prison
02/03/13 1:03 pm

Should a criminal that Breaks into your home, be set free and not charged with anything or at least kicked out. Liberals if you say yes, give me your address. I want to test this theory. Trust me it will not be me committing the crime, but I am sure it can be arranged to make that happen.

vbranger Hillary for Prison
02/03/13 12:55 pm

Just because hundreds of years ago people came to the US fought the Natives and took the land, established A Gov't with laws and a Constitution, should automatically give amnesty because of what happened so long ago. If we go that route, then we don't have a Gov't, we might as well Abolish Gov't.

vbranger Hillary for Prison
02/03/13 12:50 pm

You are wrong my ancestors came over here in the early 1900's with legal documents to become American citizens so what makes Mexicans any different. They can come here legally, just do it the proper way, it's an established Gov't so follow the laws.

Rivera
02/03/13 12:53 am

Well The US hasn't made English the official language it would be a good idea to do so but there are whole communities that have other languages as their primary language

Rivera
02/03/13 12:43 am

Kimbo you do know all illegal immigrants aren't just Mexican there are huge Asian communities in California with tons of illegal immigrants oh and by the way by using a fake social and working a job that requires a W2 then technically they do pay taxes

bubba546
02/01/13 10:02 pm

Umm. One question. Why? I can't believe people think twice about this. Of course illegals should NOT get the right to receive citizenship. Gtfo

IceWoman New York
02/01/13 6:56 am

Dammit! anyways, hey rich people, do your own gardenning or here's an idea, hire an unemployed AMERICAN!!!

IceWoman New York
02/01/13 6:48 am

I think the people that r saying give em a chance n let them stay and hell let more damn people in our country, are the one that's aren't struggling themselves. theyre doing well and couldn't care less about the people who belong here that are struggling in this society!! and yes I know, our ancest

Doopy Remedial Americanism
01/31/13 7:06 pm

It isn't, where I live. Most of our illegal immigrants are from Asia. They come through the port or across the Canadian border.

I also think it's important to remember that just because most illegals are not Mexican does not necessarily mean most illegals do not come here across the Mexican border.

greeneyes616 RDH
01/31/13 6:58 pm

I'm not denying that there are Mexicans here illegally who do do those things.. All I'm saying is that the words "illegal immigrants" should not be synonymous with Mexicans. They come from all different countries and not all illegals promote drug wars/crimes, etc

ohm62
01/31/13 10:37 am

My kids' nanny is a political refugee from Latin America. She's been on my payroll for many years. My wife and I also subvention a couple of South American kids from poor families, as we believe we need to contribute to people's welfare in their own environment as well, and help restore balance.

ScrewU Gone
01/31/13 8:38 am

So how many have you taken into your home?

ScrewU Gone
01/31/13 8:34 am

... of returns for wanted subjects with similar names. A huge percent of your hit and runs, drunk driving, larceny and sex crimes are illegal men running amok in this country with little fear of being caught.

ScrewU Gone
01/31/13 8:31 am

THOSE are the problem people... They do whatever they want because they can simply change names, move around, or leave and return to avoid being caught. Every police dept has hundreds or thousands of unserved warrants on these people. You can't run a Hispanic name in NCIC without getting dozens...

ScrewU Gone
01/31/13 8:24 am

He seems to think 75% of illegals work jobs that deduct payroll taxes. Pure nonsense.

There is a class of illegals who work real jobs, own homes, register cars and are somewhat above-board. They support a huge shadow population of cash-only illegals who rent rooms, cars etc from them.

ScrewU Gone
01/31/13 8:05 am

Already happening with Obama's "dream act." Hardly anyone signing up for it.

ohm62
01/31/13 6:36 am

No, but that sort of dims that entitlement you think you have to live in a land of plenty, while keeping others starving at your doorstep.

FearToFall what is this for
01/31/13 3:24 am

I say make them leave and go back to their own country and try again. But this time, legally.

Tim10
01/30/13 11:52 pm

Legal immigrants built this nation.

Tim10
01/30/13 11:51 pm

So we should encourage the Mexicans to come and take our land away?....

chocstina Georgia
01/30/13 10:24 pm

its funny how people here are calling undocumented people criminals..but lets look at the founding of America. colonizers came here and killed most of the native Americans and took their land.

_-=ST0RMY=-_
01/30/13 9:39 pm

There you go, they only make life worse for us.

Titothedog Texas
01/30/13 8:15 pm

I welcome the idea for these people we are already here. Those who have no understanding of the issue are those who cast judgment. Reminds me of Germany 1939.

purplemonkey New York
01/30/13 6:20 pm

nope deport them

Rokz
01/30/13 6:16 pm

But now their documented to much for your argument

Rokz
01/30/13 6:16 pm

But now their documented to much for your argument

BladeNut MA
01/30/13 4:44 pm

criminals here. they broke the law. bye-bye. Their "rights" end when they infringe on ours by breaking the law.

BladeNut MA
01/30/13 4:43 pm

wow well i used to consider myself a liberal a few years ago, but theyve fucked up on way too many things, went independant. really between this, "bullying" and guns…

in my state were giving them free money for college too. WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?! There is no good arguement for keeping these

vbranger Hillary for Prison
01/30/13 1:45 pm

I'm all for immigration, if an immigrant has gone thru the process legally, that means the immigrant is an honest person. So we want those immigrants to become Americans. Do we want dishonest law breakers in our society, is this the new America, praising the dishonest.

vbranger Hillary for Prison
01/30/13 1:40 pm

Should american prisoners get amnesty also....why can't prisoners get the same right. They committed a crime so they do the time. What makes an immigrant that illegally crosses the border any different. They committed a crime so they need to do the time or at least be deported.

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
01/30/13 11:59 am

again what's your point,. they did it LEGALLY. I'm not being racist, but not every American is lazy. so what makes them so special? it's a slap in the face to the people who did do it legally. Make them go through the process like everyone else.

shancv
01/30/13 11:57 am

The people who need to be punished are the people who provide jobs to illegal immigrants. It's manipulative to offer pay to ppl who otherwise would be wageless and then demonize only them for being here, while ignoring those who are giving them jobs.

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
01/30/13 11:55 am

Both sides have stupid arguments. "they take the jobs Americans don't want" so do blacks..what's your point? or.."weren't your grandparents/great-grandparents immigrants?" yes, but they went through Ellis Island (my mom's side) and during the Revolutionary War or Ellis Island (my dad's side) agai

jamsandwich
01/30/13 7:53 am

And no one is asking to let every illegal in country immediately.

ohm62
01/30/13 5:14 am

So I guess you don't take issue when the Shariah is carried out in certain countries, and women are stoned or jailed for years for adultery, driving a car, or merely being immodestly dressed?

Not all laws are just, ethical, or even simply humane.

badattitude no place like home
01/30/13 2:56 am

Most won't come forward. They will just have to pay tax.

danno9
01/29/13 11:33 pm

They are getting parole and they haven't even been to jail yet. I think I will spend some time trying to figure out what federal law I can break where people will feel that I am the victim. Maybe I will rob a bank. I can always say I was just trying to improve my life. It's all about votes.

susanr Colorado
01/29/13 9:59 pm

A TinyUrl version would be ever so kinder. And more likely to be used.

bman4jets
01/29/13 9:51 pm

I hate the argument that America was founded by immigrants and that everyone is a decedent of an immigrant. America still lets in tons of immigrants legally each year. In reality, as much as we would love to take every wanting immigrant ASAP, we can't. No one is asking to keep every immigrant out.

bman4jets
01/29/13 9:42 pm

Rewarding people who break the law is completely hypocritical

bman4jets
01/29/13 9:40 pm

Because that sends a great message to all immigrants. "Hey you can disregard coming here illegally cause then you can become a citizen." And how the hell is this fair to all the immigrants who got in legally?

gjb2779
01/29/13 9:17 pm

if they agree to pay backtaxes for the time they were here illegally & have a clean record, i say they should be considered for citizenship

dbalent
01/29/13 9:03 pm

The house has proposed budgets (DEM and GOP houses) that Harry Reid in the senate has blocked voting on and the Prez was content to let him block it because O never stepped in.

www.nytimes.com/2011/04/16/us/politics/16congress.html?_r=1&

dbalent
01/29/13 8:57 pm

RJ- your ignorance is only surpassed by your temper. The URL below explains it. The last approved budget was April 2009 Obama's watch and the budget included the $787B bailout.

OBAMA's spend and debt.