Show Of Hands January 28th, 2013 12:00am

Do you think most people who disagree politically are seeking the same ultimate goals (but disagree on how best to accomplish them), or are they seeking completely different outcomes as well?

vbranger Hillary for Prison
02/03/13 1:08 pm

No not the same, I don't want to pay for a program I will never use or do not believe in, if I get tax breaks then I can use my money how I want, Dems want every tax payer to support a program that no all people agree on.

8ESBABY Houston
02/03/13 9:12 am

Proud Libertarian! I don't expect ANYONE to help me achieve my goals, but me and my determination. I'm FREE (I'm black so I'm SUPER happy slavery has been abolished!) I'm at PEACE because I don't allow BS in my life & PROSPEROUS enough to take care of myself w/o the assistance of others/govnt, EVER

dcsolina
01/31/13 12:16 pm

All people work towards the same goal. Freedom, peace, and prosperity for all. Some just believe it comes from government (Democrats AND Republicans). Others understand you can't get that from government (libertarians).

ScrewU Gone
01/31/13 8:01 am

No. The two sides envision very different societies as their "ideal." The left imagines the best life to be managed by govt from cradle to grave as they see fit. The Right want a free people, making their own choices and living with the consequences.

I choose freedom, every time.

vbranger Hillary for Prison
01/30/13 12:01 pm

In reality though Repubs should allow the marriage right. I was simply stating what others think when it comes to such arguments. In reality it's not even on my mind, I don't care either way, if a gay couple can provide a better home for an adopted child than a foster home, then I'm for it.

vbranger Hillary for Prison
01/30/13 11:55 am

I am not disagreeing I am not one to stop a law that allows gays to marry, I think it's your preference on your personal life. As long as you as a person can provide something for our society. What I mean by that is,don't rely on Gov't for support or aid. Gov't should be the absolute last resort

trav Instagram, travisdover
01/30/13 11:13 am

equal in the eyes of the law. Inequality breeds discrimination, which doesn't have a threshold, as we saw in WWII. We can agree to disagree about it though.

trav Instagram, travisdover
01/30/13 11:09 am

I'm glad you don't discriminate against your gay workers. I'm sure you are a fair and just person. I just think some people aren't as fair as you. That when the opportunity to take advantage or exploit a minority's difference, some people are going to take it, especially if they aren't considered...

trav Instagram, travisdover
01/30/13 10:59 am

Here is my logic: as soon as a group is considered not equal or as outsiders, there is a tendency to discriminate. I wouldn't want a law stating that gays are equal. I want a federal law giving them the same rights (i.e. the ability to marry) that shows people they are equal.

vbranger Hillary for Prison
01/30/13 6:20 am

That's where you are wrong, I work with a few that are gay. I don't treat them different, and it's never brought up, I respect their sexual preference. They are also my hardest workers. I don't treat them any different and I do not favor others because of sexual preference.

vbranger Hillary for Prison
01/30/13 6:10 am

So making it legal to marry same gender would eliminate violence towards gays. Good thing we have bully laws in schools because that surely eliminated bullying. We might as well take the second amendment away because that would eliminate violence. I don't see the logic.

gonzoboy Arizona
01/30/13 2:24 am

@anarchy, sorry for this loss to you, and your whole family. What a rich life! A great, skilled professional, and family man. I can 'feel' his depth and influence in your stated thoughts. He laid a fine foundation for his family to build upon, and carry forward, as I know you'll do with honor.

lsd123
01/30/13 12:14 am

The ultimate goal is the well being of the u.s right? And wether you're a democrat or republican I doubt you're against watching your nation prosper. So both parties must be working toward the same ultimate goal.

anarchy GET OFF MY LAWN
01/29/13 10:46 pm

Hey guys. I'm gonna get pretty raw with you now. That "mentor" that I mentioned was my grandfather, and he just passed away on friday. His name is Lowell E. Hershey from Kalamazoo, Michigan. He was a great man...please do yourself a favor and google his obituary. My fam is heartbroken....

innate1 Georgia
01/29/13 9:51 pm

Everyone wants to be happy. There are a select few that want others to be unhappy and tend to have loud voices. But they are the exception not the rule.

droo Santa Barbara
01/29/13 9:43 pm

But oh no, economic freedom is unthinkable.

bman4jets
01/29/13 9:36 pm

Democrat - let's tax the people and create programs to help them succeed to boost the economy.
Republican - Let's cut taxes and let people keep they're money to expand on business to create jobs and let them succeed themselves with their own money and boost the economy.

It's the same in my opinion

iryna
01/29/13 8:57 pm

There's different ways to interpret "outcomes" - literally what society should be like, or just the general idea of peace/prosperity/happiness for all. Every ideology strives for the latter, but may disagree not only on what kind of society maximizes it but also on how to get to that society.

AliciaJ
01/29/13 8:39 pm

if we cant blame the government, who does that leave?

trav Instagram, travisdover
01/29/13 8:09 pm

your sexual orientation, you are not an equal. The fact that some state governments don't allow homosexual marriages helps to breed the hate that makes people think it's immoral. What's immoral is not accepting them. what's immoral is treating them like third class citizens.

veritas1 Panda
01/29/13 8:07 pm

@Okie. I've always liked you. Want to meet up that the clinic this weekend?
@Tal Being an abortion doctor isn't a profession. It's a way of life.

Yes! Got the Spock seal of approval.

trav Instagram, travisdover
01/29/13 8:03 pm

member of an ostracized group of people. That's what it's like to be gay. Have some compassion for the minorities of the world. When you have to leave the state you live in to get married, you're not an equal in society. When (as you say) your children might get made fun of or beat up because of...

trav Instagram, travisdover
01/29/13 7:58 pm

You think it's an immoral question when a child asks why another child grows up with two parents of the same gender? It's not an immoral question. The answer is simple -- they love each other. You love your family. You are a family man. Imagine if you couldn't marry your wife because you were a...

kellyw The Mississippi Delta
01/29/13 7:02 pm

It's a mixture of both. We both want a safe, stable, prosperous society with a happy, productive populous. We can agree on that. But then... Republicans want a reverent society without any premarital sex... and I really don't see the point of that.

vbranger Hillary for Prison
01/29/13 6:56 pm

I am confused what rights are taken away from gays. Gays can vote, gays can join the military, gays can go to school, gays can do whatever your mind says.... So I am confused what rights are taken away. Being gay is not illegal, and it will never be illegal,You are allowed to be gay, it's EQUAL....

vbranger Hillary for Prison
01/29/13 6:51 pm

Repub/dems are not taking away your rights to be gay, they just are not lifting any ban that says you cannot Marry. They will not make it illegal to be gay or live together. If its marriage you want hire a priest and marry,get your marriage certificate with your partner and say you are married....

vbranger Hillary for Prison
01/29/13 6:46 pm

....Children see & what they will have to endure and go through, so when I take my kids to a little league game, or PTA meeting, in reality what do you say when you 5 yr old asks,"dad why does little john have 2 dads" heterosexual parent do not want to answer those immoral questions. It's not normal

vbranger Hillary for Prison
01/29/13 6:40 pm

I see your logic, but also look at it this way. Our society is getting more difficult when it comes to this. As soon as this passes you will be having gays adopt kids and the kids will be joked and beat up for having 2 dads or 2 moms. Another is respecting what other people don't want their......

1127David Ohio
01/29/13 5:46 pm

I think economically liberals and conservatives have the same goal of a good economy, but on social issues is where their goals completely diverge.

1127David Ohio
01/29/13 5:44 pm

No, you are thinking of communist, 95% of liberals I know would be against centralizing everything.

vlntry Daytona Beach Shores, FL
01/29/13 5:34 pm

Politics at its core is nothing more than people attempting to achieve a desired end by one mean or another. People just have different opinions on how to achieve that end result.

dadstad Texas
01/29/13 5:12 pm

Well said. I've moved 11 times in 30 years and have lived in 8 states. My experience is the same as yours.

dlaw4570
01/29/13 4:47 pm

Liberals (demos) can't live without the conservatives...on the other hand, conservatives can live very well without the liberals!!!

andyxoxo
01/29/13 4:34 pm

Yea but with that conservative belief comes the idea of leaving those behind that cannot succeed without help. Example would be only rich affording the best colleges for education.

andyxoxo
01/29/13 4:29 pm

Diff approach. Both want to make America better. Just in conservative or liberal ways but both feel its to make America better.

spicysteve M14D SBS
01/29/13 4:19 pm

Yes, but they want Obama and other dems to lose to further own agenda for American prosperity

ayakra Wyoming
01/29/13 4:05 pm

I believe that we push to the same goal. A safe, happy, and economically sound country. But our ways of getting there are what vary.

TiltonAllStarz Outside Ur Comfort Zone
01/29/13 4:00 pm

Tony,
Agreed, but on Election Day...
My choices are limited to the "party war". I've stated multiple times, that America should come first. I don't subscribe to the talking point nonsense that goes on.

RebeIFury76
01/29/13 3:46 pm

Dude, the lefties envision a eutopian paradise just like the righties do.

Us libertarians live in the real world.

rons screw politicians
01/29/13 3:43 pm

Your on the run?

rons screw politicians
01/29/13 3:41 pm

Democrats push towards communism. While the republicans puts to never never land.

SCUBAGUY OSide
01/29/13 3:39 pm

You seriously don't read do you? I'm done trying to explain. I couldn't make it any clearer for you, yet you still want to hear yourself type and go about your rhetoric. Enjoy.

dbalent
01/29/13 3:29 pm

Make it a pay per view on CSPAN and we may even raise some money to pay down the debt!

dbalent
01/29/13 3:28 pm

I like the cage match idea. Boehner not my choice. GOP has several former special forces soldiers I would rather assign that task to.

Threeper301 Gilbert, AZ
01/29/13 3:05 pm

...meaning, less regulations and therefore more freedom; the REAL "power to the people".

Threeper301 Gilbert, AZ
01/29/13 3:04 pm

Very true! They're all about the govt. regulating us into the ground, because they believe they're the ONLY solution to the problem(s); they're not. The more power you give the govt., the less freedom the people have, and THAT is why Conservatives are all for "small government".

MisterE Conservistan
01/29/13 3:01 pm

Most liberals want to centralize government so they can make sure everything is fair. Is this statement true?